Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

That's not horrible...  Check your usage history and see what apps are draining your battery.  Theres talk of a Google Play Services bug causing problems in the LG G2 thread, but I am not sure if it affects the N5 as well. 

I had the Google Play Services issue yesterday. 73% of my battery usage by evening. Restarting seemed to fix it. Haven't seen it since. 

Mike, your snark is lacking -- especially for a New Englander.  You are supposed to post this:

http://lmgtfy.com

LMFAO.. ohhhhhhhh AJ if you only knew how many times I have had a link to that exact site all typed out and ready to go, on S4GRU and elsewhere.. I usually hold off and go back 20 minutes later to see if I really want to pull the trigger. I usually want to, but around here I'm more reserved than usual. If there was a lot more lawlessness on S4GRU, I'd show my true colors more often.

For the record, I will not confirm nor deny if I had such a post prepared in the reply you are referring to.  :D

To stay on-topic.. those of you who were previously debating the merits of putting your device in Global mode vs. LTE mode, I confirmed that it only changes the setting on the "Radio Info" screen from LTE/CDMA to LTE/GSM/CDMA. Any effect it is having on your LTE connection or band selection is a coincidence.

-Mike

• Like 7

I have to geek out! My black 32 finally shipped! Now I just gotta get a sim. Sprint hasn't shipped the sims that I ordered on the 5th also.

I ordered my SIM on the 5th too, and I checked my order status tonight.  Still no shipping.  The chat window poped up asking me if I wanted help, so I asked where is my shipment... Hmm, i show it was canceled on the 19th, but I cant see why.  They told me to call escalations to get more info on my status.  They canceled my SIM order with out telling me, apparently.

I ordered my SIM on the 5th too, and I checked my order status tonight.  Still no shipping.  The chat window poped up asking me if I wanted help, so I asked where is my shipment... Hmm, i show it was canceled on the 19th, but I cant see why.  They told me to call escalations to get more info on my status.  They canceled my SIM order with out telling me, apparently.

Yea I am pretty irritated with the situation. I used to work for Sprint Corporate and was transferred twice so I just hit up a few old co-workers to track one down. I am willing to put money they canceled mine as well.

So after playing around with it for a day, I'm definitely loving this phone. I also have my MSL, but I didn't mess with the LTE settings yet. Where I live and work, I hardly get even B25, but come next week, when I'm in my parent's house for Thanksgiving in LA, I'll definitely try to get some B41 goodness. Since I'm a premier sponsor, I know that there is a B41 tower active really close to my parent's house, so we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

in 5 hours the phone battery lost 17%. is that normal? I checked my email once and the time twice that's it.LTE was on all the timeOne thing to try 

One thing to try is Qualcomm's battery guru app also.  I have it on my phone and went 19 hours.  The phone had about 5% charge when I plugged it back in.  There was a mixture of gaming/phone and many emails.  I would consider it a moderate day of usage so I was pretty impressed.  

One thing to try is Qualcomm's battery guru app also.  I have it on my phone and went 19 hours.  The phone had about 5% charge when I plugged it back in.  There was a mixture of gaming/phone and many emails.  I would consider it a moderate day of usage so I was pretty impressed.  

I've had the opposite experience with that app. For some reason it drained my battery much faster than without it.

-Luis

I had the Google Play Services issue yesterday. 73% of my battery usage by evening. Restarting seemed to fix it. Haven't seen it since.

I think you are right . restarting and I also disabled "scanning always available " under WiFi advanced too care of the issue

post-9904-138513427247_thumb.jpg

To stay on-topic.. those of you who were previously debating the merits of putting your device in Global mode vs. LTE mode, I confirmed that it only changes the setting on the "Radio Info" screen from LTE/CDMA to LTE/GSM/CDMA.

Good.  It is always nice to see that the toggles in the general settings are connected to and just user friendly overlays for the hidden menu settings that we network nerds like to grok and tweak.

AJ

• Like 2

Would be nice if they dropped it though... Just saying

-Luis

You have to wait until Oct clearance next year .like they did with the N4 ($199 for the 16GB and $250 for the 32GB)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Would be nice if they dropped it though... Just saying

You want it dropped?  I bet you can find that phone for a better price.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Iheartradio app should work on the Nexus 5 since it needs data connection.  Its just a streaming radio application.  Were there rumors that the iheartradio app wasn't going to work on the Nexus 5?

10988105973_25d923dde3_d.jpg

it installed and works for me.

not sure why its showing incompatible.

wierd I just went to play store and sure as sheet, it shows a x mark not compatible with my nexus 5/nexus 7 devices, but compatible with note2 and evo 3d.

I assume I had installed it already and then they upgraded it which is blocking new installs.

I've had the opposite experience with that app. For some reason it drained my battery much faster than without it.

-Luis

I've never tried this specific app myself, but my experience with power management apps and task killers is that it might be good for casual users who don't know their way around Android apps' sync settings, but I tend to get better results messing with the sync settings myself. As I've said before, while auto syncing is nice in the form of Google Now and Google+, those two specifically are huge battery drainers. Turning just those two apps off has allowed me to make any Android phone last all day, assuming there's no other app that adds long times of partial wakelocks.

Yea I am pretty irritated with the situation. I used to work for Sprint Corporate and was transferred twice so I just hit up a few old co-workers to track one down. I am willing to put money they canceled mine as well.

There must be a reason.  I believe I ordered mine the 12th through international chat, and I received mine a couple days ago.

Unfortunately, my nexus doesn't ship till the 11th (I also ordered the 11th so a month's wait makes sense).  I live in Joliet, IL, so the wait's even worse since I'm pretty sure there are plenty of live band 41 towers active.

I think you are right . restarting and I also disabled "scanning always available " under WiFi advanced too care of the issue

Hmm... I must admit the battery life I'm experiencing is not real great.  With my Evo LTE I was able to make it the entire day (5pm) before needing to charge if I had to charge then.  With the N5, it's 3:30 and I'm at 14%.  When I'm working from home with Wifi on, I don't experience the battery problems near as much.  I know the service at work is having an impact, but I thought I would have the same if not real similar battery with this device.  Maybe it's Play Services?  My phone doesn't seem to want to sleep for any amount of time.  I also wonder if the merge of Hangouts into the SMS client is part of the problem.  I don't have reliable internet data (1X constantly) and wonder if that is part to blame.