All Sprint acquisition discussion (was "Japan's Softbank in talks for $12.8 bln Sprint stake")

kckid

"Starburst" and "Saturn"? The Sprint-uh-Bank deal took on a bit of cloak and dagger.

http://www.reuters.c...E8LH6M420121017

These two paragraphs show why I am optimistic about the Sprint-Softbank deal:

Son and Hesse - an AT&T veteran with a fondness for sporting metaphors who got to know Son years ago when the Softbank chief invested in his telecom start-up Terabeam - had a relationship of trust that smoothed the talks, sources said.

"Personally, there was a very positive chemistry between Masa and Dan," a source in Japan said, noting both are hands-on managers who also take the long view about their firms' future.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Oh, man, xcharles is going to need some tissues, maybe even a fresh set of drawers after he see this Kevin Fitchard article.

Why we love the Sprint-Softbank deal: The TV ads

AJ

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S., Bloomberg News reported Tuesday, citing a person familiar with the matter.

The person told Bloomberg that the CFIUS, Softbank and Sprint reached an agreement after the deal was reviewed.

Full story at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-28/softbank-said-close-to-national-security-approval-for-sprint.html

• Like 4

Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S., Bloomberg News reported Tuesday, citing a person familiar with the matter.

The person told Bloomberg that the CFIUS, Softbank and Sprint reached an agreement after the deal was reviewed.

Full story at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-28/softbank-said-close-to-national-security-approval-for-sprint.html

Mr. Ergen must be shaking in his boots.  I wonder what press release he is stirring up right now to downplay this news to be release to the media tomorrow.  The main hurdle still in the Sprint/Softbank/Cleawire merger is the voting approval of the Clearwire transaction on Fri, 5/31.

• Like 2

Crest getting almost as desperate as Charlie. I suppose they feel that they have to try, but these jokers aren't going to get the asking price that they think they deserve.

• Like 1

Crest getting almost as desperate as Charlie. I suppose they feel that they have to try, but these jokers aren't going to get the asking price that they think they deserve.

They reached Dish's level when they tried to get Comcast, Bright House, and Intel's voting rights rejected. 

They have filed almost as many documents as Dish has. 

The FCC and DOJ have been pushing for more competition to prevent the further rise of the duopoly. A strong Sprint is probably their best option, at least until Tmobile can get and deploy some lower band spectrum. 

They are just disrupting Sprint/Softbank's plans for Clearwire, who has a few shareholders who refuse to sell to Sprint, however they have not stolen Sprint.  We will see what Sprint/Softbank decide to do, however,  Do not expect Softbank to run, because of Ergen's trolling. In both cases, once the FCC approvals the deal, Softbank will have the edge of not needing regulatory approval or Sprint approval and being able to close in weeks, instead of months. 

• Like 1

Barring any future unknown issues, i see Sprint/SoftBank getting approval and closing this Summer.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Barring any future unknown issues, i see Sprint/SoftBank getting approval and closing this Summer.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If it happens on July 16th, I'll consider it my birthday present!!        You hear me FCC???!  :lol:

• Like 3

I wonder which one of Ergen's lemmings got to Egan -Jones and what they promised them...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-31/softbank-sprint-deal-opposed-by-shareholder-adviser-egan-jones.html

Ergen is that villain that makes big promises to get you to give him what he wants..... and when he gets his way, he laughs and shoots you in the face

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

I wonder which one of Ergen's lemmings got to Egan -Jones and what they promised them...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-31/softbank-sprint-deal-opposed-by-shareholder-adviser-egan-jones.html

Ergen is that villain that makes big promises to get you to give him what he wants..... and when he gets his way, he laughs and shoots you in the face

I think I have come up with a great compromise.  Let's have Softbank purchase both Sprint and Dish ($17.5b current market cap) for a combined $39B ($21.5b for Sprint and $17.5b for Dish) and then send old Captain Howdy packing his bags for good as CEO and Chairman while having his shares bought out from under him. 

• Like 1

I think I have come up with a great compromise. Let's have Softbank purchase both Sprint and Dish ($17.5b current market cap) for a combined $39B ($21.5b for Sprint and $17.5b for Dish) and then send old Captain Howdy packing his bags for good as CEO and Chairman while having his shares bought out from under him.

Man, I wish!! Not sure Dish is worth that though

Man, I wish!! Not sure Dish is worth that though

The premium purchase price is to head off the greedy ones who wish to artificially inflate the stock prices in order to claim they getting screwed over in a deal (think clearwire here)

Lol, I don't believe enough of Dish's stock is publicly available to purchase. Although, that would be an awesome move for SB.

I move to have Charlie removed from the board due to a loss of faith in his leadership and ability to responsibly carry out his duties given his (pending) mental health conditions.  LOL

• Like 3