Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Remember that time when you didn't act like a jerk? Neither do we. I guess you just make up "forum etiquette" and "good practices" as you go.

Kind of ironic that your post comes off more jerkish than the person you are attacking.

I want to make it clear here I speak for me in this post and not for the other mods and writers at S4GRU.

Android Police has done very good reviews in the past. If people have an issue with the work David Ruddock has done, contact him directly. I'll just say reviewing devices is not an easy job and leave it at that.

• Like 1

Shots fired!!!

Kind of ironic that your post comes off more jerkish than the person you are attacking.

Worry not, guys. The person responsible for that post is just the resurrected form of a recently banned member who cursed out the staff in The Forums. He will be dealt with shortly.

AJ

Worry not, guys. The person responsible for that post is just the resurrected form of a recently banned member who cursed out the staff in The Forums. He will be dealt with shortly.

AJ

Seems like we've had a lot of people banned recently, I wonder why that is?

Seems like we've had a lot of people banned recently, I wonder why that is?

It's because the internet attracts idiots with too much time on their hands like a moth to a flame. Until the goverment institutes IQ based screening before allowing breeding to occur, we will be overrun much like in the film documentary, Idiocracy.

That, and no triband and no beer make Homer go something something..

• Like 3

No? Ok put in a tmobile sim and see what happens.

this has been answered in detail already AJ covered it 

and i didnt read far enough back i thought you were talking world phone only not specifically to tmobile or ATT... its more of a maybe anyway its possible to break the blocks its been done in other sprint world phones i just never did get the point 

It's because the internet attracts idiots with too much time on their hands like a moth to a flame. Until the goverment institutes IQ based screening before allowing breeding to occur, we will be overrun much like in the film documentary, Idiocracy.

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear at this point that we just need Tri band to be happy.

"Make homer go crazy?"

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Thank goodness that guy was dealt with.  Don't want to mess up the vibe in this thread.

You made me realize I had no idea what thread I was in after reading the last page.  I had to check. 

So...who else has a note 3?

and i didnt read far enough back i thought you were talking world phone only not specifically to tmobile or ATT... its more of a maybe anyway its possible to break the blocks its been done in other sprint world phones i just never did get the point 

Apparently Sprint thinks there's a point, or they wouldn't go to such lengths to prevent it.

I imagine with Sprint's high turnover rate, they want to keep their phones locked down in hopes that a customer wouldn't potentially find it easy to bring their phone to another carrier.

Apparently Sprint thinks there's a point, or they wouldn't go to such lengths to prevent it.

i meant i dont understand the point of making a sprint phone work on tmobile buy a tmobile phone if you have tmobile.. back when only a few carriers were subsidizing phones or you could get one phone on one network only i see how that seemed usefull but these days flagship carriers rarely get exclusivity anymore and if they are its for like a few weeks... 

I imagine with Sprint's high turnover rate, they want to keep their phones locked down in hopes that a customer wouldn't potentially find it easy to bring their phone to another carrier.

i would imagine that would be part of it i also think that its in the manufacturers best interest as well... make the consumer buy two phones instead of just one... world phone were the exception because usually you paid a premium for being able to use them world wide... 

After more testing, this phone has the best LTE radio compared to ones I've used (gnex, htcone, gs3, gs4, gn2)

I am able to pull 8mbps down and 3mbps up on a -118dbm signal. I just haven't seen that with other devices.

• Like 3

After more testing, this phone has the best LTE radio compared to ones I've used (gnex, htcone, gs3, gs4, gn2)

I am able to pull 8mbps down and 3mbps up on a -118dbm signal. I just haven't seen that with other devices.

How is the wifi connectivity working?  I've read on different forums that apparently Android 4.3 has issues with wifi connectivity in different handsets (Note 3, HTC One, N4,.....)......

I have noticed that it is quicker to drop a weak WiFi signal than my note 2. Couple of times, when in my house, the phone has switched to 4G. This never happened on my Note 2. I do seem to be pulling in 4G better than the N2, however.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

Agreed. In Los Angeles I pulled 26.18 Down and 7.93 up.

No typo. 26. I just hope that eventually comes to where I live and work.

How is the wifi connectivity working? I've read on different forums that apparently Android 4.3 has issues with wifi connectivity in different handsets (Note 3, HTC One, N4,.....)......

I'm using the AT&T Note 3 and there has been no WiFi issues for me.

I just had a 17 hour day with varying signal, three hours screen on time, and I'm still at 56% battery. I even used GPS on the way home without the car charger.  :P

The Note 3 has consistently pulled faster LTE speeds than all other devices I have tested (about a 30% increase compared to GS4). The triband GS5/GN4 are looking to be amazing performers if Samsung keeps this up. I am beyond pleased with this device in case you couldn't tell.  :rofl:

• Like 1