Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I believe that Google released the source code yesterday for developers and OEM manufacturers.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It went AOSP last night, once it shows up in the factory images there won't be a need to wait for the OTA as you can just flash it.

• Like 1

Full source is now up. I've started work at PA. Still waiting on binaries

Sweet! #stayparanoid  :ninja:

Also, kinda off topic, but was there any plan to release the changelog for last night's build? I think Andre said just bug fixes, but I didn't have time to read into it too much. I just went ahead and installed it. Seems good so far. 

Sweet! #stayparanoid  :ninja:

Also, kinda off topic, but was there any plan to release the changelog for last night's build? I think Andre said just bug fixes, but I didn't have time to read into it too much. I just went ahead and installed it. Seems good so far. 

Nah no changelog necessary because it was a very minor release.

• Like 1

There's a possibility that Google might wait until the nexus 6 has been out a few weeks. I believe this is what happened when kitkat came out on the nexus 5. Nexus 4 users were stuck waiting for the update.

word on the street it could be nov 12th or later due to some bugs  :wacko:

I'm not really that bothered by the wait. I'm fine of the preview for now and its not like xposed will be ready anytime soon so I'm fine waiting it out a bit.

• Like 1

I'm having an issue placing calls on my nexus 5 I just purchased data works great and I can receive calls but when I try to call out it says no mobile network. Anyone know what might cause this? My s5 worked just fine.

I'm having an issue placing calls on my nexus 5 I just purchased data works great and I can receive calls but when I try to call out it says no mobile network. Anyone know what might cause this? My s5 worked just fine.

It could be a network issue but in the meantime try this.

I'm going to assume you updated the PRL and your profile. In the past what's worked for me is putting the phone in 3G mode only and restarting. Once it's back on change your mobile network back to global. Next go to the phone dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#*. Under phone information turn off radio and the enable it again. Everything should work now.

It could be a network issue but in the meantime try this.

I'm going to assume you updated the PRL and your profile. In the past what's worked for me is putting the phone in 3G mode only and restarting. Once it's back on change your mobile network back to global. Next go to the phone dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#*. Under phone information turn off radio and the enable it again. Everything should work now.

Awesome this worked thank you

That's great news. I've had to do that time from time. Out of curiosity, has this phone been used on another network other than Sprint?

No, just ordered it from Google play it was new everything worked except outgoing calls when I set it up

I already had to do that again is that normal or is there a permanent fix that anyone knows of to fix outgoing calls?

It might be possible you got a defective unit.

Good thing is google is quick on replacing it. Next day air.