Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Hopefully someone will figure out a way to achieve root without triggering that eFuse Knox trigger permanently.

I would be happy just with root so I can use the Xposed framework, Greenify, Titanium, and a few others. I don't mind TouchWiz so much b/c I just use Hololauncher. :)

I have heard that there is a Root out there. I never heard about this eFuse till I read about it here (it is real).

So I think that we might be OK....???

Lateck,

Hopefully someone will figure out a way to achieve root without triggering that eFuse Knox trigger permanently.

I would be happy just with root so I can use the Xposed framework, Greenify, Titanium, and a few others. I don't mind TouchWiz so much b/c I just use Hololauncher. :)

I rooted my phone on Friday (#yolo). I have insurance on my phone so if something happens, I'm covered.

http://www.squaretrade.com/ is a good alternative to Asurion.

We aren't Ok if we want to keep warranty and root. You can go to the general Note3 or Sprint Note3 discussions on xda and read all about it. Somewhere in the multiple threads is the response from Samsung stating that having the Knox counter tripped does void your warranty. So unless someone can find a way around tripping the counter, your choices are root and loose warranty (we still don't know how this will effect those of us that did the one up) or stay unrooted and keep warranty.

sent from Note 3 now Free

...your choices are root and loose warranty (we still don't know how this will effect those of us that did the one up) or stay unrooted and keep warranty.

Yes, "loose" the dogs of warranty...

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Looks they are finding a way around knox already! That didnt take too long. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2479952

A word of caution that this workaround to not trigger the Knox flag is only for the initial root. Flashing a custom recovery and/or custom Rom after this root workaround still triggers the Knox flag to increase as listed in the FAQ.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

A word of caution that this workaround to not trigger the Knox flag is only for the initial root. Flashing a custom recovery and/or custom Rom after this root workaround still triggers the Knox flag to increase as listed in the FAQ.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Good to know. Hopefully it just gets better from here.

Granted I did not read the whole thread, but it appears it doesn't cover the 900P. Agree?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

At this point, no...but it will come to the Sprint version eventually.

I got the tmo note 3 (yeah boo hiss etc :blush:  )  and I noticed the calls over wifi app has some voice quality issues on outbound calls i.e. it turns your into alvin and the chipmunks. The wifes s4 doesn't. Skype is ok. Weird but survivable, it will probably get fixed at some point. Not sure if it is in any way related to the sprint issue with voice.

The note 3 is a hell of a beastly phone, it's surpassed my expectations. I know the screen has a wider gamut than LCD which puts some people off (completely understand why) but it's glorious for watching clips and works pretty well for impromptu portfolio displaying. I had played with samoled screens in the shop (hated the older blue dots on white background issue) but I'm liking this a lot. This is about the closest a phone has been to my htc X7500 for a long time. Now if only I could get me an updated x9500.

Follow up: I called Sprint about my call quality and WiFi issues.

The Rep admitted they know about the call quality and are working on that.

He then said I need to have my WiFi antenna checked at a Sprint store.....And I should do it soon as I am still in my 14 day return window....??

I maybe should have waited, but I love the N3.... Will have to weather the issues and hope they are only software problems that can be fixed.

Lateck,

I have this cockamamie theory that since the Note 3 had the tribands radio (as per some of the images in the web) and Samsung for some reason decided to remove them at the last minute before deployment, that due to the lack of the extra radios is what probably causing this snap crackle and pop issue with the Note 3 on Sprint. 

it would be funny if the only way around this fix is to include them and thus recalling all the current phones for ones that are triband enhanced. I know, i know wishful thinking, but hey one can dream.

Speaking of the Note 3, I know s4g have hashed it out on the merits of a triband phone and why it makes sense getting a tri-band phone as oppose to a uni-band phone like the Note 3, but I know that some didn't care about that.

So who still has one, or plans on getting one. Fess up folks.  :D 

I won't lie, I did plan on getting it, but with the latest snap/pop issue, I am holding up.

