LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Can you post a link to where I can flash TWRP and do a custom rom....I'm a noob, never flashed custom rom before and cannot find anything about the LS980...

Can you post a link to where I can flash TWRP and do a custom rom....I'm a noob, never flashed custom rom before and cannot find anything about the LS980...

I'm going to be posting a custom ROM soon with my own tweaks.  Getting one last thing compiled correctly before I post it but it's taking a lot of trial and error to get it working.

But, I'd start by going into the IOroot thread in this XDA section.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/sprint

• Like 1

Where would one start if interested in the rooting process but doesn't know the lingo or the first thing concerning rooting or backing up or how not to brick or the difference between a soft brick or hard brick... Lol sorry for the run on sentence but I think you get my point..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So what do you think is the reason for not having the update already? Im guessing cause they wanted to have more spark sites deployed or something? Or is it lg because samsung's devices come with it out of box now.

Since Sammy and HTC devices are using Band 41, I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to have more sites ready. I think this is completely an LG problem. It could even be a hardware problem they are trying to overcome with software.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a Ballistic Maxx case. It's pretty nice and isn't very bulky considering the level of protection that it offers. Just make sure to get the one for AT&T/Sprint/Tmobile and not the Verizon one.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Where would one start if interested in the rooting process but doesn't know the lingo or the first thing concerning rooting or backing up or how not to brick or the difference between a soft brick or hard brick...

If you turn it into a hard brick, just be sure to keep it in your underwear drawer.

AJ

Since Sammy and HTC devices are using Band 41, I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to have more sites ready. I think this is completely an LG problem. It could even be a hardware problem they are trying to overcome with software.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So do you think that they will get it fixed? I mean what would happen if they couldnt would it be faulty piece of equipment. Surely it can be fixed. Kinda makes me wonder if i should of got the phone. I wouldnt be happy since they did all the promoting and couldnt get it fixed.

Has anyone gotten the error "Failure to load certificate" when trying to setup a Pop3 email account on the stock app?

Sounds like the server your connected to is using some kind of secure connection. Try disabling verify certificate option....I think that's what I had to do...if I can find it I'll post it.

So do you think that they will get it fixed? I mean what would happen if they couldnt would it be faulty piece of equipment. Surely it can be fixed. Kinda makes me wonder if i should of got the phone. I wouldnt be happy since they did all the promoting and couldnt get it fixed.

Sprint sure seems to think so since they gave a deadline.  As for me, I have no idea.

Robert

If they cant fix it, then ill be going to a sprint corporate store and have them swap my device for one of similar specs. I am very happy with the phone so far though.

I have zero expectation that LG will be unable to "fix" the G2 to work with Sprint's new LTE bands. Sprint has been saying from the beginning that the update would not be released until early 2014, so nobody should be concerned yet. The Nexus 5 is in the same boat; I can't imagine two of the major tri-band device releases would fail to actually operate as tri-band phones.

Patience! If we're having this same discussion in March, then it would be reasonable to be concerned.

-Mike

• Like 2

Thats true I was just wondering why they had problems but samsung didnt but yea they should be able to might of just not been what they wanted at launch so they decided to wait.

What if they released it earlier than it should have due to the other versions had already come out. Later than the other versions because of the triband issues? Sprint thinking it should only take a few months to fix it decided to release it on nov 8th with the other triband devices... Just my opinion hopefully all wrong....

What if they released it earlier than it should have due to the other versions had already come out. Later than the other versions because of the triband issues? Sprint thinking it should only take a few months to fix it decided to release it on nov 8th with the other triband devices... Just my opinion hopefully all wrong....

Sprint is working on everything triband LTE all at once: Finishing Band 25, quickly ramping up and 41 installations (at least in Columbus Market), and starting  band 26 rollouts, and slipstreaming eCSFB and other changes.  I think all of the triband phones will need firmware updates, likely several.  Now from my experience, in Columbus where enabled, Band 41 works well with the G2 in a special mode or Public View where there is no Band 25 LTE.

What Sprint is doing is like changing the tires, engine, transmission while you are still driving down the road (network side) while they are also changing the driver's clothes (triband phones and firmware updates).  The only item I object to is that they are always telling people that champagne and a victory party are just around the corner when we have many laps to go.  Awesome plan, fortunately Softbank gave them resources thus credibility.

If there is some sort of hardware issue that cannot be resolved, I hope that some revised version gets pushed out and some sort of path to swap to the non defective version would be possible. I really love my G2, I cannot see wanting any other phone for a good while.

• Like 1

Sounds like the server your connected to is using some kind of secure connection. Try disabling verify certificate option....I think that's what I had to do...if I can find it I'll post it.

Worked great!  Thanks.

If there is some sort of hardware issue that cannot be resolved, I hope that some revised version gets pushed out and some sort of path to swap to the non defective version would be possible. I really love my G2, I cannot see wanting any other phone for a good while.

Do not get me wrong i love Sprint's plan and network.... Most of the time but what if they don't allow us to swap devices saying these are defective..... Samsung and Htc make me think this is true... Well..... I'll continue to hope this is nothing like the Xoom issue....

Do not get me wrong i love Sprint's plan and network.... Most of the time but what if they don't allow us to swap devices saying these are defective..... Samsung and Htc make me think this is true... Well..... I'll continue to hope this is nothing like the Xoom issue....

I seriously doubt they would advertise it as a tri band device if they themselves doubt its ability. I think this is more of a lack of time for testing in real world situations from Sprints standpoint, it could also be that because of the circuit switch fallback issue, they were probably caught off guard with stability on a network that lacked full compatibility with eCSFB. I would probably do the same to minimize further issues.

That has never been required in the history of any device on Sprint. The odds of this being the first time since Sprint's wireless start in 1995 are pretty slim.

So what do you think is the reason for not having the update already? Im guessing cause they wanted to have more spark sites deployed or something? Or is it lg because samsung's devices come with it out of box now.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me that Sprint doesn't have the Spark update yet for the LG G2.  I want Qualcomm and LG to continue making improvements to the baseband to improve LTE reception.  Even if the Spark update is available now, LTE 800 is still not accessible to anyone yet.  I have a feeling when the Spark update is available to the LG G2 and Nexus 5 that Sprint will announce the availability of LTE 800 in several markets.

Yea that is true it seems like that the reception could be improved for sure compared to the nexus 5 and which I would think they have the same radios one would think. But yea thats true my city hasnt even launched yet so wouldnt do me any good to have just would like to know that if I did the phone would work correct. I love the phone I had a galaxy s4 and i think this phone is way better in a lot of ways. I feel like you are pretty well educated on the network vision stuff that I could ask a question about a site. I have a site that is 3g accepted and has had backhaul for prolly atleast 4 months and has all other visionable stuff like anntennas, rru's,twc backhaul box and cables connected etc. What would keep a site from actually being accepted 4g and I dont believe the 3g is actually running through network vision and is still on legacy which happens alot. But at the same time this site had all this and all of the other sites already been 4g accepted and this one still not. Maybe you could give me a little more insight to what the problem could be?