LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Now if you want an example of horrid gps performance, my Samsung Moment couldn't find its way out of a wet paper sack if it tried.

The moment you bought that phone it was obsolete.

The Moment?  You bought that phone?  It was obsolete.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

The moment you bought that phone it was obsolete. The Moment?  You bought that phone?  It was obsolete. ;) AJ

It may have been a poor first attempt at Android by Samsung, but it had a physical keyboard (which I really thought I needed since I wasn't sure about using a touch screen keyboard on a 3 inch screen) and it was my way to get rid of T-Mobile and Best Buy had a deal that ended up with me profiting over $100 by switching and going from my shitty Nokia flip phone with "emergency only" service to Sprint 3G. But yeah, perhaps I should have gone for the HTC Hero, instead. I was a bit conflicted on that decision.

At least the Moment was the moment I returned to Sprint and my voice and text service was finally what it should have been all the time I had T-Mobile.

YES, mine is awful. My G2 GPS issue appears to be intermittent. Sometimes it will even lock onto satellites inside my house and other times it has problems outside.

Why are there satellites inside of your home? Is your dad an astronaut?

My GPS seems to work just fine. Almost eerily so. It can tell if I'm in my back yard or front yard.

Use the actual gps and you will see

Okay, I'll bite. What is "actual gps"? Is it somthing I use if I'm camping or trying to land on an aircraft carrier? Edited by dParis
  • Like 1

Sometimes it will even lock onto satellites inside my house...

Why are there satellites inside of your home?

Yes, there are satellites inside your house.  And the dinosaur had a car...

AJ

• Like 2

I already ran many tests and the evo lte and gs3 gps puts my g2 to shame. Is this a device problem for certain units idk but it exists and not only on mine but my best friend has the sprint g2 and has the same problems. If I have to I will make a video and you will see what im talking about.

It seems to default to Global every time you try switching it yourself.

I use the Google Maps navigation nearly every day. I have not had a problem yet. It locks on every time, gives me accurate location and even locks on while I am indoors. Now if you want an example of horrid gps performance, my Samsung Moment couldn't find its way out of a wet paper sack if it tried.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was told that would be adding another sprint tower to this one but cant make out if thats what they are doing right now or not. Help! The top one is the new one. Is that sprint?https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbalnj73hrhrjay/CAM00051.jpg

I have no idea what your post says.

Robert

Who's panels are at the top thats being added?

I can't tell from this pic.  Sprint is definitely at the bottom.

Robert

I was told that would be adding another sprint tower to this one but cant make out if thats what they are doing right now or not. Help! The top one is the new one. Is that sprint?https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbalnj73hrhrjay/CAM00051.jpg

Adding another Sprint tower... on top of one that already exists? That doesn't make any sense.

I was saying that a ericsson worker in the area told me they were going to add another sector on that tower because its a congested tower so i was trying to see if that's what they are doing.

I can't tell from this pic. Sprint is definitely at the bottom.

Robert

I have seen double towers in my area. There are two of them.

On the bottom rack for Sprint, it looks like it may only have two sectors.  So they may be adding a third one facing another direction.  But that wouldn't involve adding another rack. 

Robert

There is a 3rd sector for sprint its just not in the pic. It looks like at&t is the new carrier on the top. I know verizon, tmobile, and sprint are already there so who else could it be. Wouldnt be a surprise because that would make it the 3rd new at&t tower built in the last 2 months in Ocala

On the bottom rack for Sprint, it looks like it may only have two sectors. So they may be adding a third one facing another direction. But that wouldn't involve adding another rack.

Robert