Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I've never seen a tower issue like that. How long have you been having problems?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Since I received the phone. As soon as I leave the local area it works fine. It's a shentel tower that just isn't right. I went to the next county, a Sprint corporate market, to the closest corporate store and it works flawlessly, perfectly. There it jumps back and forth instantly from LTE to 3g and back.

But here there are all sorts of delays and it gets hung up... missed calls, can't dial out... major network issues trying to switch. It will sit happily on LTE and never ring. Complained at 2 Sprint stores, online chat... no resolution yet. Just hoping that the b26/b41 updates will provide a fix.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The release on the 23rd was a mysterious source rumor, and the retraction is a rumor. There's still no concrete evidence about the update. All we have are the hopes and dreams of s4gru members. Well that, and the countless "click bait" articles that show up every few hours.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Releasing on the Friday of a 3 day weekend did seem odd.

Sent from Nexus 5

• Like 1

The release on the 23rd was a mysterious source rumor, and the retraction is a rumor. There's still no concrete evidence about the update. All we have are the hopes and dreams of s4gru members. Well that, and the countless "click bait" articles that show up every few hours.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The release will not be this week. Or next.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The release will not be this week. Or next.

Sent from my Nexus 5

:cry: But...but...  I want it now!  :lol:

Honestly, I don't mind the wait.  There isn't any B41 around here, and since I was able to get B26 working with the .15 radio I don't have any complaints.  I am a little bit scared that the RF performance might not be as good with the update since they went a little backwards with the .23 radio. 

It's soon. But not this week or next. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I appreciate the honesty.  As much have mentioned, this site is a double edged sword.  We stay ahead of the curve and therefore we find out information before others.  Sometimes it is for the best, sometimes it is for the worst.  Have we confirmed that it wasn't due to Sprint Spark?  I believe it was mentioned that the radios were not the issue.

Thanks again.

No Band 41 here either. Or Band 26. Or even Band 25! :P

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Sent from my Nexus 5

How do you know? Man..that sucks though. When you say "soon," how is "soon being defined? Lol...inquiring minds want, nay NEED, to know!

P.s..that lone straggling tower next to my complex is ironically clearly now 4G complete as of yesterday, apparently. After a full year it's now blasting b25 right at my back door giving me a constant LTE connection with a very healthy -81 dBm signal level. #prayersanswered

• Like 2

Sent from my Nexus 5

Heh, you and I have different definitions of soon then.

Unless Google doesn't have a larger upgrade essentially ready to go for I/O, it's going to be strange having 4.4.3 and then whatever the next version is closely together, given the gap between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3.

As much as I love Android, the outstanding issues with the LG Nexus 5 have me seriously questioning my loyalty. Why is it taking so long to release a maintenance release for problems dating back to November?

I'm beginning to think these "Android Silver" rumors are true and Google is already beginning to abandon the Nexus program.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Someone is to blame for the Nexus being so badly delayed, and it's a carrier that uses the D820. I know who to blame. It's AT&T! I bet they are trying to officially support the Nexus 5.

(Pure speculation. I'm just wanting to blame AT&T for everything)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Someone is to blame for the Nexus being so badly delayed, and it's a carrier that uses the D820. I know who to blame. It's AT&T! I bet they are trying to officially support the Nexus 5.

(Pure speculation. I'm just wanting to blame AT&T for everything)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

It works fine on the latest radio, I watch it go between band 4 and 17 with no issues. No texting or calling issues even on newly launched sites and/or bands. Must be them on that new test radio right? ;)

All in all, Google hasn't said anything about the delay or release so anything else is consider a rumor to me.

Not to pat my own back, but I posited that they may have needed to go back to square one with LTE/radio configs.

I hope this doesn't jeopardize future multi carrier phones.

Not to pat my own back, but I posited that they may have needed to go back to square one with LTE/radio configs.

I hope this doesn't jeopardize future multi carrier phones.

Don't break your arm and it could be anything else.  We just don't know.

I appreciate the honesty. As much have mentioned, this site is a double edged sword. We stay ahead of the curve and therefore we find out information before others. Sometimes it is for the best, sometimes it is for the worst. Have we confirmed that it wasn't due to Sprint Spark? I believe it was mentioned that the radios were not the issue.

Thanks again.

There have been issues with multiple carriers, including Sprint.

If the information is correct (I trust it) and there aren't any more setbacks, we may be looking at something around 14 days.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 7

How do you know? Man..that sucks though. When you say "soon," how is "soon being defined? Lol...inquiring minds want, nay NEED, to know!

P.s..that lone straggling tower next to my complex is ironically clearly now 4G complete as of yesterday, apparently. After a full year it's now blasting b25 right at my back door giving me a constant LTE connection with a very healthy -81 dBm signal level. #prayersanswered

Good to hear!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Don't think so. That issue is only with root app. Google doesn't care about those as they don't support root apps anyway.

I find it hard to imagine they don't care at all about root.  There's a huge community around rooting, and while they might not support it directly, they would likely lose a lot of support and take a big hit in negative publicity from the tech websites.  Wouldn't be a good idea for them to all of the sudden prevent root.