LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Mines dropped data for a second, then in the blink of a second it tried to roam then prompted "no data connection" in status bar. My area has lte but its pretty weak at my house and work so i rarely even see it on my phone. When i moved my car a hour ago it showed lte but dbm of -122 and as soon as i tried to reply to a FB message it dropped to 3g.

I thought there was an international attempt to get rid of mines, sorry they are now harming your data. 

• Like 2

Back to the topic of this thread...I've seen some really great battery life with the G2, but if you're in a fringe 1900 voice coverage area, or a fringe LTE+ good e-HERPIES area, the battery can go from 80% to 20% in four hours. I thought something was wrong when I had this happened, and actually wish I had switched LTE completely off so it would stopped scanning. Normally at home, in range of airave and Wi-Fi, my battery can go 15 hours with minimal use, or 10 hours with medium/heavy use. Personally I'd like to see a mophie come out for the G2 just for us LTE geeks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Back to the topic of this thread...I've seen some really great battery life with the G2, but if you're in a fringe 1900 voice coverage area, or a fringe LTE+ good e-HERPIES area, the battery can go from 80% to 20% in four hours. I thought something was wrong when I had this happened, and actually wish I had switched LTE completely off so it would stopped scanning. Normally at home, in range of airave and Wi-Fi, my battery can go 15 hours with minimal use, or 10 hours with medium/heavy use. Personally I'd like to see a mophie come out for the G2 just for us LTE geeks.

I got about 13 hours of battery life yesterday with moderate usage. Had a couple b41 towers where one of them I pulled 51mb down. Almost crapped my pants. Fastest speed I've had since owning this phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I got close to twenty hours with heavy use, but was only on airave+ Wi-Fi the entire time, and it didn't do the usual dump off of airave a few times an hour to pull in -110 Verizon tower up the road...I was doing steady Facebook, the battlefield 4 app(battlelog app).

I was shocked to see it, and I know a 3000+mAh battery can give this, but I think it partly has something to do with the battery tech they used for this phone.

I'm very happy with this coming from a gs3.my battery life had become atrocious after 14 months, barely 4 hours on full charge in fringe areas.

You mean best speed since owning any sprint phone. ????

I got about 13 hours of battery life yesterday with moderate usage. Had a couple b41 towers where one of them I pulled 51mb down. Almost crapped my pants. Fastest speed I've had since owning this phone.

I've been more than happy with this device. Only thing I'm wanting now is Spark update which should also increase B25 performance.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I think we are all looking forward to that, even myself, in an area that doesn't yet have any 800 or 2600. I still want the ability when it does come

No one's answered my question about the incipio case for the Verizon having a cover over the buttons on the back but the one for the other brands don't have that protection... Any reason why or if it would fit?

No one's answered my question about the incipio case for the Verizon having a cover over the buttons on the back but the one for the other brands don't have that protection... Any reason why or if it would fit?

My answer might not be correct but I know the Verizon version has different specs. 

Here is my two cents: my wife got the HTC One, and before we ordered the phone, we went and ordered the mophie for it, she wanted that to get her through twelve hours of heavy use on the One. Timing should've had that HTC One mophie here a couple days before the phone arrived...but when we received it, the mophie was for an iPhone 5, NOT HTC One. So she had a naked, brand new One...

We decided instead of waiting to return it and get the money refunded, we'd just run in the local Verizon store and grab an otterbox for her.

The rep in Verizon tried to tell us that the Sprint and Verizon versions wouldn't mix, but then we got him to open it and try it out....worked just fine.

This isn't about t the G2, but shows what they really know about phones from carrier to carrier. I have the otterbox on my G2, and aside from ripping out the screen protector, it is a perfect fit.

I still have the mophie, anyone here interested let me know and I'll put it on my eBay seller account or Amazon and pm you the link. I only want exactly what I paid, but only got a couple days before I just ship it back to seller for refund.

Perhaps Verizon has a strick policy that their cases do not cover all of the Verizon graffiti all over their phones. It'd be a real shame not to be able to advertise that you are paying twice as much for data from every angle while using your phone.

• Like 3

Well, if you're talking about the One, she's using a case from the Verizon store on her phone, all the buttons seem to be in right places..

I was referencing the G2.

Long story short, do not buy Verizon G2 cases for the Sprint G2, the thickness (added thickness due to the wireless charging) and the button size/placement (smaller buttons on G2) is not the same between the Verizon G2 and Sprint G2.  There is a reason why you see LG G2 cases on Amazon that specifically say Verizon only or Sprint/Tmobile/AT&T only.

Long story short, do not buy Verizon G2 cases for the Sprint G2, the thickness (added thickness due to the wireless charging) and the button size/placement (smaller buttons on G2) is not the same between the Verizon G2 and Sprint G2.

The VZW G2 is kind of a thick girl, and her buttons are in different places from the usual.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

The VZW G2 is kind of a thick girl, and her buttons are in different places from the usual.

AJ

AJ, you saying you, "Like em' thick?" 

is anyone else having delayed text message and calls going straight to vm issues... I have to do a profile update and then they come through

Did you have Google Voice integrated? If so, that is why.