LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Soooo, what service do you have???? Anyway on TWC with their Arris dg860 i get 16mbps same on the pc. I have a router on the way. Hopefully the set up will go great

Mine is 325 mbps contently. Should be enough to get a 150 mbps signal

I have the Asus router ac66u here's my connection....I've seen 433Mbps before...but I also have like 15 devices on Wi-Fi...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Welp - I am really missing my N5 so I'm going to sell off my G2 and use that money for a N5. I like the G2 but there's just not enough development to keep me satisfied with the device.

Not sure what you are looking for in terms of development. Development has been picking a lot lately.

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welp - I am really missing my N5 so I'm going to sell off my G2 and use that money for a N5.  I like the G2 but there's just not enough development to keep me satisfied with the device.

I am not a developer, but I put my G2 to rest temporarily until some of the bugs get fixed with an update.  I was trying to add some Sprint Data to Sensorly and the stupid GPS in my G2 thought I was in Hanover PA (39 miles from Harrisburg PA).  All the data I added is in the wrong place on the Sensorly map now. 

My G2 has a bad GPS, Crackling Earpiece Volume, and a wildly fluctuating signal on LTE. 

I took a step backwards (single band phone) because I wanted a big beautiful screen and purchased a Samsung GN3 from Amazon.  It works like a champ!  My LTE, with the GN3, holds on great now. 

When 800 MHz LTE starts up in Harrisburg, I'll resurrect the G2.  Until then, it's probably going to stay tucked away in my desk drawer.  :(

I am not a developer, but I put my G2 to rest temporarily until some of the bugs get fixed with an update.  I was trying to add some Sprint Data to Sensorly and the stupid GPS in my G2 thought I was in Hanover PA (39 miles from Harrisburg PA).  All the data I added is in the wrong place on the Sensorly map now. 

My G2 has a bad GPS, Crackling Earpiece Volume, and a wildly fluctuating signal on LTE. 

I took a step backwards (single band phone) because I wanted a big beautiful screen and purchased a Samsung GN3 from Amazon.  It works like a champ!  My LTE, with the GN3, holds on great now. 

When 800 MHz LTE starts up in Harrisburg, I'll resurrect the G2.  Until then, it's probably going to stay tucked away in my desk drawer.  :(

The G2 has some serious GPS issues. I don't get the crackling earpiece or wildly fluctuating signal though

Not sure what you are looking for in terms of development. Development has been picking a lot lately.

Sent from my LG G2 LS980 using Tapatalk

Speaking of Development picking up...  :D

Team d3pG2 ROM is ready for public consumption.

• Like 3

The G2 has some serious GPS issues. I don't get the crackling earpiece or wildly fluctuating signal though

I don't think you can classify the G2 as having GPS issues. It doesn't seem to be everyone having issues. I use mine all the time with Waze. I don't have any complaints with the phone.

• Like 2

There has to be a batch of defective units. My wife and I have had zero GPS problems. The G2 locks onto GPS and routes faster than my wife's overly expensive Garmin. Y'all need to seek out a Sprint repair store, call CSR or go to wherever you got your phones if you have these many issues and get it straight so you aren't stuck with a bad phone. I haven't had earpiece problems, haven't had speaker problems and haven't had GPS problems, so I know there are good G2s out there.

• Like 2

There has to be a batch of defective units. My wife and I have had zero GPS problems. The G2 locks onto GPS and routes faster than my wife's overly expensive Garmin. Y'all need to seek out a Sprint repair store, call CSR or go to wherever you got your phones if you have these many issues and get it straight so you aren't stuck with a bad phone. I haven't had earpiece problems, haven't had speaker problems and haven't had GPS problems, so I know there are good G2s out there.

As of late, I've had odd GPS issues arise. It'll lock very fast or decently fast but it'll have me located 300-600 feet away.  It'll even track with my movement--only 300-600 feet shifted to the northeast, east, south, etc.Navigation is a pain when this pain with this as the phone thinks I'm deep within a suburban cul-de-saq neighborhood when I'm actually moving 45 mph on the nearby arterial.  Using GPS Status I have will have a lock on 14 or more satellites but have a GPS accuracy in the 300-feet range. When these issue arise, a reboot usually fixes the issue.

