Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

This thing is crushing my htc one according to signal check numbers 

What color did you get? I ask because apparently there are some very slight differences between the black and white, and im wondering if there's a difference in reception between the two. 

White Black differences... -    

Highly disappointed that I don't have any shipping information or update from Sprint yet for mine.

Anyone have an update on a Sprint order yet?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Just the email that stated my order is pending and that they were doing their best to get the device delivered "around Nov 8".  Hopefully will start seeing something happen tomorrow or Wed.  

The processing of your recent Sprint order is pending for one of two reasons:

• All or a portion of your ordered items are on backorder. • The items you pre-ordered have not arrived in our warehouse.

Please note - pre-

order news:

• LG G2 is expected to deliver around November 8. • Google Nexus 5 is expected to deliver around November 8.

Highly disappointed that I don't have any shipping information or update from Sprint yet for mine.

Not yet. Still waiting for an update on my order through Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Curious to see it up against the S3, S4, or Note2 if you have one to compare or know someone with one.  The HTC One I toyed wasn't that great compared to them, kinda like the EVO LTE but not as bad.

I have an S4 not currently active. It beat the HTC ONE all day every day. By how much tho I dont remember

Is yours displaying the 1x stats? Cause for whatever reason its only showing LTE. BTW yes...KILLING my HTC One.

when not connected to LTE I get 1x and eHRPD info, when connected to LTE I only get LTE. When I had the LG G2 for a few days it was the same way...

Did anyone post up the engineering screen shots yet? LTE, EVDO, 1X, etc..the typical.  Can you force it to EVDO or 1X only without rebooting?  You'd probably have to know your MSL though.

Anyone know how to access engineering menus?

I also ordered 2 from Sprint. One of my orders lists the device on order as "LGD82016KT - LG D820 16GB LTE DEVICE." The other is "LGD82016K1 - LG D820 16GB XCVR SGL." A Sprint order support person said they're the same, but it's still a bit disconcerting.

Anyway, it's not looking so great for delivery by Friday. The LG G2 people at least have a status of in warehouse

Yeah, same with me. Nothing but the order confirmation.

Though I received a SMS from Sprint today to verify a discount I receive on my monthly bill. So something is going on. Have my fingers crossed that by Wednesday it'll be processed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Did anyone post up the engineering screen shots yet? LTE, EVDO, 1X, etc..the typical.  Can you force it to EVDO or 1X only without rebooting?  You'd probably have to know your MSL though.

I know my msl, but after what i went through with the LG G2 LTE after enabling all LTE bands I will not be messing with this device

I also ordered 2 from Sprint. One of my orders lists the device on order as "LG D820 16GB LTE DEVICE." The other is "LG D820 16GB XCVR SGL." A Sprint order support person said they're the same, but it's still a bit disconcerting.

Anyway, it's not looking so great for delivery by Friday. The LG G2 people at least have a status of in warehouse

Well I ordered a 32 gb from Google, and then had decided to refuse shipment and get a refund, and just wait for the sprint order. But now my Google order is showing delivery tomorrow night, and I'm debating about keeping it, but trying to just have patience.

And sprint comes clean:

I'd imagine that a lower level manager somewhere at Sprint has decided that this is the response that makes people go away for now.  Google & LG certainly won't be thrilled to have manufactured a device with additional hardware/software support for one carrier at significant cost that they can't sell because the carrier needs to change one line in their database.

My order of two SIM cards, which was placed on Friday, also hasn't been updated, but I called employee care and they said they're set to arrive Thursday Nov 7. She said they'll ship tomorrow, which makes sense, being that I'm two days away via UPS ground.

Mine was to be delivered today but UPS delivers while I'm teaching so I called to have it held for pickup. Turns out I had to drive all the way to Homestead! UPS doesn't have a facility in Miami?

Anyways, this thing is a beauty. Both the hardware and Android 4.4

Jesus that's far. And yeah there's one up in Doral! I've never had a package come from homestead.

Good luck with your new toy :)

-Luis

Has anyone been able to use the regular customer service chat today? I havent had the option all day.

I used it for a few minutes. I seem to find it pop up when I wander over to the "shop" pages or the "change plan" pages. Wouldn't doubt if they have a trigger for it based on where you're at on the site.

• Like 1

Yep been setting mine up this evening trying to shut off stuff to save battery such as NFC.  I got the bootloader unlocked, twrp installed, and rooted.  I tried the USB tethering/wifi hotspot but didn't have much luck...no idea if I am missing drivers or not.  Wifi would connect but couldn't get the device to go to any sites.  Anyone else try the hotspot?

The nexus 5 wasnt exactly a closely guarded secret.

At worst, the memos and training should have gone out the second Google started their conference, not the next week. There are still reps insisting you cant use the phone on Sprint, there are no sim cards, etc etc.

I can tell you, for a fact, the internal memo for Sprint Management (in Corp stores) went out about an hour after the release date was plastered everywhere the morning of Halloween.

The distribution of said materials/training is obviously up to the stores BUT everything they have speaks to the 8th being launch day. It also talks about the Play Store devices and supporting hardware being sent. Stores didn't even get Advocate devices yet, this WAS closely guarded. Not to mention, this is a MUCH different type of device and launch with options that are foreign to many veteran Sprint employees.

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

A leaked copy of that memo that customers could print out and take to the stores with them would be golden right now. Not to be a jerk with but simply to help inform the front line staff so that they might be able to help us once they read it.