Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

A pretty funny comparison video between iphone 5s and note 3.

Pretty true , except in our case the note 3 suffers mono band-leosis , which symptoms include loss of LTE signal in tunnels , subways , basements , and any building with thick walls, the doctor only gives it another 2 years max life span... It's a crippling illness , But there is a vaccine in the works , one that sprint says will help any future Phones made in 2014 Edited by Deverauxman

After I found out its not tridand I stopped following this so forgive me if its been covered.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Problems: European And American Models Are Region Locked

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-problems-european-american-models-are-region-locked-1411342

Android central answers this well..

'Unlocked' EU and American Note 3s only region-locked if you first 'activate' them with an unapproved SIM —​ and even then, there's a way back

http://m.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-3-region-lock-more-details-emerge

• Like 1

Kinda cheesy...  turned into a bunch of numbers.  Gotta be quick and to the point with comedy and not drag it out.

I just had that conversation at work yesterday.. With exception that the iPhone fan didn't know any of the numbers.. They would say why their iPhone was great and new.. And I'd explain why it's not. Back and forth all night... It was fun for me... Everyone else maybe not lol

Iphone fans remind me of Pittsburgh steelers fans trying to explain how their team is so great yet still 0-3

Android central answers this well..

'Unlocked' EU and American Note 3s only region-locked if you first 'activate' them with an unapproved SIM —​ and even then, there's a way back

http://m.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-3-region-lock-more-details-emerge

Good info.

Like I said I really don't follow this much anymore as the 3 is off my wishlist because of the lack of 800 and 2600 LTE.

Good info.

Like I said I really don't follow this much anymore as the 3 is off my wishlist because of the lack of 800 and 2600 LTE.

I understand.. It's a bummer for me as well... Though the world phone for me and my situation in the coming year or so works well... I think I'll get it on the one up program

I have at least 3 trips planned to Europe in the next year.. And lte is still in its infancy in phx.. In 12 months I can upgrade with the one up... So by then to a tridand phone.. It's also nice my normal upgrade isn't till February so getting a phone 5 months sooner is a win win win... But yes im still bummed about no trip band... But... For me right now not my number one priority...

Kinda cheesy...  turned into a bunch of numbers.  Gotta be quick and to the point with comedy and not drag it out.

Not "cheesy" -- I hate the non culinary use of that word, by the way.

Rather, the video is obviously a take off on the famous iPhone 4 vs HTC EVO Xtranormal video from three years ago.  It repeats the iPhoners common refrain of "I don't care" unless it is an iPhone.

http://goanimate.com/video-maker-tips/saying-goodbye-to-xtranormal/

AJ

• Like 1

Not "cheesy" -- I hate the non culinary use of that word, by the way.

Rather, the video is obviously a take off on the famous iPhone 4 vs HTC EVO Xtranormal video from three years ago. It repeats the iPhoners common refrain of "I don't care" unless it is an iPhone.

http://goanimate.com/video-maker-tips/saying-goodbye-to-xtranormal/

AJ

Would corny have worked? Errrr... Well I could have said the word for excrement but that could have been the same as well depending on the individual ;)

Now, the iphone4 vs EVO LTE was spot on funny! Wish someone would do one like that for the 5.

• Like 1

Looks as though Lenovo is going to be bringing a smart phone to the US.  The Vibe Z has pretty solid spec's (rumor) and also a 5.5" screen.

If it comes to Sprint and it's tri-band, this could be a very suitable replacement to the Note 3 enthusiasts who were disappointed in the LTE support.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/lenovo-vibe-z-and-vibe-x-announced/

This is just a rumor of course...  Someone in my state of WI in our forums has been in contact with a Samsung engineer that does testing.  Supposedly their test vehicle(s) will be getting LTE 800 equipment soon.  WI isn't a fully developed market, either.  So very likely LTE 800 will be available sooner than some may think!

So having to wait 2 years to take advantage of it, signing a contract for the Note 3, would be a mistake :(

If the Note 3 can be used as a world phone with sim cards?

Could you potentially use a tmobile month by month sim or boost mobile type pay as you go plan?

That is, could one use another service provider besides sprint with a sprint branded note 3 in the united states or would it only work with international sim cards?

Could you potentially use a tmobile month by month sim or boost mobile type pay as you go plan?

That is, could one use another service provider besides sprint with a sprint branded note 3 in the united states or would it only work with international sim cards?

Samsung is pretty good at blocking this for sprint. It may work at some point and it may not.

I've has the same thought. I am committed to Sprint, but I'd love to have an AT&T prepaid SIM in the phone while waiting for their NV build in Phoenix to be completed.

I ended up buying a nexus 7 w/LTE and I carry both the tablet and my phone around currently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

No mention of LTE radios though..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Single band LTE.

The Galaxy Note 3 has already shipped to some stores, and is going to be sold on Friday.  It is impractical to suggest the devices they are about to sell haven't passed through the FCC. The article below goes over the FCC filing for Sprint's GN3.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-353-for-sprints-samsung-galaxy-note-3-one-is-the-loneliest-number/

• Like 1

So is there a reason why Sprint lists this: GSM: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1,800MHz and 1,900MHz; HSPA+/UMTS: 1,900MHz and 2,100MHz; Data roaming: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+ and WCDMA ?

Is that merely referencing the international capabilities?

Since it lists GSM, can it take a ATT sim card or Tmobile sim card for a monthly plan?

I may get a N3. The battery is better than the speculation of Nexus 5. Screen is bigger and so on. The only downer is 1 band of LTE. In San Diego, I am thinking it may not be a bad choice for 1 Year. My thought is that I could pass the phone to one of my other accounts whrn something I like better comes along.

sent from the tiny N2

Since it lists GSM, can it take a ATT sim card or Tmobile sim card for a monthly plan?

No.  Your question was already answered above.  Did you not see that post?

AJ