Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

FINALLY!!

So since I'm rooted and have the other bands enabled, should I revert to stock and disable the bands before the update? Or should it not matter?

I'm wondering about this too. This is the first phone I've rooted or done anything to. I wasn't planning on taking the OTA, and just side load the update through TWRP. Do I need to do anything special before flashing it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to see who gets their phone updated first. I may go back to full stock before I try anything on stock with a custom kernel, rooted, busy box and exposed.

Sent from Nexus 5

Whew!

Alright Adam G, if I go to bed tomorrow and I don't have the update, I'm holding you accountable! Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

FINALLY!!

So since I'm rooted and have the other bands enabled, should I revert to stock and disable the bands before the update? Or should it not matter?

I'm wondering about this too. This is the first phone I've rooted or done anything to. I wasn't planning on taking the OTA, and just side load the update through TWRP. Do I need to do anything special before flashing it?

Just use this guide. It should contain whatever scenario you have. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/info-nexus-5-ota-help-desk-t2523217

:tu:

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone actually get it yet. Am I blind and my Google searching capabilities failing me? Its nice to know that for once a customer service person from sprint had real legitimate info though :D.

• Like 1

Has anyone received an OTA notification? Stock users?

Haven't seen one anywhere yet. I am thinking it isn't exclusive to Sprint. That would be a first.

We will probably see it roll out to everybody soon. Today? Maybe.

The best place will be that XDA ota thread already linked above.

I have the XDA thread open, I was just wondering if anyone had spotted it somewhere else or gotten it already. I couldn't find any info for the update on the factory image page of Google, doesn't that mean it hasn't rolled out yet since Google is pushing the update?

I have this thread open and the XDA thread open. I bet we get confirmation by midday and the url by end of work day today. I'm guessing sprint posted first thing. Google may not have pushed anything and in fact, is two hours behind overland park

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/14/android-4-4-3-build-ktu48f-for-the-nexus-5-should-start-rolling-out-today-according-to-sprint/

What a day for an OTA – specifically, Android 4.4.3 for the Nexus 5. Sprint has updated its support page to indicate KTU48F is dropping today, which we understand to be the rumored 4.4.3 release. There is a Sprint-specific tweak in this update, but the software should also be hitting N5s that aren't connected to the Sprint network at the same time.

• Enable Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41
  • Misc Android updates

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/14/android-4-4-3-build-ktu48f-for-the-nexus-5-should-start-rolling-out-today-according-to-sprint/

What a day for an OTA – specifically, Android 4.4.3 for the Nexus 5. Sprint has updated its support page to indicate KTU48F is dropping today, which we understand to be the rumored 4.4.3 release. There is a Sprint-specific tweak in this update, but the software should also be hitting N5s that aren't connected to the Sprint network at the same time.

• Enable Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41
  • Misc Android updates

Topic Merged Into This Thread.

• Like 2

Begins today and will be completed in 14 days

So when does Google usually posts the official factory files? After 14 days or the same date it starts the OTA?