LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Definitely but i'm not sure if it's public yet. Only thing I can find about small cells are this :

So they do have 8x8 mimi equipment but I'm not sure if it's TDD-LTE compatible. The highest end TD-LTE vendors appears to be Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN), Alcatel-Lucent, Samsung, Huawei, ZTE, and then Ericsson. 

Wouldn't this be it?

http://www.ericsson.com/news/1589096

EDIT: found it: http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/ericsson-unveils-radio-dot-small-cell-enhance-indoor-coverage/2013-09-25

Will we need to pay a premium premium data charge?  Super duper premium charge?  Deluxe data charge?  for Spark?

Along these lines...Sprint is much better off if you are using LTE 2500 than any other band.  This is where they have the headroom to host many customers at once.

Ericsson's small cell TD-LTE solution might be one of the few areas they're behind. 

Good for Alcatel-Lucent, they need a lifeline and they're actually trying to reposition their business now. That's good. 

Ericsson's small cell TD-LTE solution might be one of the few areas they're behind. 

Good for Alcatel-Lucent, they need a lifeline and they're actually trying to reposition their business now. That's good. 

Why are they doing poorly? It's not like they haven't gotten any contracts. Or is it the phone division the one that's tanking?

Why are they doing poorly? It's not like they haven't gotten any contracts. Or is it the phone division the one that's tanking?

If I recall correctly it's a lot of the older divisions that don't pertain to mobile broadband, specifically a lot of the cruft brought from Lucent.

If I recall correctly it's a lot of the older divisions that don't pertain to mobile broadband, specifically a lot of the cruft brought from Lucent.

Gotcha. Hopefully they get things figured out, the network vendor market would get a little more uncompetitive if they disappeared.

Will we need to pay a premium premium data charge? Super duper premium charge? Deluxe data charge? for Spark?

You do know that the premium data charge went away with the new My Way plans. The premium data charge ia already baked in. Even with the Everything plus plans there shouldnt be any extra charge.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

For a smartphone, I agree, it's ludicrous.

For a dongle, however, it's doable and has already been done. NSN dongles are already running 8x8 MIMO for that test.

For MIMO to be effective you need spatial diversity. For spatial diversity you need at the minimum 3 wavelengths. At the 2.6GHz frequency, wavelength is .37 feet so 3 wavelengths is 1.11 feet. I just don't see how many of those you can fit into a tablet.

For MIMO to be effective you need spatial diversity. For spatial diversity you need at the minimum 3 wavelengths. At the 2.6GHz frequency, wavelength is .37 feet so 3 wavelengths is 1.11 feet. I just don't see how many of those you can fit into a tablet.

About two, give or take.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/acer-all-in-one/

That's why all of this dreaming of a Gbps in a mobile device is a pipe dream. You could conceivably do a CA of 3x20MHz channels for 180Mbps, but you better have that tablet plugged into an outlet since it's going to eat your battery for lunch and probably get real hot.

Don't know if this was answered but why is it going to take up to 3 years to deploy spark to the top 100 markets/cities?

Feel that's pretty long lol

I thought that was weird too. I thought backhaul was the long leg of the process and that Sprint would at least match the T-Mobile rollout speed and have all areas in less than a year. Some people in the forums say that Spark is different than Sprint enabling the 2500 frequency which is why Denver, which is covered in 2500, is not a Spark launch city.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So... Do we think that this may be a Spark tower?.... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...don't see any RRU's so if it's Sprint then it's not an NV upgraded tower.  So go ahead and shoot it down and when they fix it they'll put up the new equipment.   :D

• Like 6

I thought that was weird too. I thought backhaul was the long leg of the process and that Sprint would at least match the T-Mobile rollout speed and have all areas in less than a year. Some people in the forums say that Spark is different than Sprint enabling the 2500 frequency which is why Denver, which is covered in 2500, is not a Spark launch city.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Also, Sprint's NV backhaul needs to be upgraded to handle three 20MHz carriers. Even most of Tmo's network cannot handle that with their current backhaul. I have been on many Tmo LTE sites running 3-4Mbps with LOS to the panels right on the day the site went live (no load). Not all upgraded backhaul is equal.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2