Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Im talking stock vs stock not modified nexus vs unmodifed G2. In that respect the nexus will not win. No Spark update. Smaller battery, ok camera.

Debatable but RF performance is a huge one, even on stock my n5 had upwards of 10dbm increase in signaI . I do like the screen colors stock wise of the g2 more, but saying the nexus will not win is an opinion. Both have ups and downs. But i like both phones,  and both are winners in my book!

I guess LG is the real winner in all of this. I played with the nexus for one day and found battery life to be okay and stock android to be surprisingly boring. I do love the screen just like my G2 and I love the fact that I can switch carriers at anytime.

• Like 2

Honestly they both have ups and downs, both are great devices, but the G2 is only $499. I do miss my n5 RF wise and wireless charging wise. The g2 is more prone to breaks when dropped. And easier to drop in my opinion. Im keeping both phones, and will switch between the two.

Huh its listed as $699 for full retail(what I was going off of) on Amazon. That was my point though, there's at least 20 options when you walk into a store (not including older models of phones) and phones are kind of at the limits of what we need hardware wise. Its purely personal preference that causes someone to chose a phone now days, because they're all essentially identical hardware wise and just have different software features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tweeted Sprintcare asking about the Nexus 5 Spark update. Here is the (lame) response:

Thanks for the question. We are still working LG to get a fix for our customers. *SJL

Sounds like LG is the hold up? Maybe it's not a high priority for LG?

I tweeted Sprintcare asking about the Nexus 5 Spark update. Here is the (lame) response:

Thanks for the question. We are still working LG to get a fix for our customers. *SJL

Sounds like LG is the hold up? Maybe it's not a high priority for LG?

Or maybe the glorified CS Reps that man the twitter account have no idea what they are talking about ????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In theory, spark update goes from LG>sprint>Google (assumed collab in between)

Right? It is possible Google isn't even sitting on it yet...

I guess its possible. In my head though I'd assume once lg was able to get the G2 update out the n5 one would've been soon after (due to the n5 being based off the G2). So I'd think Google has it and the issue is with the radios and not screwing up other carrier support.

I guess its possible. In my head though I'd assume once lg was able to get the G2 update out the n5 one would've been soon after (due to the n5 being based off the G2). So I'd think Google has it and the issue is with the radios and not screwing up other carrier support.

The g2 was likely an easier fix since it was sprint only. The nexus 5 has to work on all north american bands

• Like 1

The g2 was likely an easier fix since it was sprint only. The nexus 5 has to work on all north american bands

That's what I was trying to say, in response to the comment that it could be lg that's the hold up. Lg's portion of the update wouldn't be much different than it was for the G2. Google handles the parts where there'd be issues(from what I understand). If I'm missing something or not understanding please correct me.

That's what I was trying to say, in response to the comment that it could be lg that's the hold up. Lg's portion of the update wouldn't be much different than it was for the G2. Google handles the parts where there'd be issues(from what I understand). If I'm missing something or not understanding please correct me.

no its unlocked so lg has to have a modem that handles all carriers for the nexus 5 they can't just push out a sprint fix.

no its unlocked so lg has to have a modem that handles all carriers for the nexus 5 they can't just push out a sprint fix.

I thought Google handled the modem/baseband and lg just handled the hardware side of it?

this is correct.

So would I be correct in thinking the things lg had to go for the g2 update would be quite similar to the n5's? So the hold up would have to be on Google's end at this point?

So would I be correct in thinking the things lg had to go for the g2 update would be quite similar to the n5's? So the hold up would have to be on Google's end at this point?

For the G2 update, Either LG or Sprint (whoever actually deals with the modem, my money's on sprint) had to get the modem to work with sprint's network.  for the N5, Google (Since neither sprint or LG have any direct software input) has to get the modem to work for sprint, while still allowing it to work with all other carriers.  That, along with the reasoning of a post a while back talking about google's priority (essentially sprint users are not a high one) means it's not ready yet.  I'm sure if it was a feature every nexus user could use, it would be done by now.

For the G2 update, Either LG or Sprint (whoever actually deals with the modem, my money's on sprint) had to get the modem to work with sprint's network. for the N5, Google (Since neither sprint or LG have any direct software input) has to get the modem to work for sprint, while still allowing it to work with all other carriers. That, along with the reasoning of a post a while back talking about google's priority (essentially sprint users are not a high one) means it's not ready yet. I'm sure if it was a feature every nexus user could use, it would be done by now.

Alrighty I think I've got everything straightened out in my head. I personally believe our update has been done for awhile and Google just decided to wait to push it out until they can squash some of the bugs too.

Alrighty I think I've got everything straightened out in my head. I personally believe our update has been done for awhile and Google just decided to wait to push it out until they can squash some of the bugs too.

hopefully. we'll see pretty soon

Is any only else getting data connection dropping out. Comes back in seconds

Yup, I have been for awhile but I didn't know it was exactly that. It usually comes to my attention when I get the text sent noise from textra but it doesn't actually send. I just toggle airplane mode for a second.

I'm curious if you guys are having the same issues I have been having. I found that having B26 enabled was my issue. Try disabling B26 if it isn't available in your market (especially you kojitsari since you are in the same market as me). I haven't had the issue since on my G2.

I'm curious if you guys are having the same issues I have been having. I found that having B26 enabled was my issue. Try disabling B26 if it isn't available in your market (especially you kojitsari since you are in the same market as me). I haven't had the issue since on my G2.

I have my phone set to cdma/auto due to LTE not being fully available at my hone yet, it saves my battery a lot. So I wouldn't think having the extra hands enabled would really matter, I'll try it today and see what happens though