LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I am a noles fan and your the first person to get that lol

Free Shoes University

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Well i mean 6 carriers. 3 on one rack and 3 on another right above that one. 2 base stations and all

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ok, there are 4 racks on the tower, so that means 4 providers with Sprint clearly being the one on the bottom rack (you can tell because there are 2 RRUs attached to each antenna, PCS & ESMR). The antennas above look newer too. Might be a modern TMUS setup or ATT? You said the top one is new?

Yes the top one is new. They put them there a few days ago. Im almost positive its At&t.

Ok, there are 4 racks on the tower, so that means 4 providers with Sprint clearly being the one on the bottom rack (you can tell because there are 2 RRUs attached to each antenna, PCS & ESMR). The antennas above look newer too. Might be a modern TMUS setup or ATT? You said the top one is new?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The cracking in the earpiece has got so bad for me that I have to either use speakerphone for every phone call, or use headset. There are random times when it sounds ok though. Hopefully they fix it for everyone.

I experienced the GPS issue today. Note GPS has performed fine for me, we took my niece to children's hospital on Sunday, and used GPS without a problem, all the way there and also leaving to come home...

But today I was headed to children's again to visit my niece (who needs everyone to keep her in their thoughts, she will be spending Christmas in PICU, they said she was in septic shock at first, but just narrowed it down to staph. We were afraid at first that we were going to lose this little 6 year old)

When I hit start navigation, it pulled up my general area, but as I was on 22st s, it couldn't tell me where to turn. I had to yank out my gs3 and get GPS up on it,

I finally did a data profile update on the G2 and GPS went back to normal working as it should.

Weird issue. Where i was when trying to use GPS, downtown Birmingham, it should have worked flawlessly.

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Got a few questions. I'm heading into the Manhattan today with my G2

1. Does the stock phone support Spark by default? Sprints Website says that it is coming soon via update.

(update: I went into ##3282# after getting my MSL and I went into LTE and enabled the other bands. it is all i needed to do or do i need to change the priority. Now band 25 is 1st, band 26 is 2nd and band 41 is 3rd. I know this can't be right but i've read changing this can screw up the phone)

2. If it doesn't what are the necessary steps to get it working?

3. This is probably best for a another thread but anyone know best place to test for spark?

Got a few questions. I'm heading into the Manhattan today with my G2

1. Does the stock phone support Spark by default? Sprints Website says that it is coming soon via update.

(update: I went into ##3282# after getting my MSL and I went into LTE and enabled the other bands. it is all i needed to do or do i need to change the priority )

3. This is probably best for a another thread but anyone know best place to test for spark?

See answers in bold

(update: I went into ##3282# after getting my MSL and I went into LTE and enabled the other bands. it is all i needed to do or do i need to change the priority )

Spark update is not yet available on the G2 yet.  Sprint has said that they Spark update will be available in "early 2014".  It doesn't matter if you enabled B26 and B41 LTE manually as the B26 and B41 LTE bands are unstable at this point.  There are only confirmed B41 LTE sites available and we have no confirmed B26 LTE sites in NYC at the moment.  Good luck.

After the Spark update, all 3 LTE bands will be enabled by default so there will be nothing you have to do and should be seamless.  Right now you can manually enable the 2 other LTE bands. but I will just warn you that the LTE signal is very unstable and it will be frustrating trying to get a B41 LTE signal.  If you are in a strong B25 LTE area, forget it, the G2 will not shift to the B26 and B41 LTE bands with the current ROM.

NO!!! Please do not create another thread just for Spark if its for the G2.  If it pertains to the G2, please keep your observations in this thread.  This thread should be the default source for testing LTE spark on the G2.  Any G2 Spark observations will help anyone regardless of location.  You are not officially Sprint Spark until we receive the update.  For now you can play with trying to enable the other LTE bands and doing some limited testing until the Sprint Spark update arrives.

Hi, I have been lurking here for a while as I am planning to get the g2 when my upgrade is available (next week!)

Is anyone using a holster like case besides the otterbox? I have always used a seidio holster with no case, but they are not making one yet. I am thinking about a case this time, but I would want something not too bulky.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi, I have been lurking here for a while as I am planning to get the g2 when my upgrade is available (next week!) Is anyone using a holster like case besides the otterbox? I have always used a seidio holster with no case, but they are not making one yet. I am thinking about a case this time, but I would want something not too bulky. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have a Ballistic Maxx case. It's pretty nice and isn't very bulky considering the level of protection that it offers. Just make sure to get the one for AT&T/Sprint/Tmobile and not the Verizon one.

• Like 1

I don't know what that last update did but since then my G2 will not scan for band 41 or 26 regardless of what priority i set it up for. My enginering screen confirms that it scans for band 25 and nothing else. Funny thing is it will scan for band 41 and 26 in 3g only and 1x areas even if the lte band 25 is -119dbm or higher.

So does anybody know if the g2's spark update will be soon after first of year?

I'm assuming late January imo.  

This page displays what version Sprint is testing internally prior to an OTA release.

Right now, the page displays V8, which has been the latest OTA so Sprint's not testing any new update...yet.

So what do you think is the reason for not having the update already? Im guessing cause they wanted to have more spark sites deployed or something? Or is it lg because samsung's devices come with it out of box now.

So what do you think is the reason for not having the update already? Im guessing cause they wanted to have more spark sites deployed or something? Or is it lg because samsung's devices come with it out of box now.

It appears maybe LG's hit a roadblock.  They could very well be working on redesigning a new Baseband now - but it's not available for testing via Sprint's servers.

But given the timetable they've announced, LG probably hasn't started on it yet.