Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Hmm.... no calls come through if my Airave is on. Turn it off and all works fine. Tries to switch from LTE to the airave when a call is coming in, but takes to long and caller goes to voice mail. Guess it time to return it. The tower was upgraded by me and signal is good anyways without it.

On another note. Anyone have problems when losing LTE and going to 3g. It connects and disconnects nonstop sometimes. Have to reboot the phone to get it to work. It will show connected in signal check for about 5 sec then drop then reconnect then drop. this is only when falling back to 3g.

After I unchecked it,reboot.

Remember, those are percentages since rebooting -- so if your phone has only been on for 5 minutes, those stats are not a useful sample size. Also, not saying you did this, but often people freak out when they see something like "Screen" showing 80% -- it's not a problem. One must keep in mind that this screen displays the percentage of power consumed since last reboot.. if 80% of your battery life is because of the screen, that's normal. It only starts to be a concern when you see background processes like Google Services (or SignalCheck haha!) with high numbers.

-Mike

• Like 1

Hmm.... no calls come through if my Airave is on. Turn it off and all works fine. Tries to switch from LTE to the airave when a call is coming in, but takes to long and caller goes to voice mail. Guess it time to return it. The tower was upgraded by me and signal is good anyways without it.

I covered my theory here which was later confirmed:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5001-breaking-band-tri-band-lte-ecsfb-issues-thread/page-19?p=241913&do=findComment&comment=241913

• Like 2

Couldn't find the iHeart Radio app on the N5 along with all of the others that were automatically downloaded at activation.

Went looking for it on the Playstore and couldn't download because it's not compatible?

(sorry, forget the exact wording of the message and I'm at work where the phone isn't)

Is there any good reason why an app wouldn't work with the N5?  This is just a streaming app for radio stations, I normally listen to WWLS with it. 

Couldn't find the iHeart Radio app on the N5 along with all of the others that were automatically downloaded at activation.

Went looking for it on the Playstore and couldn't download because it's not compatible?

(sorry, forget the exact wording of the message and I'm at work where the phone isn't)

Is there any good reason why an app wouldn't work with the N5?  This is just a streaming app for radio stations, I normally listen to WWLS with it. 

A quick Google search shows it's not compatible with Android 4.4 yet.

-Mike

• Like 3

A quick Google search shows it's not compatible with Android 4.4 yet.

Mike, your snark is lacking -- especially for a New Englander.  You are supposed to post this:

http://lmgtfy.com

;)

AJ

• Like 4

OK Google only works when on the home screen with the display on.  It is not the same as the Moto X version where it will work whenever.  Are you having a problem when the home screen is on?

that's too bad really. it would be nice to have it listening at all times like the moto x, especially since kitkat seems to implicitly support the feature

in 5 hours the phone battery lost 17%. is that normal? I checked my email once and the time twice that's it.LTE was on all the time

multiple theories abound about bugs with google play services, but most of them were resolved within a week.  I am under the impression that play services will eat up a significant portion of the battery in the first few days of device use while it synchronizes all of your account settings on the device.

iheartradio app works on my nexus 5.

the last.fm app is not working for streaming, but they have are fixing it.

Iheartradio app should work on the Nexus 5 since it needs data connection.  Its just a streaming radio application.  Were there rumors that the iheartradio app wasn't going to work on the Nexus 5?

call the Airave support team and have them refresh your phone number that isn't working.  i had to this with my N5 to get it working with the Airave.

Iheartradio app should work on the Nexus 5 since it needs data connection.  Its just a streaming radio application.  Were there rumors that the iheartradio app wasn't going to work on the Nexus 5?

10988105973_25d923dde3_d.jpg

What the heck?  Why are these online streaming radio apps not compatible on the N5?  It uses a data connection for gosh sakes.  Its not like its using a FM radio.

Oh Google!!!! Not everyone is going to use Google Play Music.

It's the app developers, they configured the app to not support those devices when they uploaded the version. It's not a conspiracy people. Drop the apk on your N5 and open it. Install and call it a day.

• Like 2

It's the app developers, they configured the app to not support those devices when they uploaded the version. It's not a conspiracy people. Drop the apk on your N5 and open it. Install and call it a day.

Problem being, you get no audio from most (all?) live radio stations.

Question for you guys. I know this isn't the right thread and you guys can move it when necessary. I have the nexus 5 so I've been following this thread a lot. so I haven't connected to nexus to my sprint line still using my moto x and just for the heck of. It went to my engineering screen and it shows me conected to band 26 (on my moto x). Am I missing something here, I thought band 26 was not available on the moto

Question for you guys. I know this isn't the right thread and you guys can move it when necessary. I have the nexus 5 so I've been following this thread a lot. so I haven't connected to nexus to my sprint line still using my moto x and just for the heck of. It went to my engineering screen and it shows me conected to band 26 (on my moto x). Am I missing something here, I thought band 26 was not available on the moto

screenshot please?

It's a bug. People posted screens before of it and the band 25 channel numbers give it away.