Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

No, certainly not. Not big enough. I think those are related to the T-Mobile gear.

Alcatel Lucent 800 RRUs look the ones up top here.

scU9PKU.jpg

OH i see. Since the 800Mhz port is connected pretty much doesn't mean much. Thanks for the reply.

I can't figure out what is going on there... why or what it's hooked up to. 

Will take more snap shots of different sectors.  it may help solve this mystery.   ;)

Guest DigiClaws

It only makes sense for Sprint to convert "strategically placed" IDEN towers to NV where there is terrible site spacing or lack of coverage. For instance, the old IDEN tower at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in NW Fort Worth has been converted to a 3g NV tower. Not sure about any other IDEN towers around the country.

It only makes sense for Sprint to convert "strategically placed" IDEN towers to NV where there is terrible site spacing or lack of coverage. For instance, the old IDEN tower at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in NW Fort Worth has been converted to a 3g NV tower. Not sure about any other IDEN towers around the country.

There are several that were converted in San Diego and many more nationwide.  I think there will be more sites getting converted to NV or possibly getting TDD-LTE because of Softbank.

one question that i've been trying to search to get answered is the old iden network now that the softbank and clear mergers are complete is sprint going to repurpose a iden only tower to NV if so do we know how many and where they are 

I know of at least one tower in Houston that was converted.

Picking up 1x800 in Franklin, TN

And we are picking up an unnecessarily massive screenshot.

;)

AJ

• Like 6

I can't imagine the voice quality being all that great  :P

I've found with some voice loopback tests that on my Note2 the threshold for voice seems to be around -103ish.  Sometimes even if I try to make a call at -102 or worse it will hand off to a closer legacy site. 

Just ported from USCC to Sprint My Way Plan here in Chicago earlier this week.

Selected the Moto X at corporate store.

Gave them my house street address where the claimed the data service was 4G LTE.

Out on the street in front of my house signal was LTE,

Speedtest showed 57 ms latency and 4mb/sec downloads.

Walked inoto the house: 1st floor, which is double masonary construction: 1 bar 3G signal,

120 ms latency, download speeds <300 kb/sec.

Now I walk upstairs where the construction is frame and voila: 4G signal just like outside the house

Now I know that the Moto X is 1900 mHz LTE only.

Will the launch of 800 mHz here in Chicago is there any chance the 1900 mHz signal will improve to allow 4G to penetrate the walls of the masonary part of the home?

Or am I better off swapping to a dual band device like the I-Phone 5S to catch the 800 mHz signal when it goes live?

Thanks to all in advance.

-snip snip-

Here's the Chicago thread where local Chicago folks may help answer your questions.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1084-network-visionlte-chicago-market/

In summary - no company can guarantee in door coverage as you can see just by how two different building materials can offer such drastic differences in receptions. What can help you though is LTE 800 which has much better propagation characteristics compared to PCS and may provide you with some coverage inside depending on just how badly that masonry affects RF.

But yes, LTE 800 would help out substantially as you get EVDO 3G (albeit barely) which should translate to at least half decent LTE 800 coverage at the same spot from the same tower. 

Here's the Chicago thread where local Chicago folks may help answer your questions.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1084-network-visionlte-chicago-market/

In summary - no company can guarantee in door coverage as you can see just by how two different building materials can offer such drastic differences in receptions. What can help you though is LTE 800 which has much better propagation characteristics compared to PCS and may provide you with some coverage inside depending on just how badly that masonry affects RF.

But yes, LTE 800 would help out substantially as you get EVDO 3G (albeit barely) which should translate to at least half decent LTE 800 coverage at the same spot from the same tower. 

Thanks LiloTimz