TS

Speaking of the Note 3, I know s4g have hashed it out on the merits of a triband phone and why it makes sense getting a tri-band phone as oppose to a uni-band phone like the Note 3, but I know that some didn't care about that.

So who still has one, or plans on getting one. Fess up folks.  :D 

I won't lie, I did plan on getting it, but with the latest snap/pop issue, I am holding up.

TS

These forums persuaded me from buying a uni-band phone at this stage in the NV rollout.  4 of the 5 lines on my account were eligible for upgrades.  I was set on getting a Note 3 for at least one of those.  But with no tri-band and reported call quality issues I looked elsewhere.  Got one iPhone 5s and preordered a LG G2 last night.

I got 1. It is fun, fast, great screen, and no noticeable change in call quality. Please note I am in San Diego county, California; which 800 will not be up for a bit due to interference with Mexico (another thread deals with this). I am happy to have upgraded from a N2. I noticed that I can group text and respond, which I was unable to do on the N2. Not sure if this was an option be but unselected.

Sent from my tiny N3

I got 1. It is fun, fast, great screen, and no noticeable change in call quality. Please note I am in San Diego county, California; which 800 will not be up for a bit due to interference with Mexico (another thread deals with this). I am happy to have upgraded from a N2. I noticed that I can group text and respond, which I was unable to do on the N2. Not sure if this was an option be but unselected.

Sent from my tiny N3

I didn't have that option with the E4GT but noticed my S4 and Note 3 can.

These forums persuaded me from buying a uni-band phone at this stage in the NV rollout.  4 of the 5 lines on my account were eligible for upgrades.  I was set on getting a Note 3 for at least one of those.  But with no tri-band and reported call quality issues I looked elsewhere.  Got one iPhone 5s and preordered a LG G2 last night.

I sort of like that LG G2 as well as the upcoming HTC One Max, but the killer for me is lack of S-Pen type stylus.

TS out

I had a T-Mobile Wing which had a stylus and overall, the phone was a piece of shit. After that, a stylus never really appealed to me much. I can see writing quick notes with it could be useful, but with how rare I see that happening, it just isn't a headline feature for me. I found that for a quick note, simply using my index finger works just as well.

I had a T-Mobile Wing which had a stylus and overall, the phone was a piece of shit. After that, a stylus never really appealed to me much. I can see writing quick notes with it could be useful, but with how rare I see that happening, it just isn't a headline feature for me. I found that for a quick note, simply using my index finger works just as well.

LOL, bad example.  The wing was a windows mobile device, just about all windows mobile devices came with a stylus.  There was no way you could have used those devices back then without a stylus, thats what made hardware keyboards and d-pads valuable at the time.  

LOL, bad example. The wing was a windows mobile device, just about all windows mobile devices came with a stylus. There was no way you could have used those devices back then without a stylus, thats what made hardware keyboards and d-pads valuable at the time.

It was either that or the current BlackBerry at the time, but it was out of stock and T-Mobile wanted to charge a higher monthly rate for it and being in school, I didn't want to sink my food and gas money into a BlackBerry. I actually sold my Wing on Craigslist and made profit and my manager gave me his old Nokia flip phone while he switched to AT&T to get the first iPhone when it came out.

The concept of handwriting notes seems cool, but I wonder if it works as well as Samsung makes it out to be, then why doesn't anyone else attempt to release their own version of the S pen?

So who still has one, or plans on getting one. Fess up folks. :D

TS

I got one day of release. Uniband is working fine for me and I am loving the phone. I am lucky in that I have not experienced any issues that others are reporting. Only thing different for me is thst this is the longest I have went without rooting.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The concept of handwriting notes seems cool, but I wonder if it works as well as Samsung makes it out to be, then why doesn't anyone else attempt to release their own version of the S pen?

I'm old school and I used a PDA (Palm) a lot. Loved it, miss it.

So, to me, the Note 2~3 are more PDA's then phones. The N3 being closer to the PDAs I loved. So Samsung IS making this feature great.

Lateck,