LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Now Sprint just needs to put some type of symbol next to their new 4g LTE logo to show that the user is connected to the spark network. Maybe a symbol similar to Walmarts next to the 4g LTE on the side?

http://blog.laptopmag.com/sprint-spark-hands-on-1-gbps

They will have a 4G symbol for spark. Watch the video

• Like 3

Sweet Sprint is going to be really disruptive. With these speeds and unlimited data. Sprint is going to shake things up in the wireless industry.

Yes sir! I wasn't expecting the magnitude of Triband (Spark).

"With aggregation, Sprint will be combining two 20 MHz channels for 40 MHz in total by the middle of next year. And by the end of 2015 things will get really interesting, with Sprint using a total of 60 MHz of spectrum (20 x 3). That’s when you’ll see up to 1 Gbps of throughput. And that’s exactly what Sprint demoed in its lab"

Forgot to say I'm glad all Triband devices coming out supports Sprint's Spark. Who knows if the iPhone will though

I'm pretty sure the word tri band and spark are one in the same.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, somebody last year came close but still spelled Spark wrong...

spank_logo_640.png

AJ

• Like 6

Yes sir! I wasn't expecting the magnitude of Triband (Spark).

"With aggregation, Sprint will be combining two 20 MHz channels for 40 MHz in total by the middle of next year. And by the end of 2015 things will get really interesting, with Sprint using a total of 60 MHz of spectrum (20 x 3). That’s when you’ll see up to 1 Gbps of throughput. And that’s exactly what Sprint demoed in its lab"

Do not cream your pants.  Handsets are not going to aggregate three 20 MHz TDD carriers with 8x8 MIMO to achieve 1 Gbps throughput.  It will not be implemented because it is impractical, downright ludicrous.

AJ

• Like 6

Do not cream your pants. Handsets are not going to aggregate three 20 MHz TDD carriers with 8x8 MIMO to achieve 1 Gbps throughput. It will not be implemented because it is impractical, downright ludicrous.

AJ

To late I already busted in my pants from all this excitement

So they only support 20MHZ from the first round triband devices?

No. 10-20 MHz TDD support.

AJ

See AJ's post just a couple up - and down.

Whoops Must have not seen that post. 

No. 10-20 MHz TDD support.

AJ

OK that is what my thinking was. Wouldn't 8x8 MiMo be better for say hotspots, or for cars that have built in hotspot functionality? 

Tablets might have 2x2 MIMO as well, but 8x8 is asking quite a bit of any sort of mobile device.  Hotspots only probably.  That's still pretty good though that it'll be enabled for those who have it.  

To late I already busted in my pants from all this excitement

Go to The Lounge and clean yourself up.

AJ

• Like 5

Tablets might have 2x2 MIMO as well, but 8x8 is asking quite a bit of any sort of mobile device.  Hotspots only probably.  That's still pretty good though that it'll be enabled for those who have it.  

Or maybe.....Home broadband connections...HMMMMM.....

I heard talk of AT&T Moving all their services wireless.....possibility....