Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Everyone needs to chill and stop worrying about the spark update. We already know it is coming. Furthermore, Google knows what they are doing and they do talk to Sprint because otherwise there would be no sprint nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SIR YES SIR

• Like 1

Does anyone see the Spark update in this list?

Could it be the Internet telephony fix? If not I don't see it here. Doesn't mean I didn't miss it. Thoughts?

http://androidandme.com/2014/03/news/list-of-android-4-4-3-improvements-leaks-out/

List of Android 4.4.3 improvements leaks out:

Frequent data connection dropout fix

mm-qcamera-daemon crash and optimization fixes

Camera focus in regular and HDR modes fixes

Power Manager display wakelock fix

Multiple Bluetooth fixes

Fix for a random reboot

App shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update

USB debugging security fix

App shortcuts security fix

Wi-Fi auto-connect fix

Other camera fixes

MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts, DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes

Stuck in activation screen fix

Missed call LED fix

Subtitle fixes

Data usage graph fix

Internet telephony fix

FCC compliance fix

Miscellaneous fixes

Maybe it's part of the misc fixes? Idk but it not specifically listed kinda messes with my head.

why on earth, did the nexus 5 ship with bands 41 & 26 **dis-abled**!!?

this has been bugging me in the background for the longest, the revamped galaxy s 4 came un-neutered, why couldn't this phone have been shipped the same way?

Edited by COZisBack
Merged topic

this has been bugging me in the background for the longest, the revamped galaxy s 4 came un-neutered, why couldn't this phone have been shipped the same way?

A new thread was not needed for this. There is already a thread on the nexus 5.

• Like 2

i had no idea.. didn't ( & don't still) see it

apologies..

Edited by j'vai

apologies..

You just got merged into it. So when you read this you've already found it:P.

• Like 3

apologies..

Moved discussion to appropriate thread.

• Like 2

Do you guys think the Spark update is being held back until Google can release Android 4.4.3?

Yup, I do at least. We discussed this a few pages back I believe.

Do you guys think the Spark update is being held back until Google can release Android 4.4.3?

I think its being held back because Spark and Band 41 have only been deployed in some markets. They probably didn't see the need to enable both bands if only a small number could access those bands.

I think its being held back because Spark and Band 41 have only been deployed in some markets. They probably didn't see the need to enable both bands if only a small number could access those bands.

It could be but I don't really buy that theory.  If that was the reasoning, then there will still not be any Spark devices released yet.  Sprint back in Nov 2013 thought that it was good enough to start releasing Spark devices with all 3 bands enabled.  Actually since Nov 2013, Sprint has made some nice progress on B41 LTE deployment so it should be in decent shape now.  Obviously Sprint has a long long way to go in terms of its vision of deploying B41 LTE nationwide but in large markets it should be alright.

it is ironic that one of the reasons to buy a nexus 5 was to ostensibly get quicker/more regular updates straight from google, and while I don't have any major problems other than lack of proper spark support, it is getting pretty frustrating that the nexus has been so slow in getting this issue updated..

• Like 1

it is ironic that one of the reasons to buy a nexus 5 was to ostensibly get quicker/more regular updates straight from google, and while I don't have any major problems other than lack of proper spark support, it is getting pretty frustrating that the nexus has been so slow in getting this issue updated..

Yeah exactly! Irecently bought a g2 at a very good price, and the kit kat update is already rolling out. But the next android upgrade willtake a bit i think, as it seems to be giving google some issues.

why on earth, did the nexus 5 ship with bands 41 & 26 **dis-abled**!!?

that's why i wanted to bring this to the forefront w/o it getting buried..

because it is an issue.. two devices on sprint are current triband enabled

one (the galaxy s4) came shipped enabled

the lg g2, recieved it's s/w update

with work the nexus 5 on ting, gets triband love -

http://c2med.blogspot.com/2013/11/Google-Nexus-5-on-Ting.html

as for the no calls coming in, or the phone app freezing on incoming calls while on lte, it's as simple as switching from *home only* to *automatic* to  in *system select* under *mobile network setting*

