Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I haven't gotten the Spark update yet. <_<  But I am waiting patiently for it.

Of course, you are, Josh, of course...

AJ

• Like 4

I'm already working on my S4GRU Award acceptance speech.  

"Oh this is so unexpected!  I didn't think I'd win at all!"

*pulls out ten pages of prepared notes*

So, just so we decide ahead of time, are we still grabbing our pitchforks and going after Adam G if Sprint jumped the gun and no update materializes today?  C'mon folks, we need some good old fashioned mob mentality here.  :D

• Like 14

So, just so we decide ahead of time, are we still grabbing our pitchforks and going after Adam G if Sprint jumped the gun and no update materializes today?  C'mon folks, we need some good old fashioned mob mentality here.  :D

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• Like 1

Is there any chance that this is a small spark firmware update that Sprint pushes out which will be followed up by Google's push of 4.4.3 at a later date?

Is there any chance that this is a small spark firmware update that Sprint pushes out which will be followed up by Google's push of 4.4.3 at a later date?

No this is 4.4.3 as evidenced by the build number being the same as the one from earlier leaks. Sprint just put up the announcement early.

Also, sprint has no control over updates for the Nexus 5. Only Google can push updates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think it would be funny to see the Tmobile store sold units to be the first to get the update, or units currently on tmobile. Owell im in nk rush to see how the new update performs. Ill have the n5 back in May

The update will probably start to seed out tonight or early tomorrow unless someone posted the info on Sprint's version page really early.

Then we can queue up all the posts people saying they didn't get it yet and their location. ;)

Take it from Google themselves when they said it, if you want it early in the rollout, load it yourself. It's super simple on an open phone.

• Like 7

Two issues that just came to my attention over the weekend -

1) At the gym with bluetooth headphones, hopped off elliptical, walked to trashcan (15 feet away), walked back to elliptical+phone and the audio jumped 5 or 10db. It didn't soften walking to the trash can though.

2) When I set my phone on top of my wallet, occasionally I'll hear a strange tone. Is there an issue with the NFC chip coming too close to Paywave/Paypass credit cards or a metro rfid card?

If Nexus 5 customers are such a minority in the world of Sprint, as some have asserted, shouldn't this rollout go very quickly? Anyone receive an update?

Since the Nexus 5 itself is generic hardware, like what jeremyvbk above said, it's entirely possible that all the people that get it today are actually on T-Mobile. Sprint posted themselves that the rollout will start today and should reach 100% on the 21st, so whether that's quick or not is up to your interpretation.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/769011#769011

This update will be rolled out in batches from 4/14 - 4/21.

The update will probably start to seed out tonight or early tomorrow unless someone posted the info on Sprint's version page really early.

Then we can queue up all the posts people saying they didn't get it yet and their location. ;)

Take it from Google themselves when they said it, if you want it early in the rollout, load it yourself. It's super simple on an open phone.

Yup. I've already got my clean system image of KOT49H ready to be flashed, and I'm just waiting for someone to get the OTA .zip file on XDA or wherever it appears first.

Two issues that just came to my attention over the weekend -

1) At the gym with bluetooth headphones, hopped off elliptical, walked to trashcan (15 feet away), walked back to elliptical+phone and the audio jumped 5 or 10db. It didn't soften walking to the trash can though.

2) When I set my phone on top of my wallet, occasionally I'll hear a strange tone. Is there an issue with the NFC chip coming too close to Paywave/Paypass credit cards or a metro rfid card?

I don't see how your phone recognizing the NFC chip in the cards is an issue, that just means the NFC in your phone is working. 

I'd say "I'll post the firmware image up as soon as I get it" but my phone is rooted, so that probably won't happen.

But if someone finds a link, I'll put the file up for direct download.

Looking forward to this, because there are a few B41 towers in the area that I'd love to reliably latch onto (right now despite the band priorirty change my phone doesn't wanna do that).

Just a reminder on how OTA updates get rolled out...

Rollouts are conducted in phases. Typically they start at 1% of devices for around 24 - 48 hours; we watch the return rates and resulting device checkins and error reports (if any), and make sure nothing looks wrong before sending it to more. Then typically it goes to 25%, 50%, 100% over the course of a week or two.

What the percentages mean is that when your device checks in, it has a 1% chance (for example) of being offered the OTA. If it doesn't (randomly) get an offer, it will never get an offer until the next batch.

IOW, once your device checks in and gets turned down, that's it until the next batch. Mashing on the "check for updates" button just causes your device to check in again, and get automatically turned down again. Think about how that makes your device feel! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE PHONES?!

That said, once the new batch does start, hitting that button does give you a new roll of the dice -- but once. Since devices usually only check in for system updates every 24 hours (I think? Certainly on a many-hours basis) this can get you your shot sooner than it would happen on its own.

So, mash away. :) Just be patient, and mashing on it more often than once or twice a day isn't going to gain you anything.

Edit: also, keep in mind that this isn't first-come/first-served. You're not racing other devices to get your slot in the current batch, or something.

• Like 3