Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

I just called Sprint and got my MSL code. I'm scared I'll break my new device by enabling band41/band26, but I'm going to try it lol  :P

Edit: Well after turning either of them on, they both still show disabled. I thought it was worth a try.

The Nexus 4 didn't show the LTE radios in the FCC filing either, did it? Didn't need to be certified since they were disabled by the baseband, right? Maybe someone can get creative and do the same if the radios are actually there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

The Nexus 4 didn't show the LTE radios in the FCC filing either, did it? Didn't need to be certified since they were disabled by the baseband, right? Maybe someone can get creative and do the same if the radios are actually there.

Go find the radios then...

v4mes1.png

When ifixit did the Nexus 4 teardown, they found hardware support for AWS LTE. Then like a day later the Canadians figured out how to enable it and started posting screenshots of LTE lol

It doesn't make sense in this case, as there isn't really room to fit the separate band 41 hardware along with everything else (SVLTE)

When ifixit did the Nexus 4 teardown, they found hardware support for AWS LTE. Then like a day later the Canadians figured out how to enable it and started posting screenshots of LTE lol

It doesn't make sense in this case, as there isn't really room to fit the separate band 41 hardware along with everything else (SVLTE)

Did the FCC documents when the Nexus 4 come out reveal an LTE antenna but was just firmware locked?  If that was the case then it is no surprise that they were able to get LTE on the Nexus 4 since the hardware was present but was just firmware locked.

• Like 1

The reason the nexus had lte was because it was based after the optimus g which supported LTE, the snapdragon 800 supports lte on bands 26 , and 41 but whether samsung included signal amplifiers n filters for those LTE bands is a mystery, if they didn't no amount of software is going to get those bands but if they did they could get it class 2 change on the note 3 and enable through a future update...I would assume they didn't because the fcc filing didn't show support for those bands but it also didn't show LTE support for the nexus 4 , so unless someone with enough tech know how wants to take apart their brand new note 3 .. Then we will have to wait for sprint to issue a statement or just assume it's not their

Not sure if anyone is interested in the Galaxy Watch, but T-Mobile has it for $210+free shipping.  I just ordered one at that price and thought I'd share it for anyone that might be interested in it for their new phone.  I assume it should work for Sprint devices too. 

Details: http://dealnews.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Gear-Bluetooth-Android-Watch-for-210-free-shipping/871775.html

• Like 1

The battery life of the Note 3 is excessive. It's been on for 6 hours with 3 hours screen on time, I'm only down to 71%. Compared to my old Gnex which could only take 3 hours of screen on time before dying lol

Comparing even the Note2 to the Gnex battery usage is like comparing the gas mileage of a Honda civic to a H2 Hummer.

• Like 3

The battery life of the Note 3 is excessive. It's been on for 6 hours with 3 hours screen on time, I'm only down to 71%. Compared to my old Gnex which could only take 3 hours of screen on time before dying lol

Hows the radio on the GN3 is it better than the GN2 or around the same?

Hows the radio on the GN3 is it better than the GN2 or around the same?

I have it sitting next to the GS4 and they show the exact same 1x and LTE signal strength within 2dB. Haven't ran into any 3g yet. :)

It seems to be just a tad bit stronger on LTE than the GS4. I don't have a Note 2 to compare.

• Like 1

Also, when on LTE, the signal bars are showing LTE signal strength, not 1X. But when on EVDO/EHRPD, the signal bars are showing 1X signal strenth. Spent 30 minutes and I can confirm with absolute certainty that the signal bars are showing LTE signal strength.

These are estimates for LTE, as signal strength seems to take other factors into account: Less than -120 is 0 bars, -120 to -116 is 1 bar, -115 to -110 is 2 bars, -109 to -100 is three bars, -99 to -90 is four bars, -89 to -85 is 5 bars, -84 and greater is 6 bars.

And can anyone tell my why using USB 3.0 to transfer things jacks up your 1x signal strength? I'll have my phone sitting down perfectly fine with a -90 dBm 1x signal, but once I turn on USB 3.0 I keep looping between Sprint, Cricket, and Verizon with 1x Signal strength ranging from -75 to -105 on all three carriers (including Sprint). LTE is chilling at a stable -105. Samsung even has a warning that turning on USB 3.0 may have an effect your ability to place phone calls. But why...?

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 January 2011

I figured I would see LTE before WiMax too. She may have just seen the 4G icon as it was trying to connect and thought it was connected...

thanks for asking because I don't get it either. You're not the only one but. I got three phones I'm trying sorry

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I just picked two up and was wondering what the tweezers are for.

Both boxes came with a set of tweezer like devices with 4-5 long rubber pins.

Can anyone tell me what these are used for and why they're there?

It's to help keep your eyelids open so you can stare at nonstop cat videos on YouTube without blinking. Wouldn't you hate missing even a second of feline bliss?

I just picked two up and was wondering what the tweezers are for.

Both boxes came with a set of tweezer like devices with 4-5 long rubber pins.

Can anyone tell me what these are used for and why they're there?

Tips are replacement tips for the s pen and guessing tweezers are for replacing them.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

Tips are replacement tips for the s pen and guessing tweezers are for replacing them.

For when your S Pen is spent...

AJ

Got the Note 3 today on a new AT&T account and the phone is indeed very nice. I didn't like the Note and Note 2 at all. But the Note 3, with its S2 like shape, thinness, and a much, much, much superior back texture (I got the black one), blew me away.

With the Note 2, I hated its slippery and slimy feel. And it just felt too big and cumbersome inside my hand. But not the Note 3. Samsung pulled off an ingenious design with the 3 and I can actually do one-handed operations just fine, of course with extra help from Pie Control, Swipepad, and Samsung's own one-handed mode.

For the next 2 weeks, I'm gonna try it out and will make my decision whether to get the Note 3 on Sprint or wait for the S4.