LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

I think I've only read 2015.  And never a specific time in 2015.  So late 2015 doesn't seem out of line from what I;ve seen.  I think I do remember once reading that B41 CA capable devices may be out before 2015.  Maybe that's what you're thinking of in regards to late 2014?

Robert

One of Sprint's press releases this year said that they would be releasing CA capable devices later this year. I don't remember if they specified whether it would be a handset or a hotspot device. 

One of Sprint's press releases this year said that they would be releasing CA capable devices later this year. I don't remember if they specified whether it would be a handset or a hotspot device. 

CA on a handset is not that useful. On a hotspot would be better where you need to DL and UL huge files on laptops.

Edited by newyorker

Yes, that's it.  Sounds like we may have CA capable devices before we will have any CA deployed.

Robert

CA on a handset is not that useful. On a hotspot would be better where you need to DL and UL huge files on laptops.

I agree, though I'm sure we'll see CA on handsets eventually. I was just saying that I don't think Sprint specified which kind of device would be released first. 

With many users, couldn't they be on different channels, and if so, what would be the point of joining channels?

Would it get a user anything if more than a few people are using their cells on that tower?

On LTE in cities now I get 2Mbps in the daytime, which is fine by me.

My guess is that things like carrier aggregation could potentially be used to sell different teirs of speed. Most people will never need speeds on the high end of what will be possible, but some people will be willing to pay a premium price for faster speeds. I don't think that's in any near-term plans, but Sprint has brought up that sort of possibility in the past. It would be a great way to leverage all this new technology to create a differentiated service and grow revenue.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not like Sprint could rewrite entire technical standards. :/

Sprint is large enough to demand whatever they want. Even T-Mobile is large enough.

Okay then. Go design a svlte capable device that supports fdd-lte and TDD-LTE on one platform and report back. Oh and you must keep the device cost the same as that of other vendors and have battery performance and size limitations that are similar to the other models other entities order as yours is unique.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Screw the hard-on for slim phones. Put some damn batteries in them. 4kmah should be the minimum.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sprint is large enough to demand whatever they want. Even T-Mobile is large enough.

Screw the hard-on for slim phones. Put some damn batteries in them. 4kmah should be the minimum.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I agree, stop making the phones thinner, make one the same thickness with a better battery.

The Motorola Max on VZW is a nice product like this.

http://www.motorola.com/us/shop-all-mobile-phones-1/Droid-Maxx/m-droid-maxx.html

• Like 2

Quick question that has had me thinking for the past few days. I have a G2(has a zerolemon case on it now) and I know it's tri band. A few friends of mine have a, HTC one, Note 3, and a iPhone 5s. If we are all sitting in the same spot like at a fast food place, I'll have 1 or 2 bars of lte and they will have full bars. I noticed this more than once, they can get let signal were I'll be on 3g. My question is that since I have a spark phone, is it worth using in a non spark area or better to hold off and use a single band phone? Thanks, me and a friends(HTC one guy) have been talking about it for a few days.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Quick question that has had me thinking for the past few days. I have a G2(has a zerolemon case on it now) and I know it's tri band. A few friends of mine have a, HTC one, Note 3, and a iPhone 5s. If we are all sitting in the same spot like at a fast food place, I'll have 1 or 2 bars of lte and they will have full bars. I noticed this more than once, they can get let signal were I'll be on 3g. My question is that since I have a spark phone, is it worth using in a non spark area or better to hold off and use a single band phone? Thanks, me and a friends(HTC one guy) have been talking about it for a few days.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Since their devices don't require CSFB to connect to LTE and yours does, it is possible the closer site they are connected to currently does not have CSFB live at the moment. Additionally, bars don't mean much. You should check the actual dBm RSRP signal strengths. And lastly, I assume they are all Sprint devices.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

http://nsn.com/news-events/insight-newsletter/articles/sprint-and-nsn-pioneer-high-speed-tdd-lte

From this article its sounding like NSN markets will start deployment quarter 3 (July - september).

Are they essentially covering the Ericsson market?

Sounds like NSN is planning to do a basic beamforming, using 6 sectors per site instead of 3. If Sprint deployed six sectors of B41 per site, they would just kill it with consistent speed and capacity. Especially when CA is deployed.

