LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Curious how that effected the phone seeing how the PRL is not suppose to effect the LTE.

The PRL tells the phone when to scan and not to scan for LTE. That way when you are in some other country or area with no LTE it saves battery.

• Like 2

On the G2 when in lte area and have lte will the bars account for lte signal strength ot will it be the same as other phones? I just read the article about signal bars vs lte signal strength. At the bittom it dose say iphones and lg devices bars are used as lte signal strength, is that the same for the G2 and/or our nexus 5 cousins?

Does the G2 prioritize cdma 800 or cdma 1900 voice when its available?

They have the same priority from what I understand (and experience in my market). What will happen is if you end up in a crappy reception situation, it will grab in to 800. It will not switch back to 1900 unless you end up out of reach of 800. For me, once I'm on 800 I usually stay on it because a very good amount of the market is covered with it.

PRL update should certainly put you on 800 (it scans for it first) if it's available. No need for Digiblur's PRL but I did use it on my One and it worked great as it did prioritize 800 over 1900.

55017 is the current PRL and you shouldn't have any issues getting it to update on your phone.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Anyone know if the zv8 update might have fixed the auto brightness? Mine still seems buggy at 100% but at 99% it kinda works.

Got my update last night and experienced the weird bugginess of the Auto bright so I'll let you know how it acts today/tomorrow.

*Here I thought I was the only one. Lol

Since the update my connection is working much better. Prior to the update, my phone would try to connect to a weaker LTE signal. When I switched to CDMA only, I was still having problems maintaining a strong signal (which I had for the first week of owning my phone). Or I couldn't get any data connection at all.

Now it appears to be working as intended.

Hope someone can help me and thanks in advance for the help.

I had changed the lte settings before the update i received last night.

Under the ##3282# LTE settings - should my settings be this

LTE - enabled

Band26 - enabled

band41- enabled

Band25 proirity - 1

Band26 proirity - 1

Band41 proirity - 1

Hope someone can help me and thanks in advance for the help.

I had changed the lte settings before the update i received last night.

Under the ##3282# LTE settings - should my settings be this

LTE - enabled

Band26 - enabled

band41- enabled

Band25 proirity - 1

Band26 proirity - 1

Band41 proirity - 1

Stock settings here

yqy2ugaj.jpg

I am beyond confused. Force connected to band 41 in Cleveland and stood in the same spot. Got a - 77 signal but phone refused to stay locked kept jumping to different servicing cells or whatever on band 41 some were - 120 some disconnected completely. Why will my phone not stay on the strongest band 41 signal. It never switched to band 25. When I was connected and it kept going quickly in and out, I got these amazing results.

a8azagu3.jpg

u9e2a4y3.jpg

Notice the difference in signal strength between the beginning and end of the speed test.  I did not move at all during such time.  Also the ping is so bad because I started the test when the signal had dropped.  I was in force LTE mode during this test.

When I had my note 3 I was able to connect to band 25 in this same area in and out however I have not sniffed band 25 in Cleveland with the G2.  Also, band 41 seems to work best on lower level floors around here and will not connect in my office on the 16th floor.  Band 25 on the other hand, when I was able to connect, use to connect only when on higher floors in nearby buildings.

I am beyond confused. Force connected to band 41 in Cleveland and stood in the same spot. Got a - 77 signal but phone refused to stay locked kept jumping to different servicing cells or whatever on band 41 some were - 120 some disconnected completely. Why will my phone not stay on the strongest band 41 signal. It never switched to band 25. When I was connected and it kept going quickly in and out, I got these amazing results.

Notice the difference in signal strength between the beginning and end of the speed test. I did not move at all during such time. Also the ping is so bad because I started the test when the signal had dropped. I was in force LTE mode during this test.

When I had my note 3 I was able to connect to band 25 in this same area in and out however I have not sniffed band 25 in Cleveland with the G2. Also, band 41 seems to work best on lower level floors around here and will not connect in my office on the 16th floor. Band 25 on the other hand, when I was able to connect, use to connect only when on higher floors in nearby buildings.

The LG G2 has not formally had the update for Band 41 yet. And there is a reason. They are still working out issues. If it was ready to work on Band 41, it would have been enabled at launch like the other non LG devices.

If it has problems after LG/Sprint rollout the Triband update, then that would be cause for concern. I think at this point, we all are expecting issues when we try to use the G2/N5 on any LTE band other than 25.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have a comment regarding the display issue. Whenever I dim the screen all the way, it brightens up sometimes when I am scrolling through a Web page. I have read about it glitching on some people but mine will stay brighter until I scroll again then it will go back to all the way dim. Is this the same issue people are having or is it a different problem??