Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Huge system dump went live. The new android 5.0 messenger app, new google play music, google books works just fine. Calendar, gmail, email, google fit dont.

Just a note to people wanting to try these apps: They are not production signed.  This means that it is possible that people modified them and you would never know.  Just be careful what you trust.

• Like 7

I've been on the new radio since yesterday, and it *seems* to hold on to, and regain lte better than previous radios.

it has been a lot more stable, but still bouncing around 2 different further b41 and 1 stronger/closer b25 site than before, but still not quite as good as my htc m8.

New radio from lollipop holds LTE much better for me SO FAR. Haven't dropped to 3g all yet today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've been using the new radio for several days now.  I don't see any improvement to holding on to LTE or better scan times once it drops off.  It also likes to hang on to a -105 1xRTT signal here when there is also -85 1x800 available.

Edit: I am still on 4.4.4.  Wonder if it behaves differently on 5.0 Lollipop?

• Like 1

I've been using the new radio for several days now.  I don't see any improvement to holding on to LTE or better scan times once it drops off.  It also likes to hang on to a -105 1xRTT signal here when there is also -85 1x800 available.

Same experience here on 4.4.4, although I'm noticing more 1X 800 -- although that could just be a coincidence. It certainly does not seem any worse for me though, and I'm sure there are improvements of some kind hiding in there.

-Mike

• Like 1

Customized bubble colors for conversations are finally back in textra!

Excellent! I have been staying on the old version until they got that working again, it's a critical feature for me. Are there any issues with the new version, or should I take the jump? I'm always hesitant when they make major changes because I rely on SMS for a lot of things, including work.

-Mike

Customized bubble colors for conversations are finally back in textra!

As i recall, the print in the bubble was a white color.  Can you now select black print in the latest update?

Excellent! I have been staying on the old version until they got that working again, it's a critical feature for me. Are there any issues with the new version, or should I take the jump? I'm always hesitant when they make major changes because I rely on SMS for a lot of things, including work.

-Mike

So far it's working perfectly for me. The only thing I haven't had to chance to test is MMS. The dev's for textra actually haven't managed to have a bad update in the past 5-10 updates, at least not for me.
  • Like 1

As i recall, the print in the bubble was a white color. Can you now select black print in the latest update?

If you use dark mode or 'black' the text defaults to white so it's legible. If you use the standard color theme the text is black.

If you use dark mode or 'black' the text defaults to white so it's legible. If you use the standard color theme the text is black.

Thanks, I hate the stock SMS app on my G3.  It sticks strictly to the 160 character (CDMA) rule, so even if you insert a smiley, it breaks the message apart - can't turn that feature off either.  Used to use Handcent and tried Chomp, but didn't like them very much. 

Thanks, I hate the stock SMS app on my G3. It sticks strictly to the 160 character (CDMA) rule, so even if you insert a smiley, it breaks the message apart - can't turn that feature off either. Used to use Handcent and tried Chomp, but didn't like them very much.

Textra has by far been my favorite 3rd party texting app. It has the option to not separate texts in your conversation. However it will split them up to send to other people this is required of text messages on Sprint, I believe it's due to it being CDMA network.
  • Like 2

I want to try the developer version of L. Can anyone tell me how to do this step by step. It fails everytime

Assuming you have the SDK, and all the necessary drivers. Put your n5 in fastboot mode, turn it off hold the power button and volume down together. Use the arrow keys to chose fastboot mode. You need to be unlocked (fastboot oem unlock if you aren't) to do this. Extract the developer image twice, .tar and .tgz and put them in the same folder as the SDK. Then you should be able to double click the flash-all.bat, or you can use the flash-all command.
  • Like 1

Same experience here on 4.4.4, although I'm noticing more 1X 800 -- although that could just be a coincidence. It certainly does not seem any worse for me though, and I'm sure there are improvements of some kind hiding in there.

-Mike

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm on 4.4.4 and the new radio with little to no effect.  Still drop to 3g quite a bit and haven't noticed any increase in LTE.  I also randomly experienced more 1X 800, but agree it may also be a fluke.  I hope the final L radio is slightly better.  One can hope, right  :D ?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm on 4.4.4 and the new radio with little to no effect.  Still drop to 3g quite a bit and haven't noticed any increase in LTE.  I also randomly experienced more 1X 800, but agree it may also be a fluke.  I hope the final L radio is slightly better.  One can hope, right  :D ?

Me too.  Where my s4 triband doesnt drop lte.  This phone always falls back to 3g.  

• Like 1

Assuming you have the SDK, and all the necessary drivers. Put your n5 in fastboot mode, turn it off hold the power button and volume down together. Use the arrow keys to chose fastboot mode. You need to be unlocked (fastboot oem unlock if you aren't) to do this. Extract the developer image twice, .tar and .tgz and put them in the same folder as the SDK. Then you should be able to double click the flash-all.bat, or you can use the flash-all command.

after fast boot part im lost!! I think ill wait to November 3rd when the factory images are released