LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Most here are well aware of the thread, S4GRU article, and the issue. No need for you to point it out.  It's not that the phone's cannot maintain LTE connection, its a network upgrade issue (growing pain, if you will) that is being corrected at a relatively fast rate.  When the problem was first discovered, it was quite evident that Sprint was well aware, as the necessary upgrade rate increased in those markets at what appeared to be an exponential rate, and that continues in most cases. 

Hopefully Sprint will have ironed out the eCSFB issues by the time I'm eligible for an upgrade in October. I'm tired of waiting for Sprint to get its act together. Is there any way to map out the eCSFB (or band 26 or band 41, etc.) problem areas? S4GRU has maps for almost everything else.

As a consumer, I don't really care about Sprint's needs, only mine.

Perhaps I'm confusing SVLTE and eCSFB. But they seem interconnected.

Bottom line is: if I can't use my phone's LTE connection, then Sprint's "unlimited data" appeal is essentially worthless since their 3g data is even more crippled and hobbled than LTE. Sprint risks losing me as a customer. If it costs Sprint extra $$, let them eat the cost. They probably will anyhow to be competitive and prevent hemorrhaging customers.

This is either trolling or ignorance, I can't tell which.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Bottom line is: if I can't use my phone's LTE connection, then Sprint's "unlimited data" appeal is essentially worthless since their 3g data is even more crippled and hobbled than LTE. Sprint risks losing me as a customer. If it costs Sprint extra $$, let them eat the cost. They probably will anyhow to be competitive and prevent hemorrhaging customers.

You will need to consume another network then. Complaining about it here will not change anything. Sprint will not be adding back SVLTE until VoLTE. Period.

If you need that functionality, you will need another provider. It's just that simple.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 10

mypasysy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If sprint isn't meeting your needs go. This isn't going to change so leave.

• Like 3

What's the priority on the Lte band for a HTC M8? The reason I ask is because I have not picked up B41! On sprints coverage map it shows spark is available in my area which is LA county.

My Phone loves B25 which isn't bad at all but would like to see what spark speeds are like

What's the priority on the Lte band for a HTC M8? The reason I ask is because I have not picked up B41! On sprints coverage map it shows spark is available in my area which is LA county.

My Phone loves B25 which isn't bad at all but would like to see what spark speeds are like

My personal suggestion is become a Premier Sponsor if you can. They have all the Band 41 and Band 26 maps you'll need. Sprint's maps like to exaggerate like no other. For example, Sprint's maps show Irvine, CA covered in "Spark", however, I know thanks to the Premier Sponsor maps that that is not even close to the truth. Heck, we don't even have Band 25 covering major areas in Irvine.

In any case, I have personally seen band 41 on my Nexus 5 in my parents house near downtown LA and areas around that fit well with the Premier Sponsor maps. You may not be in an area that is really covered yet. Only the Premier Sponsor maps will show that.

• Like 1

It's the same for every Triband device...it's network controlled. Your device only can determine which Band to scan first. Once it authenticates with the network, it takes it from there. It will switch bands for you as it deems best.

You just may not have been in any Band 41 coverage yet.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's the theory. But there's an entire eCSFB thread about Triband phones not being able to maintain an LTE connection.

This should be a non-issue in our area. One of my brothers has had the LG G2 since December. I have yet to hear one complaint from him regarding LTE connectivity.

Any sites that are marked as NV 3G accepted on the NV Sites Complete map should be capable of utilizing eCSFB when LTE is accepted and fired up, as eCSFB only requires a software update. Sites marked as 3G/4G or 3G/800/4G already have eCSFB operating and should be good to go.

Personally, I want a triband phone right now, but am waiting on one that is Note sized. I decided to pass on the HTC One Max and LG G Flex, so we'll see what's next.

• Like 1

This should be a non-issue in our area. One of my brothers has had the LG G2 since December. I have yet to hear one complaint from him regarding LTE connectivity.

Any sites that are marked as NV 3G accepted on the NV Sites Complete map should be capable of utilizing eCSFB when LTE is accepted and fired up, as eCSFB only requires a software update. Sites marked as 3G/4G or 3G/800/4G already have eCSFB operating and should be good to go.

Personally, I want a triband phone right now, but am waiting on one that is Note sized. I decided to pass on the HTC One Max and LG G Flex, so we'll see what's next.

Does your brother live in the Portland area? What kinds of speeds is he getting?

Does your brother live in the Portland area? What kinds of speeds is he getting?

