Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I doubt LTE 800 is running in New Orleans as they haven't even lit any 1x800 in the metro area of New Orleans yet. Only distant 1x800 sites from the Northshore have been picked up.

That's why I said and maybe NO - I know we know Robert mentioned Montana for sure, but I couldn't remember for sure what the second fit was. I had thought it might be NO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

That's why I said and maybe NO - I know we know Robert mentioned Montana for sure, but I couldn't remember for sure what the second fit was. I had thought it might be NO.

The Ericsson Band 26 FIT was slated to be in the New Orleans market and run concurrent with Samsung's Montana Band 26 FIT. I did get confirmation of the Montana FIT, but never the NOLA one. I also never heard of any ALU Band 26 FIT either.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Does anyone have any update on the IBEZ issue? Are there any upcoming meetings or votes? Do we have an idea when things may be resolved?

I don't think anything will happen in 2013 at all.

The Ericsson Band 26 FIT was slated to be in the New Orleans market and run concurrent with Samsung's Montana Band 26 FIT. I did get confirmation of the Montana FIT, but never the NOLA one. I also never heard of any ALU Band 26 FIT either.

Do they need to have FITs before they can start deploying?

Do they need to have FITs before they can start deploying?

No, but some of our readers have fits if Sprint is not deploying quickly enough to suit them, and then we have to kick their asses, Jean Gary Diablo style.

AJ

• Like 5

I believe Robert isn't getting the reports on 800 acceptance like he is lte and 3g. So its up to us the community to find them. On that same note the S4gru crew isn't going to change color on the map unless there is very good facts that a site is truly turned on and it is in fact that site and not another one close  by.

I believe Robert isn't getting the reports on 800 acceptance like he is lte and 3g. So its up to us the community to find them. On that same note the S4gru crew isn't going to change color on the map unless there is very good facts that a site is truly turned on and it is in fact that site and not another one close by.

I get 800 reports typically every week. And they largely seem to be in Samsung and Shentel areas only the past six months.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I had a question about how long from starting broadcasting on public prl to accepted? I have 5 towers close to live going on 3 weeks and 4 near cranberry pa going on 2 weeks. Does the towers which were suppose to be GMO with no 800 have something to do with that?

Is this site 800Mhz? This site has been broadcasting LTE for months.  If it is indeed the 800Mhz port connected, would be first confirmed 800Mhz site in San Diego...?

Who's gear is on the bottom rack? It was never there last week.  Is it TDD-LTE gear?

1DiFMKc.jpg

Is this site 800Mhz? This site has been broadcasting LTE for months. If it is indeed the 800Mhz port connected, would be first confirmed 800Mhz site in San Diego...?

Who's gear is on the bottom rack? It was never there last week. Is it TDD-LTE gear?

Posted Image

Even if it's connected it can't be broadcasting... San Diego is in the IBEZ.

Even if it's connected it can't be broadcasting... San Diego is in the IBEZ.

I have been to over 20 sites in San Diego, they are not connected and capped off... Who's gear is on the bottom?

Actually no no no. That's Sprint PCS ALU RRUs. Those are T-mobile Nokia Siemens Networks FLEXI RRUs and antenna.

Forgot SoCal was ALU... :P

Then T-Mobile actively expanding its network.

Does it seem right for port 800Mhz to be connected?  If you follow the cable down, it goes to the smaller RRU which is mounted behind the T-Mobile antenna.

Its the first site of its kind in San Diego..  I have verified many sites in San Diego and 800Mhz are all capped off.

Does it seem right for port 800Mhz to be connected?  If you follow the cable down, it goes to the smaller RRU which is mounted behind the T-Mobile antenna.

Its the first site of its kind in San Diego..  I have verified many sites in San Diego and 800Mhz are all capped off.

I don't see an 800 RRU. Only PCS. 

Aren't those small ones in the background 800 RRU?

No, certainly not. Not big enough. I think those are related to the T-Mobile gear.

-- on second look, I can't figure out what those small ones are, still don't think they're part of the Sprint gear --

Alcatel Lucent 800 RRUs look the ones up top here.

scU9PKU.jpg

• Like 1