Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

An Android Central guy also seems to be skeptical of evleaks and seems to have another source telling him evleaks is wrong:

Fans are quick to believe @evleaks when he gives information they want to hear, but plenty are skeptical over this information. We have a few ideas, but nothing we're willing to talk about just yet.

... and later, in reference to the above second sentence...

I can't burn people who trust me. That's not how we operate around here.

evleaks has been solid in the past, but I'm really not sure about this one. Here's the image he seemingly posted as evidence, although the model numbers don't match up (remove it if this violates forum rules):

lg-g2_0.png

Those dimension don't match up with the FCC filing, do they?

ETA: mc_gusto already linked to this article.

Edited by Nrbelex
  • Like 1

Sounds like EVleaks retracted his statement!

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_d820_might_still_be_the_nexus_5-news-6774.php

We knew all along S4GRU had it right ;)

I was so glad to see that this morning.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I have been looking at this thread and I'm going to risk sounding stupid by asking, but here goes. Assuming this thing is real, will I be able to buy this directly from Google off contract on a reasonable price and then use it on Sprint's network? And since LTE is supposed to be open, if I get this, will I be able to use the LTE bands that aren't Sprint? I realize I don't fully understand how this stuff works, but it seems like you should be able to use all LTE bands available on the phone. Given how disappointed I was with the iPhone 5s, if I can buy this off contract, I will purchase this day one. If I'm wrong, please educate me. Thanks

I have been looking at this thread and I'm going to risk sounding stupid by asking, but here goes. Assuming this thing is real, will I be able to buy this directly from Google off contract on a reasonable price and then use it on Sprint's network? And since LTE is supposed to be open, if I get this, will I be able to use the LTE bands that aren't Sprint? I realize I don't fully understand how this stuff works, but it seems like you should be able to use all LTE bands available on the phone. Given how disappointed I was with the iPhone 5s, if I can buy this off contract, I will purchase this day one. If I'm wrong, please educate me. Thanks

It's possible, but not likely.  I'd rather set your expectations low, rather than high.  Sprint's weird authentication system keeps it difficult to let Google sell it themselves and let you buy it off contract from them.

It's possible, but not likely. I'd rather set your expectations low, rather than high. Sprint's weird authentication system keeps it difficult to let Google sell it themselves and let you buy it off contract from them.

Could you not buy the sprint gnexus off contract?.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Could you not buy the sprint gnexus off contract?.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I just think Sprint wouldn't allow Google to sell it off contract for $300-$400 if they can charge $100 + 2yr contract, or even $200 + 2yr contract.  

I just think Sprint wouldn't allow Google to sell it off contract for $300-$400 if they can charge $100 + 2yr contract, or even $200 + 2yr contract.

How did it work with T-Mobile and the Nexus 4? I'm thinking it is $350 off contract and $200 on. Which will kind of feel like a ripoff either way, strangely...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

How did it work with T-Mobile and the Nexus 4? I'm thinking it is $350 off contract and $200 on. Which will kind of feel like a ripoff either way, strangely...

Well, T-Mobile allows for BYOD, even international models.  T-Mobile's doing away with phone subsidies which is why they can be flexible with Google's pricing system.  Sprint, on the other hand, like AT&T and Verizon, all want to get as much as possible from phone subsidies buried inside their monthly plans.  T-Mobile has proved how much cheaper cell phone plans should be, compared to its competitors. (minus the phone subsidies.)

EDIT: I misunderstood your question - sorry!  T-Mobile's stock never ran out and when Google Play's stock ran out (which was quite often), people would resort to T-Mobile's version.  Also, most people weren't aware of buying it from the Play Store.  It's kind of like buying stuff at Best Buy instead of an online retailer, like Amazon. 

Purchasing through T-Mobile was a rip off. Google sold the Nexus 4 for 349.99 no contract, on the other hand T-Mobile said if you don't want a contract through us is 579.99(price maybe 20.00 cheaper). The way CDMA works sprint and Verizon both have more control on who the retailer is and usually only approves the devices to be sold at around 549.99 unless it is with a two year contract.

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/11/lg-d821-fcc-filing/

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

That's a really strange filling, they said it had band 7 (which isn't possible in the US given how that spectrum is setup) and band 5. I wonder if that is the world edition that will never be sold in the US.

djw39 wrote:

My advice to everyone. If you want to be well known, use your own damn name. What is the "evleaks" crap supposed to mean? Yeah, I am known as "WiWavelength" around the Web, but I still sign every post, as I do not hide behind a nom de plume.

AJ

How much cover can a nom de plume provide anyway? Most are only 6 inches or so long and only 1/4 inch wide.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

anyone notice how the G2 is available from AT&T and Verizon now, but only available to preorder from Sprint a month from now.;Taking preorders on October 11.  That should be around new Nexus time. Do you think they are tweaking the G2 hence the delay? They have photos on their website, so they could not change it too much. ie make the screen & battery smaller to match the D820 and release that as the G2.  The month+ delay to just be able to preorder it seems fishy. I hope the Nexus 5 does come to Sprint and that they dont make us wait until the G2 has been out for a while before making it available.

Why are these pics linked to the VZ G2 FCC filing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah must be a booboo, the internal photos also look like the 820. But the setup photos are def a G2

Internal Photos - looks like D820
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2041354

Setup Photos - G2
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2041457
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2041454