Edited by j'vai

http://c2med.blogspot.com/2013/11/Google-Nexus-5-on-Ting.html

as for the no calls coming in, or the phone app freezing on incoming calls while on lte, it's as simple as switching from *home only* to *automatic* to in *system select* under *mobile network setting*

Its not going to get buried, its been brought back up a couple times. You're link tells people how to manually enable b41 and b26, no different than all of us on sprint have already done. Their n5's don't officially support spark or work flawlessly with it, no n5 will until Google pushes out 4.4.3(or whatever it is). It doesn't magically change because they're on a different carrier, you'd have to be astoundingly naive to believe that. I'm sure were all equally irritated that its taking so long, but hey if we don't like it we can get different phones. Personally in not giving up my 5-8dbm rf performance lead for a few less weeks of waiting.

• Like 1

^ So true. That ability to get updates faster was basically the only thing going for the Nexus line in my opinion. 

^ So true. That ability to get updates faster was basically the only thing going for the Nexus line in my opinion.

You mean other than it being one of the best built plastic type phones, best rf performer, and half the cost or even less than most phones with similar specs? :P

• Like 2

that's why i wanted to bring this to the forefront w/o it getting buried..

because it is an issue.. two devices on sprint are current triband enabled

one (the galaxy s4) came shipped enabled

the lg g2, recieved it's s/w update

To be accurate, there are more than 2 tri-band devices out there that are active. GS4T, GS4 Mini, Galaxy Mega, HTC One max, LG Flex, LG G2, HTC One M8...

Why is the N5 not Spark enabled? When it was released, they did not have everything tuned properly for Spark. No devices were being released with Spark enabled at that point. Even the One max and Galaxy Mega were not Spark enabled until launch day for them, as they received an OTA that day.

The LG G2 got it's Spark update a little later on. I'm sure they've gotten things worked out for the N5, however, because it's a universal (almost) device, Sprint can't push a Sprint only update. Sprint has to wait for Google to push the update. If you want to yell at anyone, yell at Google. But it's a big job to make sure the update doesn't break anything for the other carriers. Not only does it have to play nice with Spark, but it also has to play nice with AT&T and T-Mobile. 

• Like 7

Indeed, which is why it's only today the G2 is getting 4.4, as opposed to the Nexus 5 which had it out of the box...

• Like 1

People tend to forget that the N5 still has the newest version of android, and it will continue to have the newest version going forward. When we do get 4.4.3, everyone else will be playing catch up once again..

You mean other than it being one of the best built plastic type phones, best rf performer, and half the cost or even less than most phones with similar specs? :P

touche, but umm I did say in my opinion.  :P Besides, it doesn't have an sd card. Not everything can be in the cloud or have access to a signal to download.  Plus in my opinion, the majority of folks that seek such a device that want the latest update or faster update are us geeks that most likely will root and Rom their device. The regular joe smoe out in the street wouldn't know or care so long as it works out the box. But that can be debated at length (and probably for another topic). I'm just agreeing with the comment of the nexus not getting an update yet for the issue at hand.

TS

touche, but umm I did say in my opinion. :P Besides, it doesn't have an sd card. Not everything can be in the cloud or have access to a signal to download. Plus in my opinion, the majority of folks that seek such a device that want the latest update or faster update are us geeks that most likely will root and Rom their device. The regular joe smoe out in the street wouldn't know or care so long as it works out the box. But that can be debated at length (and probably for another topic). I'm just agreeing with the comment of the nexus not getting an update yet for the issue at hand.

TS

Hehe I know, I just had to point out some other positives. People are starting to bring this up a little too much, its getting a tad annoying IMO. It'll update when it updates, better a quality update than a crap one that introduces even more bugs but adds spark. Personally I prefer USB otg to the SD card, its easier to transfer between my phone and PC that way.

I wouldn't complain if we ended up getting lollipop in a week or two for our troubles instead of 4.4.3... :P