Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

On August 2nd, 2013, LG received FCC approval for a device known as the LG D820. It received approval for LTE on Band 25 (Sprint LTE on 1900G), Band 26 (Sprint LTE on 800SMR), Band 41 (Sprint LTE on BRS/EBS. In addition, it also received approval for LTE on 706.5 - 713.5 & 709 - 711, and maybe 1710.7 - 1754.3 (& subsets 1712.4 - 1752.6 & 1720 - 1745). However, before anyone really had a chance to view anything, LG put in a paper to dismiss the approval of the device, citing confidentiality reasons, and stated that they would re-apply closer to the date of launch. This is really strange of them to do such a thing, but I guess this device is now the new mystery device of this year. Details are speculation at this point, but hopefully we will know more details soon.

• Like 13
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Wall may crumble under the load.  Our article is getting over 500 hits per hour tonight.  We may top 4000 views by midnight MDT.   AJ

Now take the money that you would have been willing to spend on a SIM card, and donate it to S4GRU via PayPal.  You will become a S4GRU Sponsor and get access to maps and lots of great info about Netw

SUCCESS!!!  Once I had the right place, it went quick.  Here is what you need to do to get a SIM mailed to you: Call 1-888-226-7212 At first voice prompt, Enter your phone number or confirm that you

Posted Images

It does. I can't find any info on it floating anywhere on the internet except for the FCC certification and withdrawl.

So....Nexus 5? Or Optimus G Pro?

I'm thinking a tablet of some sort because historically, Sprint LTE branded LG phones have been carrying the LS model designator, except the Optimus F3 for Boost (it carried the LG model designator).

I'm thinking a tablet of some sort because historically, Sprint LTE branded LG phones have been carrying the LS model designator, except the Optimus F3 for Boost (it carried the LG model designator).

Hmm...i have not seen an LG tablet before. 

Hmm...i have not seen an LG tablet before.

Remember, I'm only guessing based on the FCC band certifications. The 1700 bands it's certified for leave a big open space because AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile all use those bands for LTE. And AT&T, C-Spire, and US Cellular use the lower 700 blocks. The amount of LTE band support on this device is great, and I don't know if they could pull this off in a phone. If it turns out to be a phone, then I'm assuming it'll be at least a 5" screen.

Anyone remember what the D720 was?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Interesting! I wonder what it could end up being.

Interesting! I wonder what it could end up being.

Nexus S 4G was Samsung though. So that doesn't mean anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first device that supports an agreement (as yet unreached) between Sprint, USCC and C-Spire to allow LTE roaming between each other's networks. Probably a tablet, but bonus points if it's a hotspot.

Nexus S 4G was Samsung though. So that doesn't mean anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first device that supports an agreement (as yet unreached) between Sprint, USCC and C-Spire to allow LTE roaming between each other's networks. Probably a tablet, but bonus points if it's a hotspot.

I don't expect LG to release a hotspot. But I really think it's a tablet. And the idea of a Sprint, USCC, and C-Spire inter-roaming agreement would be awesome to compete against Verizon. We shall see soon enough once the docs show back up in the FCC database.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my god.... you know what it looks like?

Back Cover...

UuKGiWK.png

and..

nexus-5-leak-prototype-video.jpg?w=704&h

1ETQzow.jpg

Google LG Nexus (5?) for Sprint?!>?!

• Like 6

Oh my god.... you know what it looks like?

Back Cover...

Google LG Nexus (5?) for Sprint?!>?!

Came here to say this. Awesome.

Edited by Nrbelex

Triband was so yesterday. Pentaband is where its at!  :hah:

Infini-Band --- to infinity and beyond!

Serious question: given the hedging on the meaning of the band certifications (quoted below), what are the odds this will be a Sprint device? Are any of these bands unique to Sprint and unlikely to be in a non-Sprint phone? Is this device intended to work across all carriers?

Interpretation from the more knowledgeable is appreciated!

Remember, I'm only guessing based on the FCC band certifications. The 1700 bands it's certified for leave a big open space because AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile all use those bands for LTE. And AT&T, C-Spire, and US Cellular use the lower 700 blocks. The amount of LTE band support on this device is great, and I don't know if they could pull this off in a phone. If it turns out to be a phone, then I'm assuming it'll be at least a 5" screen.

Only Sprint uses SMR 800 LTE, PCS LTE, & EBS/BRS 2500-2600mhz LTE so it's damn sure going to be on  Sprint to have those specific bands. 

• Like 5

So do we expect to see a Nexus 5 available on all carriers this time around?  It was kinda sad to see the Nexus 4 only available to Tmobile last year.

• S4GRU changed the title to Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)