Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

It was either that or the current BlackBerry at the time, but it was out of stock and T-Mobile wanted to charge a higher monthly rate for it and being in school, I didn't want to sink my food and gas money into a BlackBerry. I actually sold my Wing on Craigslist and made profit and my manager gave me his old Nokia flip phone while he switched to AT&T to get the first iPhone when it came out.

The concept of handwriting notes seems cool, but I wonder if it works as well as Samsung makes it out to be, then why doesn't anyone else attempt to release their own version of the S pen?

They also improved the software behind it. Yesterday, I needed to write down a new number and input it in my contacts. Instead of having to go into my contacts and various menus to add and save their info I just pulled out my s pen and wrote their info down. This information can then be sent to your contacts list. 

They also improved the software behind it. Yesterday, I needed to write down a new number and input it in my contacts. Instead of having to go into my contacts and various menus to add and save their info I just pulled out my s pen and wrote their info down. This information can then be sent to your contacts list.

That's pretty cool. I remember watching the demo video for the Note 3 and being impressed. If it were available in tri-band, I probably would have gotten one instead of the G2. Unfortunately for Samsung, there are active band 41 towers in my town and there is no way I could justify losing out in the whole tri-band experience.

• Like 1

The audio issues with the Note 3 are a bit disconcerting to me.  I don't understand how this was not figured out prior to release.  It makes me kinda glad that I did not pick up the Note 3.  But then again its hard to say that in hindsight given that the Note 3 was single band LTE and it made it a very easy choice for me to get the G2.

I'm hoping the pink Note 3 will be triband when it's announced next month (per Samsung rep at Best Buy). Regardless, I'll be getting a black one for mom and a pink one for the wifey. :)

I returned my black AT&T Note 3 yesterday. It was cool playing with it for the first 2-3 days but I got bored with it. My S4 is just as fast and more customizable thanks to easy root and multiple Xposed modules. And easier to handle one-handed and to pocket.

I've tried, but I cannot replicate the call quality problems. I've put in 2,000 minutes on my note 3 so far, but all calls have been crystal clear. All my calls originate from the KC area and have landed to all other carriers in various places in the U.S.

Are there any Sprint Note 3 users in Orange County, CA with call issues? I'm gonna be getting 2 Note 3's come January. :)

Are there any Sprint Note 3 users in Orange County, CA with call issues? I'm gonna be getting 2 Note 3's come January. :)

Well I was there two weeks ago for the OC car show and made a couple of calls with no issues.

Sent from my L.A. Cellular phone.

I'm hoping the pink Note 3 will be triband when it's announced next month (per Samsung rep at Best Buy). Regardless, I'll be getting a black one for mom and a pink one for the wifey. :)

I returned my black AT&T Note 3 yesterday. It was cool playing with it for the first 2-3 days but I got bored with it. My S4 is just as fast and more customizable thanks to easy root and multiple Xposed modules. And easier to handle one-handed and to pocket.

You better be praying hard and sacrificing a lamb if you expect a pink color to all of a sudden contain triband LTE support.  Samsung and Sprint are done with hardware modifications to the phone.  All Samsung and Sprint will do at this point is just make maintenance and upgrade software updates.  There is no precedent of any smartphone ever where a later release of a new color of the phone caused a change in the internals of the device.

• Like 1

You better be praying hard and sacrificing a lamb if you expect a pink color to all of a sudden contain triband LTE support. Samsung and Sprint are done with hardware modifications to the phone. All Samsung and Sprint will do at this point is just make maintenance and upgrade software updates. There is no precedent of any smartphone ever where a later release of a new color of the phone caused a change in the internals of the device.

I knew my wording would be confusing for some. The November release date comment was only for the pink, not triband. :P

I knew my wording would be confusing for some. The November release date comment was only for the pink, not triband. :P

Haha..yeah your post is confusing since you talked about an AT&T Note 3 yesterday so I assume you are on AT&T.  If so then why would triband even be an issue in the first place.

I went into Best Buy today and played around with the GN3 that phone is absolutely amazing. I love everything about the phone except the fact that it doesn't have tri band. I wish we had the one up program in Florida because I would definitely purchase this phone then upgrade to the GN4 next year. Any phone is better than the Evo LTE at least in the RF dept.

