LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

is anyone else having delayed text message and calls going straight to vm issues... I have to do a profile update and then they come through

I did have this problem in the past with a different phone.  For me it happened only in 1 specific location.  it was a tower issue and after a call to Sprint it was fixed a few days later.

Thick thighs, big breasts...

Way to go, you just distracted Robert.  Now, he has to go out and get some fried chicken.

AJ

• Like 5

I like big....phones...and I cannot lie?

Might as well face it, you're addicted to...breas....phones?

Just to keep this somewhat on track, has anyone called retentions and asked for a G2 for free (since it's out there for new customers)? I think that'll be my plan for my wife and I to re-up in January.

I know when I downloaded waze.. That thing killed my battery.. Constantly running even with location off and force stopping.. I had to Uninstall that app.. I like it with my other phone though.. Kind of disappointed..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Anyone notice the horrible gps performance problems the g2 has?

YES, mine is awful. My G2 GPS issue appears to be intermittent. Sometimes it will even lock onto satellites inside my house and other times it has problems outside. It also will give an incorrect location.

Yep thats some of the problems im having no matter what gps i install

YES, mine is awful. My G2 GPS issue appears to be intermittent. Sometimes it will even lock onto satellites inside my house and other times it has problems outside. It also will give an incorrect location.

I haven't noticed any gps issues on my G2. My weather widget always recognizes where I'm at and both Google Maps and Sensorly have been dead on. I do notice that randomly the gps location icon in the notification bar will come up from time to time, though.

I installed GPS Test which verifies the problems. I also read on another forum that GPS was an issue with the G2. Hopefully it'll be fixed with the nest update. Let consumers be the beta testers!

I tried using Google to locate my phone and that fails most of the time as well.

At first I thought the antenna may just not be the best, but that doesn't explain why it sometimes picks up satellites inside my house.

Use the actual gps and you will see

I haven't noticed any gps issues on my G2. My weather widget always recognizes where I'm at and both Google Maps and Sensorly have been dead on. I do notice that randomly the gps location icon in the notification bar will come up from time to time, though.

Yeah, I agree. Even using the GPS with Google Maps can demonstrate the errors.

I tried using my Droid Bionic alongside the G2. The Bionic is dead on, the G2 could show me in a location 10 miles away from where I really am.

Yeah, I agree. Even using the GPS with Google Maps can demonstrate the errors.

I tried using my Droid Bionic alongside the G2. The Bionic is dead on, the G2 could show me in a location 10 miles away from where I really am.

I haven't seen any issues with the GPS on my G2 personally. Google Maps/Navigation has worked fine for me every time I've used it. GPS Test also shows 18 satellites in view, 7 in use currently and an accuracy of 34 feet. Pretty similar numbers to what I used to get on my Galaxy S3 here at home.

I used GPS today and had no problems.  I will admit that data tends to drop often though lately.  (Data drops, not signal.)  I was at a friend's house last night and it said 1xRTT but no 3G/1X icon, just signal bars.  Could send texts and calls, but no loading web pages.  A profile update fixed it but it's been happening quite often on my device.  Might be related to me making modifications on my device, though.

I used GPS today and had no problems.  I will admit that data tends to drop often though lately.  (Data drops, not signal.)  I was at a friend's house last night and it said 1xRTT but no 3G/1X icon, just signal bars.  Could send texts and calls, but no loading web pages.  A profile update fixed it but it's been happening quite often on my device.  Might be related to me making modifications on my device, though.

I as well have not had any issues with my GPS. I also use Waze and have not found any issues with that killing my battery. 

I have had the same issues with data dropping.  The GPS has been giving me problems since I started using the G2.  At first I thought it was the building, but one day I switched back and forth between the G2 and my Note 2, and the Samsung would pick up and hold a location with no problems while the G2 would struggle.

I haven't seen any issues with the GPS on my G2 personally. Google Maps/Navigation has worked fine for me every time I've used it. GPS Test also shows 18 satellites in view, 7 in use currently and an accuracy of 34 feet. Pretty similar numbers to what I used to get on my Galaxy S3 here at home.

My G2 will have performance as you stated at times (even inside my house). There are also times where the G2 just will not see the satellites.

I have had the same issues with data dropping.  The GPS has been giving me problems since I started using the G2.  At first I thought it was the building, but one day I switched back and forth between the G2 and my Note 2, and the Samsung would pick up and hold a location with no problems while the G2 would struggle.

That's similar to what my G2 does. My Bionic locks on and holds where the G2 can struggle or won't pick up the satellites at all. Other days it works fine, but still weaker reception than the Bionic in the same place.

anyone else switch there phone to cdma.lte but have it switch back to global on its own?

It seems to default to Global every time you try switching it yourself.

I use the Google Maps navigation nearly every day. I have not had a problem yet. It locks on every time, gives me accurate location and even locks on while I am indoors. Now if you want an example of horrid gps performance, my Samsung Moment couldn't find its way out of a wet paper sack if it tried.