Yes, he and I both live in Beaverton. He is mainly concerned with having usable LTE, rather than what band he is on or how fast it is, so I don't think he does many speed tests. That may change once Band 41 goes live around here.

• Like 1

I really don't think the network is moving people to other bands like it's supposed to so I have my bands set up how I like. In DC now and I was barely holding on to a b26 signal but a quick radio cycle and I'm on b41 at -106dbm. Either sprint has to turn the network control on our optimize it.

Yes, he and I both live in Beaverton. He is mainly concerned with having usable LTE, rather than what band he is on or how fast it is, so I don't think he does many speed tests. That may change once Band 41 goes live around here.

Beaverton is only half setup with LTE. There's still some 3G spots- Murray and Millikan, Costco Aloha and the Cedar Mill area.

Question for the ones that have Tri-Band devices or any knowledge on the matter. If you have a Spark enabled device, does the top show a Spark LTE logo when connected to Band 25 if there is no B26 or B41 deployed in that market? Or does it just say 4G like non Tri-band devices? I was at Best Buy in York, PA yesterday and I was playing with the M8 and there was a Spark logo at the top.

Question for the ones that have Tri-Band devices or any knowledge on the matter. If you have a Spark enabled device, does the top show a Spark LTE logo when connected to Band 25 if there is no B26 or B41 deployed in that market? Or does it just say 4G like non Tri-band devices? I was at Best Buy in York, PA yesterday and I was playing with the M8 and there was a Spark logo at the top.

Tri-Band devices always show the Spark logo when connected to LTE.

• Like 1

Thank you very much sir. I didn't know if that was indicating that B26 or B41 was rolling out over here. There hasn't been much info on Shentel's progress on the rollout if they have even made any. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much sir. I didn't know if that was indicating that B26 or B41 was rolling out over here. There hasn't been much info on Shentel's progress on the rollout if they have even made any. 

Shentel is actually pretty far ahead in terms of LTE when compared to the rest of the country. They launched a secnod PCS carrier on some site and nearly all of their sites have LTE. There is a 99% chance that you'll see Band 41 or Band 26 by year end.

I really don't think the network is moving people to other bands like it's supposed to so I have my bands set up how I like. In DC now and I was barely holding on to a b26 signal but a quick radio cycle and I'm on b41 at -106dbm. Either sprint has to turn the network control on our optimize it.

Could be that hand ups isn't enabled properly yet. I've seen that happen in many places that have B41 online.

Could be that hand ups isn't enabled properly yet. I've seen that happen in many places that have B41 online.

Yeah, as a fellow tri-band user in DC (Logan Circle) - I can attest that the network in DC isn't fully ready yet. I tend to get stuck on a weak band 25 signal until I reset my wireless connection. I'm sure it will work itself out soon.

I just feel lucky that Clear was able to steamroll B41 through my area.

I spoke with a Shentel wireless technician not terribly long ago who said the equipment was starting to come in for the band 26 and 41 upgrades. My guess is they will start in the more populated areas first but it's hard to say. I would love to have band 26 here due to living in a rural area. Band 41 would just be a bonus. 

I believe you mean Spark enabled triband devices will show the Spark Logo. The nexus 5 does not and my g flex is sometimes hit or miss

I spoke with a Shentel wireless technician not terribly long ago who said the equipment was starting to come in for the band 26 and 41 upgrades. My guess is they will start in the more populated areas first but it's hard to say. I would love to have band 26 here due to living in a rural area. Band 41 would just be a bonus. 

That's great. I was expecting to have Band 26 sometime this year but due to Sprint's constant reminders that Spark will be available in the top 100 markets over the next THREE years, I wasn't expecting to see Band 41 around here anytime soon. If the tech proves to be correct, that will be awesome news for us Shentelians.

Beaverton is only half setup with LTE. There's still some 3G spots- Murray and Millikan, Costco Aloha and the Cedar Mill area.

I am well aware of this. However, your primary concern seemed to be regarding triband devices and LTE connectivity, which requires eCSFB. Since the areas you mentioned already have the NV 3G side of things accepted, I expect eCSFB to be launched when those sites are LTE accepted, if not before. If your primary concern is that our market is not yet 100% covered by LTE, then this is the wrong thread for such concern.

To keep us somewhat on topic, once B41 begins to go live, I do not foresee any connectivity issues, as our market is well covered by NV 3G. The only connectivity issue will be with our poor, outdated Note II's. :lol:

• Like 2