Haha..yeah your post is confusing since you talked about an AT&T Note 3 yesterday so I assume you are on AT&T. If so then why would triband even be an issue in the first place.

Sorry for the confusion. :) I'm a Sprint subscriber but I signed a 2-yr deal with AT&T to try out the Note 3. My plan was to try out the size to see whether it was compatible with me. I wanted to ''live'' with the phone to get the full experience as opposed to playing with a tied-down store model or briefly playing with a friend's.

I also wanted to have mom & wifey try it out b/c they both have interest (they currently own a E4GT).

The reason I went with AT&T is because I already have 5 lines total under my Sprint account & adding a sixth line would've changed my plan permanently & increase my bill. :P.

AT&T was chosen over Verizon and T-Mobile b/c my corporate discount waives the activation fee and gives a 23% discount.

In the end, I used the Note 3 for 11 days before returning at Best Buy (no restocking fee).

Now I just have to pay for the 11 days of usage. :)

Come January, mom will be gifted a black Note 3 and wifey will buy a pink Note 3, if what the Samsung rep said was correct. :D

Sorry for the confusion. :) I'm a Sprint subscriber but I signed a 2-yr deal with AT&T to try out the Note 3. My plan was to try out the size to see whether it was compatible with me. I wanted to ''live'' with the phone to get the full experience as opposed to playing with a tied-down store model or briefly playing with a friend's.

I also wanted to have mom & wifey try it out b/c they both have interest (they currently own a E4GT).

The reason I went with AT&T is because I already have 5 lines total under my Sprint account & adding a sixth line would've changed my plan permanently & increase my bill. :P.

AT&T was chosen over Verizon and T-Mobile b/c my corporate discount waives the activation fee and gives a 23% discount.

In the end, I used the Note 3 for 11 days before returning at Best Buy (no restocking fee).

Now I just have to pay for the 11 days of usage. :)

Come January, mom will be gifted a black Note 3 and wifey will buy a pink Note 3, if what the Samsung rep said was correct. :D

This is why devices cost so much.

• Like 1

This is why devices cost so much.

I doubt it. If Sprint didn't change the plans on me after introducing the One Up program, I would've just opened up a 6th line.

More importantly, I discovered through real-world usage that the Note 3 isn't compatible with me.

And there are hundreds and thousands of other products out there that cost more than a Note 3 where consumers have a 30 days return protection on.

I saw on Youtube you can kind of bump the  screen over to a side and shrink it town to a one hand size. How does that work out in use? I hope they put that in the next 2 update too.

I saw on Youtube you can kind of bump the screen over to a side and shrink it town to a one hand size. How does that work out in use? I hope they put that in the next 2 update too.

It's a setting one can activate in Settings. Once turned on, one uses a swipe gesture to activate. It took me some tries to get used to it but it works rather well.

• Like 1

Wow just saw this on Twitter. Check out @sprintcare's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/391735974381621248 basically a sprint care rep telling people that note 3 will support 800 and 1900? Did I miss something or are they giving out bad info?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Wow just saw this on Twitter. Check out @sprintcare's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/391735974381621248 basically a sprint care rep telling people that note 3 will support 800 and 1900? Did I miss something or are they giving out bad info?

Unless I really missed something in that tweet I would assume that they are talking about voice and not lte.

Unless I really missed something in that tweet I would assume that they are talking about voice and not lte.

Check out @sprintcare's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/392020002091450368 the way its worded is very misleading then. To me its reads it will work on both voice and data on 800 and 1900. Either way just sharing I trust the info on here more than there.

Check out @sprintcare's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/392020002091450368 the way its worded is very misleading then. To me its reads it will work on both voice and data on 800 and 1900. Either way just sharing I trust the info on here more than there.

Oh ok LOL, well it definitely looks like they are saying that it supports lte on 800 but we already know that's not the case. Someone needs to call them out on that tweet.

Check out @sprintcare's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/392020002091450368 the way its worded is very misleading then. To me its reads it will work on both voice and data on 800 and 1900. Either way just sharing I trust the info on here more than there.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

You can get voice and data on the 800 mhz frequency, as long as you don't mind checking your email on 1x...

Well, the Note 3 does support EV-DO 800.  Sprint just has not and will not deploy it.

Additionally, far too many sources confuse Cellular 850 MHz with SMR 800 MHz.

AJ