Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

after fast boot part im lost!! I think ill wait to November 3rd when the factory images are released

Do you know what the android SDK is? Most of us use this one because it only includes the essentials. http://www.xda-developers.com/android/lightweight-adb-and-fastboot-installer/

You need to go into the folder where the SDK is installed, and make a new one for the lollipop file you've downloaded(should be a .tgz at this point, if it isn't manually change the file type to .tgz) extract the file in the folder and you should get a tar file then you need to extract the .tar file.

Now this is the point where your phone needs to be unlocked, when you go to fastboot mode it says unlock state on the screen, if it's locked you're going to need to open up a command prompt window and run the command I gave you above ***This will WIPE your phone of any and all user data*** then once you're unlocked you either can double click the flash-all.bat file to flash the image to your device, or you can run the other command I gave you in a command prompt window.

Ha, phones clock is an hour behind this morning. Wrong weekend Sprint!

On AT&T we changed from Mountain to Central time this morning. Not even the right direction. LOL

• Like 1

That would drive me nuts. Not getting data and then to do a factory reset especially after all the customization. Any idea what caused it?

Not at all, woke up went to work and went to do my normal routine and realized data wasn't working. Tried a prl update and I kept getting a network error. Tried everything I could think of but to no avail. Luckily I didn't lose much, just a few photos.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not at all, woke up went to work and went to do my normal routine and realized data wasn't working. Tried a prl update and I kept getting a network error. Tried everything I could think of but to no avail. Luckily I didn't lose much, just a few photos.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Happened to me a few months ago. Connection showed as unregistered in signalcheck. I tried everything. I ended up factory resetting then restoring a backup. Very confusing. I would've thought it was related to me tweaking stuff, but it happened randomly weeks after I last changed a system file.

Happened to me a few months ago. Connection showed as unregistered in signalcheck. I tried everything. I ended up factory resetting then restoring a backup. Very confusing. I would've thought it was related to me tweaking stuff, but it happened randomly weeks after I last changed a system file.

That's what was showing for me in signalcheck pro, first time it's ever happened to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's what was showing for me in signalcheck pro, first time it's ever happened to me.

Weird, a few people have asked me about this lately. "Unregistered" showing in the app typically indicates a device that is not activated on the network. I see it on my deactivated EVO LTE and when I put inactive prepaid SIMs in my Nexus 5. In my experience, you will get network connections, but cannot transfer any data.

-Mike

Weird, a few people have asked me about this lately. "Unregistered" showing in the app typically indicates a device that is not activated on the network. I see it on my deactivated EVO LTE and when I put inactive prepaid SIMs in my Nexus 5. In my experience, you will get network connections, but cannot transfer any data.

-Mike

Yeah I don't get it, hoping it's just a bug with this version of lollipop.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yeah I don't get it, hoping it's just a bug with this version of lollipop.

Were you seeing the same results on both 3G and LTE? Did you try re-seating the SIM? I know it doesn't really matter now, but if this a bug it has the potential to be a huge one.. @cordell12 recently contacted me with a similar issue on two Note 3's and a Nexus 5, but it only affected 3G data -- everything else was fine, including LTE. A factory reset somehow did the trick.

-Mike

Were you seeing the same results on both 3G and LTE? Did you try re-seating the SIM? I know it doesn't really matter now, but if this a bug it has the potential to be a huge one.. @cordell12 recently contacted me with a similar issue on two Note 3's and a Nexus 5, but it only affected 3G data -- everything else was fine, including LTE. A factory reset somehow did the trick.

-Mike

It did it on either one sadly.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That happened to me, but Sprint was to blame when they some how messed with my Airave and phone. For some reason a day later it was fixed when I tried activating the phone via Wifi.

Its happened to me a few times. Re provisioning with *#*#72786#*#*, updating profile and then prl has fixed it every time. I'm not sure what causes it, but its really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Its happened to me a few times. Re provisioning with *#*#72786#*#*, updating profile and then prl has fixed it every time. I'm not sure what causes it, but its really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I tried that but I could be wrong. :P

When I first got Lollipop installed I could not get data working for the life of me for hours. Showed up as "Unregistered" in Signalcheck. Eventually some combination of radio info switching and profile updating fixed it, though I could always connect in 1x mode (CDMA Only). Occasionally SCP will show "Unregistered" when I'm connected to Wifi and camping on LTE, especially in fringe coverage areas. 

I had this same issue when first flashing the new Lollipop image earlier in the month. Unregistered in SCP. PRL update didn't work, neither did reprovisioning. 

Did a factory reset and after the initial activation during setup everything worked fine and has since. Weird.

Anyone get the notification for the official update yet? Sitting here on the final preview not sure I'll get a prompt for the official one. And finally has anyone seen the official images yet? Here's hoping for some more polish.

Sent from my Nexus 5

If your on a preview build than more than likely you will not get a notification for the OTA update. I myself went back to kitkat to wait for the update. Otherwise you'll have to flash your phone again with the official lollipop build once it goes live.

Anyone get the notification for the official update yet? Sitting here on the final preview not sure I'll get a prompt for the official one. And finally has anyone seen the official images yet? Here's hoping for some more polish.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I checked earlier today and it said I have the latest version... I know it was supposed to launch today, so I'm looking forward to it.

Folks on Android Central were reporting that when they asked Google they were being told "in the coming weeks" they would get the update for N5.

Thought Google changed course on that and was saying everyone would get it on 11/3?

Google said it would be released on the 3rd, but that doesn't necessarily mean all devices. The Nexus 9 has launched with L so I guess that means the rollout has started. Of course that doesn't help us! ????