Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Official images are out, just did a nice clean install. Definitely some improvements over the preview. Same radio apparently but I seem to be getting better signal strength on B41 sitting at my desk, what is usually 120dBm+ is now around 113-118-dBm. Could be anything though that is not directly related to installing this update.    :D

does unlocking the bootloader wipe my device? never done it this way before, always waited for the OTA.

yes it will wipe your device, so if you want to save anything, store it on your computer.

Ughh.. Mine is literally stuck it the spinning color balls for 15 minutes.  I already flashed twice and it still hanging. 

Just let it do its thing, eventually it'll boot, it's just updating the system.

probably take more than 15 minutes to get past the animation but less than 30, then another 10 minutes or more doing the upgrading apps thing (depends on how many apps you have installed).

Not installing -- not now, not ever.  The Nexus 5 is an Android 4.4 KitKat device.  I associate firmware with hardware.  Otherwise, the historical chronology gets changed and lost.  When I want Android 5.0 Lollipop, I buy a new device.

AJ

:td:

• Like 4

Not installing -- not now, not ever.  The Nexus 5 is an Android 4.4 KitKat device.  I associate firmware with hardware.  Otherwise, the historical chronology gets changed and lost.  When I want Android 5.0 Lollipop, I buy a new device.

AJ

You're weird.

:hide:

• Like 6

You're weird.

:hide:

358cj1g.png

AJ

• Like 2

:td:

Your job application for the position of curator of the Robert M. Herron Museum of Modern Cellphones has just been tossed in the trash.

AJ

• Like 2

The flash-all batch file didn't seem to work for me, it kept giving an error: update package missing system.img. First time I've had to manually flash a system image. Any idea what that error was or why it happened?

Ughh.. Mine is literally stuck it the spinning color balls for 15 minutes.  I already flashed twice and it still hanging. 

Yeah, if you've ever tried ART on KitKat and had a lot of apps, this would have happened to you too. The ART runtime compiles apps at first boot or first install, so the ART equivalent of the Dalvik cache is huge enough to make your first boot take forever. This is actually what I'm dreading about most from the update as a 15-20 minute wait for a phone booting up is a significantly large amount of time.

Either way, I finally have some peace and quiet at work, so I'm currently downloading the images. Hopefully my phone boots up before my girlfriend starts asking about dinner plans... :P

The flash-all batch file didn't seem to work for me, it kept giving an error: update package missing system.img. First time I've had to manually flash a system image. Any idea what that error was or why it happened?

I had no issues with that luckily.

Same.

Open Task Manager and end task the adb process. Run flash-all.bat again.

I installed using manual fastboot commands to dirty flash. Everything so far running pretty well. One thing I noticed was I was holding onto a pretty weak LTE signal in the lobby at work, and it was relatively usable. I've never gotten an LTE signal there that was usable before, and I know for sure that the nearest tower hasn't been LTE upgraded yet. Soon though, we'll see. The whiteness of the UI elements kind of threw me off (I'm not much for developer previews/beta software), but I'll get used to it. The power off animation is pretty slick compared to the CRT-off animation of the GB to KK days. Time to enjoy some lollipop goodness.

I don't understand the radio it seems to be the same as the last preview but for some odd reason LTE is stronger now and I haven't dropped off LTE in my house yet which I normally do at my desk.

Placebo effect I guess.  I checked the md5's of the radio images just to make sure they're exactly the same and they match, so it can't be the radio.

Unless you were running the first L preview radio and not the latest one?

Placebo effect I guess. I checked the md5's of the radio images just to make sure they're exactly the same and they match, so it can't be the radio.

Unless you were running the first L preview radio and not the latest one?

I was running the latest one released in October. As I said this is weird but I am not complaining.

Sent from my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0 Lollipop