Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Hey everyone,I'm running android l the developer 2 with lpx13d (new radio) and I'm getting speed tests of ~.30mbps. When I flash the old .15 radio, I get 4-5mbps. Does anyone know what's going on?

This is on both lte800 and LTE

Thanks

Hey everyone,I'm running android l the developer 2 with lpx13d (new radio) and I'm getting speed tests of ~.30mbps. When I flash the old .15 radio, I get 4-5mbps. Does anyone know what's going on?

This is on both lte800 and LTE

Thanks

Are you on the same site and sector with both radios? Or even the same band of LTE? That's the first thing you need to check using either the engineering screens or an app like signal check.
  • Like 1

Yes exact same site and bands monitored using signal check pro

Very strange

Same result at the tower by my home

Could just be one radio is a bit better than the other and pulling a better quality signal. Or the tower could just more burdened when you're on the one radio than the other (would be highly coincidental, but possible).

nope... I is easily accessible. Just open the app and click the three dots. HDR is the option in the middle.

I didn't download the latest update,but Some users complained about Google removing HDR

For all the people having problems with no mobile data, this is something I've seen quite a bit when switching sims between tmobile and sprint. 

The fix that has always worked for me is to go into mobile network settings, and toggle the phone to global or 3g, then back to LTE preferred.  This seems to update a bunch of settings.   I used to factory reset to get my data back till I discovered this fix.

As soon as you see the 5.0 image show up on this page, it's live..

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

You can also d/l it from that page and install it if you're not patient enough to wait on the OTA, which may not hit your phone for several days. 

downloading now... gonna try out the radio first, then do a fresh 5.0 lollipop tonight or tomorrow  :tu:

edit: radio version is 2.0.50.2.21

final build is beautiful, though be prepared for your phone to be sitting for quite sometime as its going to be updating everything for at least 15-20 mins

Are you talking about when it first tries to boot up and the 4 color balls are swirling around?  Because that is where I am stuck and I am just letting it do its thing.

installing right now

Not installing -- not now, not ever.  The Nexus 5 is an Android 4.4 KitKat device.  I associate firmware with hardware.  Otherwise, the historical chronology gets changed and lost.  When I want Android 5.0 Lollipop, I buy a new device.

AJ

Are you talking about when it first tries to boot up and the 4 color balls are swirling around?  Because that is where I am stuck and I am just letting it do its thing.

It'll do that for a bit, but eventually boot. The apps all have to update so just let em go