Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/15/sprint-galaxy-mega-galaxy-s4-mini-and-htc-one-max-all-get-ota-software-updates-providing-lte-related-enhancements/

^ Basically tri-band phones will soon be getting updates to enable bands 26/41 and "LTE UI enhancements" (probably adding the obnoxious spinning indicator)

Does anyone know when the Nexus 5 will get this? I wonder how updates will work considering Google's control over the Nexus 5...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/15/sprint-galaxy-mega-galaxy-s4-mini-and-htc-one-max-all-get-ota-software-updates-providing-lte-related-enhancements/

^ Basically tri-band phones will soon be getting updates to enable bands 26/41 and "LTE UI enhancements" (probably adding the obnoxious spinning indicator)

Does anyone know when the Nexus 5 will get this? I wonder how updates will work considering Google's control over the Nexus 5...

Come on man, read the thread, it was literally 2 pages back.

EDIT: sorry, 7 pages back.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4989-lg-google-nexus-5-users-thread/?p=238753

I just installed it and it works for me.

The last.fm streaming radio app will not stream for me though the rest of the app appears to function.

Have you blocked ads with a host file? that could be a possibility why.

• Like 1

My N5 arrived at the UPS hub in Earth City, MO about 20-30 minutes from my office but they won't let me come pick it up! Grrrrrr!

I picked up mine around 7.30 this morning .you should called yesterday and asked them to put your box on hold

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

can you tell me your exact settings in both the GV app as well as the dialer app?  maybe send screenshots?  i can not for the life of me get the phone to notify me.  thanks!

Here are the GV settings.

The Voicemail service in the dialer is set to 'My Carrier'

Hope this helps.

post-1063-0-72235300-1384544883_thumb.jpg

Picked up one from Best Buy today, attempted to price match and almost succeeded but they wanted to see the word Sprint somewhere on Google's store and we couldn't find it.  Looking forward to playing with it but may wait until Monday since my local store is doing an exchange on my One for cracks around the power button.

Not sure if it's too late but it definitely says Sprint under the Supported Service heading in the second page of the Technical specifications section of the Google Play Store listing of the Nexus 5: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

Not sure if it's too late but it definitely says Sprint under the Supported Service heading in the second page of the Technical specifications section of the Google Play Store listing of the Nexus 5: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

Geek freaks got him good

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have any of you seen the ONE review for the Nexus 5 on Sprint.com? The person gave it a 3 out of 5. 2 people found the review helpful while 29 found it unhelpful haha. The reviewer and 2 others don't know about S4GRU and the issues regarding tri-band while the other 29 are either programmers or S4GRU members!  :rofl:

• Like 2

Not sure if it's too late but it definitely says Sprint under the Supported Service heading in the second page of the Technical specifications section of the Google Play Store listing of the Nexus 5: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

Damn it! I think because it says unlocked there too that they won't go for it but I'm going to try. They insist the version they sell is locked to Sprint. Clowns....

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Damn it! I think because it says unlocked there too that they won't go for it but I'm going to try. They insist the version they sell is locked to Sprint. Clowns....

In their defense, I think I have seen pictures of the retail box sold by Sprint and Best Buy that does (incorrectly) say that..

-Mike

Omg... The icon is animated? I would have been fine if that icon was just a static image in the status bar, but animated? That's going to be annoying.

• Like 2

I just installed it and it works for me.

The last.fm streaming radio app will not stream for me though the rest of the app appears to function.

Have you blocked ads with a host file? that could be a possibility why.

Hrm, I was hoping it was just a problem with the N5 or 4.4 itself.  I had them blocked on my GNex, but not on my N5.  Thanks though, I appreciate at least nailing it down to that it's not everyone that has the problem.

Not sure if it works on the Nexus 5 but Sprint usually allows changing the scan rate with one of the dialer code menus. I changed mine on my One from 300 to 180 seconds, didn't notice much of a battery hit but YMMV.

Which dialer code and which menu option is it?

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind the icon being animated when there is actual traffic active, but yeah it would definitely get annoying if it always animated.

Hopefully the google approved icon on the n5 will be a little more subtle.

Omg... The icon is animated? I would have been fine if that icon was just a static image in the status bar, but animated? That's going to be annoying.

I am hoping that Nexus 5's purchased through Google Play don't get that icon, hopefully it is only Sprint branded devices and none of the nexus 5's since the updates will be coming from Google.

I am hoping that Nexus 5's purchased through Google Play don't get that icon, hopefully it is only Sprint branded devices and none of the nexus 5's since the updates will be coming from Google.

I think we are all getting updates from Google so hopefully none of us will see that annoying crap.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind the icon being animated when there is actual traffic active, but yeah it would definitely get annoying if it always animated.

Hopefully the google approved icon on the n5 will be a little more subtle.

I agree with both of you. Hopefully the Nexus 5 doesn't get that icon, but in the event that it does, then I hope it's only animated during data transfer. Otherwise, it's going to be pretty annoying.

• Like 1