All Sprint acquisition discussion (was "Japan's Softbank in talks for $12.8 bln Sprint stake")

kckid

I still feel that once both the T-Mobile/MetroPCS and the Sprint/SoftBank deals are finalized, approved, and done, that Sprint will go after T-Mobile/MetroPCS sometime in 2013-14. Much like what SoftBank wanted to do at the beginning of this year but talks fell through.

Either way, I feel this is good.

TS

I still feel that once both the T-Mobile/MetroPCS and the Sprint/SoftBank deals are finalized, approved, and done, that Sprint will go after T-Mobile/MetroPCS sometime in 2013-14. Much like what SoftBank wanted to do at the beginning of this year but talks fell through.

Either way, I feel this is good.

TS

You're not the only one who is expecting this. I predict that we'll see quad-band LTE phones from Sprint + T-Mobile within four years (PCS + AWS + SMR + BRS/EBS TD), and at that point we'll be looking at a company that's roughly the size of AT&T or Verizon. That company will probably have rolled in CricKet and MetroPCS by that point to gain a little extra spectrum, too.

Of course, that means that you'll have three legacy networks running on PCS + AWS (GSM, H+, CDMA) but putting aside 30x30 FD for legacy networks (10x10 in PCS and AWS for DC-H+, 5x5 in PCS for GSM, 5x5 in PCS for CDMA) isn't such a big deal when you've got 20x20 in AWS and 30x30 in PCS.

for ks-man

[/size][/font][/color]

So either you take the offer, or you keep your shares which will be converted to whatever the 30% remaining of the new stock.

As far as your options, I believe it will be as mentioned earlier, if you still have them at the time of conversion, they will be executed for the strike price and you will no longer own them. Your remaining shares will be your sell for offer, or keep in whatever dilution of the new company stock.

Thanks. I was also just reading the release. So it sounds like you can either sell for $7.30 or else have your shares converted to New Sprint when the deal closes with existing shareholders owning 30% of New Sprint. With the deal closing in mid 2013 shares of Sprint will trade until the deal closes so my Jan Calls shouldn't be affected. I'll just keep half my shares against the calls and decide what I want to do with the other half (either taking the price or owning some New Sprint).

Busy day in the world of telecom...

http://www.bloomberg...ombination.html

Just seeing that this article was written a few days ago. I must have missed that.

Edit again, I see, here is a different (newer) lawsuit:

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/10/metropcs-shareholders-file-suit-to-block-deutsche-telekom-merger/

I wonder how much of a limitation Sprint's financial situation has been on the NV pace, vs other constraints. Using the money to speed up NV would seem like a wise use of their new resources. If Softbank is looking to take on the AT&T/VZW behemoth, they can't even begin to think about that until NV is substantially complete. But even if they decided they did want to throw money at it to speed it up, were Sprint's resource constraints really the holdup? Or do the other factors, such as equipment availability, qualified contractor availability, planning lead times, permits, other local regulatory headaches, and even the damn birds the bigger constraining factors?

I wonder how much of a limitation Sprint's financial situation has been on the NV pace, vs other constraints. Using the money to speed up NV would seem like a wise use of their new resources. If Softbank is looking to take on the AT&T/VZW behemoth, they can't even begin to think about that until NV is substantially complete. But even if they decided they did want to throw money at it to speed it up, were Sprint's resource constraints really the holdup? Or do the other factors, such as equipment availability, qualified contractor availability, planning lead times, permits, other local regulatory headaches, and even the damn birds the bigger constraining factors?

I don't think that Sprint's financial situation has been the main constraint on NV - I think there is just a finite number of RF engineers, contractors, negotiators, etc - all of those things that you mentioned. If Sprint could speed up deployment of NV I think they would do it... they save on roaming, they have happier customers, they save on power consumption with the consolidation of the IDEN and CDMA networks and the new equipment. Sprint has EVERY reason to want NV to go as quickly as possible, because the more quickly it's deployed the more quickly they can really start earning money back on it.

As much as I like Otosan, and hope he or his cousin begin making commercials here, I don't see Old Sprint becoming SoftBank.

I still think the obvious combining of SPrint = softbANK is SPANK... :D

spank_logo_640.png

• Like 6

BTW, since New Sprint is to be a holding company with Sprint being a carrier it owns, would it maybe be possible to somehow stuff a controlling interest in Clearwire into the holding company, rather than having it be a part of Sprint, and by doing that keeping the Clearwire spectrum from being considered as belonging to Sprint? Might be a good reason for having the holding company that one can put multiple other companies under, eh? <_<

• Like 1

If USCC can make money providing wireless service in rural Nebraska then Sprint can as well (of course after they acquire USCC). Why are you so selfish:)?

Did you know that Sprint's roaming bill was $1B in 2010 or 2011. Anything that will reduce that bill, I'm all for it.

USCC has a decent POSTPAID subscriber base and coverage that would dovetail perfectly.

What should they do, go after Cricket?

Softbanks ambitions seem to go beyond Sprint & Clearwire.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

USCC has a decent POSTPAID subscriber base and coverage that would dovetail perfectly.

What should they do, go after Cricket?

Softbanks ambitions seem to go beyond Sprint & Clearwire.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

U.S. T-MetroSpricketwire?

• Like 2

That would be a unique logo!

Looks like we need a new thread dedicated to logo designs for U.S. T-MetroSpricketwire ..... CONTEST BEGINS NOW, hell I'll even put up a prize for the winner. (iTunes/Play store gift card perhaps?)

• Like 1

"Starburst" and "Saturn"? The Sprint-uh-Bank deal took on a bit of cloak and dagger.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/17/sprint-softbank-dealmaking-idUSL3E8LH6M420121017

AJ

• Like 7

"Starburst" and "Saturn"? The Sprint-uh-Bank deal took on a bit of cloak and dagger.

http://www.reuters.c...E8LH6M420121017

AJ

I prefer to sheath my daggers and not just cloak them, but I am no samurai