As of late, I've had odd GPS issues arise. It'll lock very fast or decently fast but it'll have me located 300-600 feet away.  It'll even track with my movement--only 300-600 feet shifted to the northeast, east, south, etc.Navigation is a pain when this pain with this as the phone thinks I'm deep within a suburban cul-de-saq neighborhood when I'm actually moving 45 mph on the nearby arterial.  Using GPS Status I have will have a lock on 14 or more satellites but have a GPS accuracy in the 300-feet range. When these issue arise, a reboot usually fixes the issue.

That's better than mine at close to 30 miles away.  Sometimes it works fine though...

I have read a bunch of complaints from Verizon G2 owners as well.  There must be a bad batch as The Dave said.  My old Droid Bionic used to do this as well.  After an update for the issue, it was fine. 

It's unfortunate that there are some users expreiencing various problems with the G2. I posted earlier that I feel special, having a G2 with no problems. I even noted in my profile that I have a "Good Batch" G2. :). This phone is a champ. Now I'm just waiting to see how kit-kat and the Sprint tri-band update sweeten the deal.

Btw, any new rumors on the Sprint update? It's early 2014 and if I don't get the update in about 5 minutes, I'm gonna start screaming...

Btw, any new rumors on the Sprint update? It's early 2014 and if I don't get the update in about 5 minutes, I'm gonna start screaming...

Yeah, you do that...

AJ

I talked to one of the LG training guys and he said that LG has had the update ready to go for awhile now, but Sprint didn't want to push a bit update out in December (probably due to the increased call volume/store traffic that December brings.)

• Like 2

I talked to one of the LG training guys and he said that LG has had the update ready to go for awhile now, but Sprint didn't want to push a bit update out in December (probably due to the increased call volume/store traffic that December brings.)

I hope it's true - however, There's nothing in the RDF file that mentions it's been tested.  

This kind of thing is always said by the manufacturer training guys. They honestly know very little most of the time when it comes to these things.

The only way to know for sure, is to look at the build number and build date. Unfortunately, LG doesn't use a month/day scheme like Samsung. On Samsungs it's really easy to tell build date... MK2 build number translates out to 2013.11.2 so it was built on November 2nd, 2013, it's pretty easy to read once you understand it.

Reports of "The manufacturer already made it, Sprint is delaying it", etc. have all been proven wrong in the past because we know how to decode the build numbers and such to find out when it was actually made. LG on the other hand, not so straight forward in the build naming department.

However, knowing when Samsung, HTC, ZTE and Nexus device builds were made vs when they were distributed... I can't imagine it being much different for LG compared to everyone else. It's usually anywhere from 3 days to three weeks between build and deploy.

Software launches being delayed due to holidays is patently false. Never once have I ever seen a mention of that being a cause, other than claims by customers saying that might be why. I also don't trust salesmen at their word (I worked in sales and have many friends in various fields that do sales, there's always an ulterior motive at play somewhere if they are even remotely decent at their job). That doesn't mean they outright lie, but semi-educated guesses that sound plausible go a very long way in sales jobs.

I am manually checking for updates at least twice a day now. Hopefully this Spark update is soon. Sometimes "early" in the year in sales-speak equates to May...I guess it's early compared to say, October..

I haven't had GPS problems, or the crackle voice.  I have had inconsistent 4G LTE though.  I'm hoping the Spark update helps.

uzuhu5yp.jpg

My GPS quality was awful for my 2 mile run tonight. GPS status said accuracy was between 200-500 feet, and runkeeper said that my GPS strength was poor and fair. Problem won't resolve with a reboot either.

While I'd love to have run 45 miles in 21 minutes, I'd rather have an accurate location.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Posted ImageMy GPS quality was awful for my 2 mile run tonight. GPS status said accuracy was between 200-500 feet, and runkeeper said that my GPS strength was poor and fair. Problem won't resolve with a reboot either. While I'd love to have run 45 miles in 21 minutes, I'd rather have an accurate location. Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Coach, sign that kid up!

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

If this is a bad batch of G2's there must be a lot of them. So many that the ones are affected has to have a update fix in the works. This has happened on many phones where alot of people have issues that others don't but they still find a way to update the broken ones to work properly.

I'm happy to report my new phone doesn't seem to have any of the issues my old phone did. My data holds, my speaker is actually loud and my gps doesn't show any issues. Not like that was an issue but I'm glad I didn't replace a bad phone with another bad one. Eventually it'll all get worked out.

• Like 1

If this is a bad batch of G2's there must be a lot of them. So many that the ones are affected has to have a update fix in the works. This has happened on many phones where alot of people has issues that others don't but they still find a way to update the broken ones to work properly.

What he said....