Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

The only thing that I'll be surprised about from this article is if this phone indeed gets offered with 8gb as the baseline. That would be insane in my opinion. Minimum should be 16 at this point.

• Like 1

The only thing that I'll be surprised about from this article is if this phone indeed gets offered with 8gb as the baseline. That would be insane in my opinion. Minimum should be 16 at this point.

My aging Galaxy Nexus has 32GB internal memory, so I feel that should be the minimum! lol

• Like 2

Hi - is it 100% confirmed that the nexus 5 can be used on the sprint network?

No.

AJ

• Like 3

I stopped caring about benchmarks a long time ago. 

• Like 3

I stopped caring about benchmarks a long time ago.

Benchmarks are one of the most overrated things in mobile reporting. I have never ran a benchmark on my GS3 or my wife's HTC One. You know why? Because it is entirely pointless. The phone works, it does what it is supposed to do in a relatively lag free manner. Human benchmark done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

regardless of the validity of any of the pre-release results,

benchmarks do provide a mostly consistent level of non-subjective performance comparisons, but agreed they are not the end all be all final word on performance. What matters most is how a phone feels to the particular user.

I just want Google to announce the size of the Nexus 5 battery.  I hope its not the 2300 maH battery like in the FCC documents.  I read a rumor today that the battery might be 2700 maH battery which is better and could sway me to the Nexus 5 but I still have to see performance once tech blogs have been able to review it.

I just want Google to announce the size of the Nexus 5 battery.  I hope its not the 2300 maH battery like in the FCC documents.  I read a rumor today that the battery might be 2700 maH battery which is better and could sway me to the Nexus 5 but I still have to see performance once tech blogs have been able to review it.

All signs point to 2300mah, a bigger battery would mean pretty extensive case and internal redesign. I wouldn't get your hopes up. With that said I'm still, after almost 1.5 years very happy with my 2000mah Evo 4gLTE battery and that phone is about the complete opposite of efficient. 

I'm hoping it has the same technology as the LG G2 where the RAM takes some of the load away from the screen (something like that)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I doubt it.  I don't think LG wants to make the Nexus 5 too much like the LG G2 by incorporating all of their secret sauce functions such as the GRAM and make the Nexus 5 the must have phone with up to the date Android updates.

The Nexus 5 probably won't have an IR blaster either since Google probably doesn't care at all about that.  But since I don't know the final specs of the Nexus 5 as of now, I am still leaning towards the G2 since I want that beefier battery with good battery life and 5.2 inch display.

I look at Benchmarks like a speed test. A speed test doesn't necessarily show how fast your phone can download on a network, but it gives you a good idea at how it can perform.

Exactly.  I don't know of anyone who was swayed away from not getting a phone they wanted because of benchmark tests.

At this point, I don't care much about benchmarks as much as I care about rf strength, triband support and if it has a decent sounding call clarity. My Evo 3D sometimes sucks at keeping a good signal and talking to AT&T customers or some land lines can be brutal. I am tired of asking the other person to repeat themselves so I can hear them. 

• Like 2

At this point, I don't care much about benchmarks as much as I care about rf strength, triband support and if it has a decent sounding call clarity. My Evo 3D sometimes sucks at keeping a good signal and talking to AT&T customers or some land lines can be brutal. I am tired of asking the other person to repeat themselves so I can hear them.

Not to mention the fact that pretty much every device has the same snapdragon 800. It makes benchmarks quite pointless since every device is roughly getting the same scores. It was more fun when there was Exynos, Qualcomm, and Tegra all competing but it seems like Qualcomm has a monopoly on chip sets or something.

Not to mention the fact that pretty much every device has the same snapdragon 800. It makes benchmarks quite pointless since every device is roughly getting the same scores. It was more fun when there was Exynos, Qualcomm, and Tegra all competing but it seems like Qualcomm has a monopoly on chip sets or something.

To that, you should say, "Qualcomm, @#$% yeah!"

We do not need more Eurasian dictation/domination of our domestic wireless industry. The US is still the most important market in the world and should call the shots.

AJ

• Like 1

To that, you should say, "Qualcomm, @#$% yeah!"

We do not need more Eurasian dictation/domination of our domestic wireless industry. The US is still the most important market in the world and should call the shots.

AJ

NVIDIA is an American company.

Yay to both Qualcomm and Nvidia. Truth is, Samsung's processor design unit is massively overrated. Apple's is very underrated. Now we're starting to see how good it is with the A7 and the move to 64 bit which completely blindsided Samsung.

Yay to both Qualcomm and Nvidia. Truth is, Samsung's processor design unit is massively overrated. Apple's is very underrated. Now we're starting to see how good it is with the A7 and the move to 64 bit which completely blindsided Samsung.

Samsung's stuff has never really been that great IMO, I know Tegra 4 is a flop but I do think that they'll be really competitive once they integrate project Denver. You also need to include Intel as they will be competitive as well in early 2014 with "Merrifield" SoCs.

Samsung's stuff has never really been that great IMO, I know Tegra 4 is a flop but I do think that they'll be really competitive once they integrate project Denver. You also need to include Intel as they will be competitive as well in early 2014 with "Merrifield" SoCs.

I really hate tegra ever since I got my first tablet. It was always lagging.

I honestly believe my transformer prime stopped being functional cause it had a tegra chip in it.

-Luis

I believe Samsung makes the 64 bit A7 chip in the iPhone 5s

I believe Samsung makes the 64 bit A7 chip in the iPhone 5s

That's Samsung's foundry, a completely different operation than the chip design unit of Samsung semiconductor. Qualcomm doesn't technically make their own chips either they do it through someone else's foundry as well, in Qualcomm's case it's usually TSMC, though Samsung foundries have been rumored to make Snapdragons as well.