LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Do not cream your pants. Handsets are not going to aggregate three 20 MHz TDD carriers with 8x8 MIMO to achieve 1 Gbps throughput. It will not be implemented because it is impractical, downright ludicrous.

AJ

You mean it would be ludicrous speed?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Do not cream your pants.  Handsets are not going to aggregate three 20 MHz TDD carriers with 8x8 MIMO to achieve 1 Gbps throughput.  It will not be implemented because it is impractical, downright ludicrous.

AJ

Hey now. Maybe not a normal-sized phone. Or even a Mega. But something as small as the iPad mini could probably fit 8x8 in there.

And if that's not big enough, then what is? A desktop modem? I wouldn't mind if Sprint brought Sprint Broadband Direct back, except 100x faster. Nor would the thousands of folks who just lost Millenicom service this morning.

• Like 1

As others have suggested, my guess is that Spark markets are distinct from just any old tri-band market. Spark markets not only have all three bands running, but they also are using equipment that's 8x8 + CA capable. My guess is that the stuff in Denver is 2x2 (vs. 4x4 for T-Mobile in some areas).

I may have mentioned this before, but I'm really happy that Sprint is using NSN, though it's a toss-up if I'll see them in my area because we've got plenty of WiMAX here. From my experience on T-Mobile (which uses NSN here) they've got some pretty aggressive error correction and a short latency path on their equipment, which means that latency is maybe 15ms more than on my home cable connection (with Sprint we're talking about another 20-30ms on top of that). That's powerful.

• Like 2

I think they're referring to the eye symbol next to the 4GLTE symbol.

That eye is just a Samsung feature called smart stay. Keeps screen on when you are looking at it. My s3 has it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That eye is just a Samsung feature called smart stay. Keeps screen on when you are looking at it. My s3 has it.

Oh, never mind then. I only had a moment to glance through the video. If that's the case, then yes the icon is just the regular new LTE icon.

Yeah I was hoping for something different. Maybe the video didn't show it.

Video didn't show it, but he said there would be a Spark icon when in range - go to 1:03.

they don't realize that sprint wasn't the one doing the wimax roll out. Sprint was using partner clear wire to deploy the wimax and they ran out of cash which is not the case with NV.

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

He loses me with the typo at end of paragraph 1.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am excited for this! I just do not see the need for all the bad comments on these websites like Engadget on this topic. My thinking is is you do not like you sprint service then leave. Sprints not keeping you there you can easily pay you ETF and be on your way. If you seriously do not like something most people don't see price. I think 50-60 mbps is awesome even though I wouldn't need all of that 10mbps serves my just fine. But I hope Ohio well Columbus is on that list to get Spark.

• Like 3

That's the same 4G LTE logo I have on my HTC One running Sense 5.5.  It's not a Spark logo.

The video states that there will be a different logo if the device is connected to the "Spark" network.

I am excited for this! I just do not see the need for all the bad comments on these websites like Engadget on this topic. My thinking is is you do not like you sprint service then leave. Sprints not keeping you there you can easily pay you ETF and be on your way. If you seriously do not like something most people don't see price. I think 50-60 mbps is awesome even though I wouldn't need all of that 10mbps serves my just fine. But I hope Ohio well Columbus is on that list to get Spark.

I thought the same thing when I saw the posts on Engadget, etc. The comments are filled with Sprint trolls who carry a chip on their shoulders from a million years ago, or are ex-customers who have nothing better to do with their lives.

• Like 7

You have to avoid reading those comments, or at least prepare yourself mentally for what you might read. Actually sometimes it can be comical, other times just sad. As I have summed it up before...

wnd_addd2693c837b063a473f5135ba3e67d.jpg

• Like 2

I thought the same thing when I saw the posts on Engadget, etc. The comments are filled with Sprint trolls who carry a chip on their shoulders from a million years ago, or are ex-customers who have nothing better to do with their lives.

^This,

I never really understood folks that have a need to go into a article, thread etc and bash the carrier when they are no longer with that carrier. 

• Like 4

Why did u make me read that? 2 minutes of my life that I can't have back now. It's easy to write an article turning everything positive into a negative. Real journalists would have researched both sides of the story before they start typing.

• Like 4