Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Basically you can say KNOX will tell your IT person if you are allowed BYOD that your phone is rooted in which they can reject your use of said device for anything related to company business,

Sprint users experiencing terrible call quality on the Note 3? http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/09/sprint-galaxy-note-3-owners-complain-of-garbling-morphing-popping-and-just-all-around-terrible-call-quality/ Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I've made a few hour long calls and just dialed my voicemail again to test. Crystal clear. I think this might be the case where 1 or 2 people had an actual problem, and then every other Note 3 user in poor Sprint coverage thought it was a great idea to start complaining with everyone else. 

Richmc, have you had any issues?

How is the wifi connectivity working?  I've read on different forums that apparently Android 4.3 has issues with wifi connectivity in different handsets (Note 3, HTC One, N4,.....)......

ive noticed good connectivity for the most part but on rare occassions it will say my wifi is unstable i just reset the wifi connection and that fixes it that happens maybe 3 times in a 24 hour period... and i have written it off as my POS century link router 

the only thing i notice thats an issue with this phone seems to be that if im in a weak signal area and i drop to 1x it tells me there are no mobile signal... and wont even try to open a webpage just says nope... so unless im actually on evdo or lte it wont try... which has been a little annoying...  but thats more a problem with my location than it is of the phone with the exception most other phones would still download on 1x albeit slowly...  

I know better but sprint is the carrier that everyone loves to hate and its going to take a lot of change to win people back over. I don't know if sprint had a choice or not but they should have never let the network degrade the way it was in the first place and people wouldn't complain as much.

People just love jumping on the "blame Sprint" bandwagon as much as middle schoolers making fun of the fat kid during P.E.

the only thing i notice thats an issue with this phone seems to be that if im in a weak signal area and i drop to 1x it tells me there are no mobile signal... and wont even try to open a webpage just says nope... so unless im actually on evdo or lte it wont try... which has been a little annoying...  but thats more a problem with my location than it is of the phone with the exception most other phones would still download on 1x albeit slowly...  

I was roaming on Verizon 1x without any problems out in the middle of nowhere today. 0.12 down, 0.15 up.

I think this is an actual issue. I didn't notice it because I RARELY make phone calls but my phone is suffering from this, as is the other Note 3 on my account.

Neither one of us noticed because we mainly just text and use other messaging apps. We proceeded to call other people on different networks to try to find out where the issue was. It was especially noticeable when we called each other as we're both using note 3s on sprint.

Is this something that could be network related or hardware? Interestingly, when I make calls at home via the airvana there are no popping or crackling sounds.

I'm really hoping it's something that can be fixed with an update as I'd hate to take this phone back.

Edited by glenavo34

I think this is an actual issue. I didn't notice it because I RARELY make phone calls but my phone is suffering from this, as is the other Note 3 on my account.

Neither one of us noticed because we mainly just text and use other messaging apps. We proceeded to call other people on different networks to try to find out where the issue was. It was especially noticeable when we called each other as we're both using note 3s on sprint.

Is this something that could be network related or hardware? Interestingly, when I make calls at home via the airvana there are no popping or crackling sounds.

I'm really hoping it's something that can be fixed with an update as I'd hate to take this phone back.

I just had a 2 hour phone call to another Sprint user in Orlando on a GS4, and I listened very carefully the entire time and I couldn't hear any distortions at all. It sounded like HD voice to me. I wonder if this location dependent, kind of like the Note 2 800mhz issues in Shentel territory.

I'm in southern Ca. Are people outside of California experiencing this problem? It has to be software right?

It's not like the ATT or t mobile versions have different ear speakers or mics compared to Sprint. Not to mention the clear calls I can make using the Airvana.

Sprint users experiencing terrible call quality on the Note 3?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/09/sprint-galaxy-note-3-owners-complain-of-garbling-morphing-popping-and-just-all-around-terrible-call-quality/

I have had a number of calls that at first I thought it was my location but, I remembered my Note 2 worked in that location. So, yes, I have had poor phone calls.

Also the signal is weaker with my Note 3 (non LTE) then my N2. More roaming.

Also at times my WiFi drops out.....(mostly in the evening).

So, please don't just say it's the Sprint haters.

(Not that I'm waving a Sprint flag). :-D

Lateck

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Sprint users experiencing terrible call quality on the Note 3?http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/09/sprint-galaxy-note-3-owners-complain-of-garbling-morphing-popping-and-just-all-around-terrible-call-quality/Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I'll hold off on getting the Note 3 until this is fixed. I have poor Sprint service at home, but they are updating to LTE.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

If this knox thing isn't squared away in the next week, mine goes back. I don't know how that's gonna work considering I gave sprint my GS3 for one up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

What problems are you having with knox? Or are you referring to losing your warranty? I have my Note 3 rooted and everything is working swell for me.

The whole warranty thing. I won't be denied warranty for rooting if my USB port dies or my screen craps out. It's BS.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

How long is the warranty?

One year. If you root and Knox says warranty void, then you have no warranty.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 HD.

Hopefully someone will figure out a way to achieve root without triggering that eFuse Knox trigger permanently.

I would be happy just with root so I can use the Xposed framework, Greenify, Titanium, and a few others. I don't mind TouchWiz so much b/c I just use Hololauncher. :)

• Like 1

My friend sent in his rooted and heavily modded gs4 that was having screen problems, and Samsung didn't say a thing. I don't know if the are going to be jerks about it and deny everyone, or just have it in case they think the damage was done from custom firmware.