• Like 6

Sounds like NSN is planning to do a basic beamforming, using 6 sectors per site instead of 3. If Sprint deployed six sectors of B41 per site, they would just kill it with consistent speed and capacity. Especially when CA is deployed.

I missed that the first time I read thru the link. Cool stuff.

It is important that everybody take the time to watch the video on the linked page.  We all tend to skip over stuff, but the video had loads of valuable info.

So NSN is covering the Ericsson market including Florida?

Yes.  That's how we understand it.  NSN is doing B41 LTE upgrades at NV sites in the Ericsson region.

Robert

• Like 6

Yes. That's how we understand it. NSN is doing B41 LTE upgrades at NV sites in the Ericsson region.

Robert

I hope the other suppliers are as technologically advanced. Nokia sure sounds like they have a really good platform to deploy.
  • Like 3

Guest DigiClaws

I hope the other suppliers are as technologically advanced. Nokia sure sounds like they have a really good platform to deploy.

I just hope they deploy faster and more efficiently than Ericsson. Is NSN deploying to both Sprint sites and Clear sites?

I just hope they deploy faster and more efficiently than Ericsson. Is NSN deploying to both Sprint sites and Clear sites?

As far as we know, just Sprint sites, but the whole getting rid of Huawei equipment can change that in a heartbeat. If that changes, that would be great.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

As far as we know, just Sprint sites, but the whole getting rid of Huawei equipment can change that in a heartbeat. If that changes, that would be great.

I cant wait to see NSN here in Tyler. But are they going to run dual band wimax(on some Wimax protection sites)/LTE gear and the new NSN gear , or just replace the Huawei gear with NSN gear?

I cant wait to see NSN here in Tyler. But are they going to run dual band wimax(on some Wimax protection sites)/LTE gear and the new NSN gear , or just replace the Huawei gear with NSN gear?

NSN only has TDD LTE equipment. It isn't designed to run on WiMax. Sorry. :(

As for replacing, over time all Huawei equipment will be replaced.

NSN only has TDD LTE equipment. It isn't designed to run on WiMax. Sorry. :(

As for replacing, over time all Huawei equipment will be replaced.

No I mean Huawei has Protection sites, would NSN just replace the Huawei gear during the rollout , or just run WIMAX/TDD-LTE on those sites until 2015? And install the NSN gear on sprint Sites

My friend and I both have Spark enabled devices (LG G2) and we both updated our phones.  We were comparing signal levels and he was able to pick up some 800 and I could not.  We compared our phones throughout the night in different places and I got no 800 love where he had it most of the time.  Is this a Spark (network) feature or is this a possible phone issue, or neither. 

When I took my phone in to test it they told me two things that made me think twice.  The first one was they had no equipment at the corporate store level that could test my antennas.  The second thing was, the Sprint rep told me that during their recent meeting they were told that 800 is going to be used exclusively for voice and there will be no data on 800.  Is that true? 

I doubt it unless your in IBEZ territory.

My friend and I both have Spark enabled devices (LG G2) and we both updated our phones. We were comparing signal levels and he was able to pick up some 800 and I could not. We compared our phones throughout the night in different places and I got no 800 love where he had it most of the time. Is this a Spark (network) feature or is this a possible phone issue, or neither.

When I took my phone in to test it they told me two things that made me think twice. The first one was they had no equipment at the corporate store level that could test my antennas. The second thing was, the Sprint rep told me that during their recent meeting they were told that 800 is going to be used exclusively for voice and there will be no data on 800. Is that true?

My friend and I both have Spark enabled devices (LG G2) and we both updated our phones.  We were comparing signal levels and he was able to pick up some 800 and I could not.  We compared our phones throughout the night in different places and I got no 800 love where he had it most of the time.  Is this a Spark (network) feature or is this a possible phone issue, or neither. 

When I took my phone in to test it they told me two things that made me think twice.  The first one was they had no equipment at the corporate store level that could test my antennas.  The second thing was, the Sprint rep told me that during their recent meeting they were told that 800 is going to be used exclusively for voice and there will be no data on 800.  Is that true?

Did you make sure you are on the same radio and prl. You should not be connected to 1x800 unless you can't connect to 1x1900.(they are the same priority but it won't scan until you lose signal) There is data on 800 1x800 is very slow <130 kbps and there is 800 LTE.