Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

No loose 800 here.. Sprint keeps it tight as there isn't much spectrum there to play with and be loose. ;)

Yes, the higher priority PRL could cause issues for some as you can find yourself on fringe when there is a perfect PCS signal there from a non 1x800 enabled site. The higher priority PRL is more for folks to use for hunting down 1x800 sites in their area.

ok ok what can I say I DROID you auto correct:)

All I can say is it is kinda neet to see what towers are updated and not putting out 4 g yet

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Found some 800Mhz here in San Antonio, woo! Wish I would have caught the address on the map link in signalcheck.

0yoG1aIl.png

IdvNU6Pl.jpg

That range...

Am I seeing this correctly? You picked up an 800 tower from 33 min driving range away? I was curious to see if anyone knew how much farther away you could access them.

Am I seeing this correctly? You picked up an 800 tower from 33 min driving range away? I was curious to see if anyone knew how much farther away you could access them.

42 miles and 100% verified as I drove to the site the next day and the basestation ID was the same with 800SMR on.

• Like 4

Hopefully the ibez issues can be resolved so we can get some of that in our area. The Buffalo/Niagara Falls have some good native coverage but also a lot of roaming coverage. I'm sure this would solve those issues. If we're ever allowed to have it that is.

Hopefully the ibez issues can be resolved so we can get some of that in our area. The Buffalo/Niagara Falls have some good native coverage but also a lot of roaming coverage. I'm sure this would solve those issues. If we're ever allowed to have it that is.

It would be nice to solve the Canadian IBEZ issue there but I haven't heard any news about Sprint and the FCC talking to Canadian officials about how to work that issue out.  The Mexcian IBEZ issue has been a work in progress but it is still going to be a few years before that issue is cleared.

It would be nice to solve the Canadian IBEZ issue there but I haven't heard any news about Sprint and the FCC talking to Canadian officials about how to work that issue out.  The Mexcian IBEZ issue has been a work in progress but it is still going to be a few years before that issue is cleared.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but wouldn't Sprint be able to transmit 800SMR on directional antennas facing away from the border? It wouldn't be ideal from a coverage perspective, but it should help. Plus consumer devices put out way less RF than the towers anyway, so our phones would be less likely to interfere with anything on the other side.

Holy shishkabobs, 42 miles? Suddenly that fringe signal I get driving down the road 4 miles away doesn't seem so fringe anymore. If LTE is even half that strong, I can see a warm cozy blanket of LTE goodness coming soon.

• Like 1

Holy shishkabobs, 42 miles? Suddenly that fringe signal I get driving down the road 4 miles away doesn't seem so fringe anymore. If LTE is even half that strong, I can see a warm cozy blanket of LTE goodness coming soon.

Actually, scratch my last post. I think I understand why the IBEZ zone is as big as it is now.

• Like 1

Plus, I have heard others say that even if pointed unidirectionally, the signal can reflect back across the boarder and cause interference. It sounds like a logistical mess.

Would reducing power output from the tower help with the reflection issue?

It might, I believe this is what they have done with the sites that have 800mhz in Ohio. I am sure someone will correct me.

Would reducing power output from the tower help with the reflection issue?

I am not sure how much that would help anyways because you don't want to have too low of power output where the signal doesn't travel far or is very weak.  Sprint wouldn't want to advertise that LTE is of the normal standard in these IBEZ areas because customers would be pissed off of the weaker performance of LTE in these IBEZ areas.

Either way I don't think just reducing the power output would be good enough.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but wouldn't Sprint be able to transmit 800SMR on directional antennas facing away from the border? It wouldn't be ideal from a coverage perspective, but it should help. Plus consumer devices put out way less RF than the towers anyway, so our phones would be less likely to interfere with anything on the other side.

But mobile devices have omnidirectional antennas.  And the Netgear tri band hotspot, for example, can pump out 32.3 dBm (1.7 W) in band 26 LTE 800.  That is plenty of power to raise the noise floor across the border.  So, there is your counterpoint.

AJ

This is from two years ago,but I posted this in another thread discussing the 800 spectrum:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1032-fcc-approves-lte-deployment-in-800mhz-smr-band/?p=123756

The letters /documents I posted appear to have some tentative agreements drawn up between Canadia and the good 'ol U S of A; maybe somebody else could take a look and shed some light on the issue.

I know I've seen people discussing this before but I couldn't find it. Has anyone had issues with 1x800 during network vision where it is broadcasting but you cannot place or receive calls? This is happening on multiple sites in my market and I cannot find a way to switch to 1900 only for the time being. I have a galaxy s4 so the *#*#4636#*#* code doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can force it to PCS? I know I might have to hard reset to get 800 working again and I'm okay with that, just need a temporary fix.

I know I've seen people discussing this before but I couldn't find it. Has anyone had issues with 1x800 during network vision where it is broadcasting but you cannot place or receive calls? This is happening on multiple sites in my market and I cannot find a way to switch to 1900 only for the time being. I have a galaxy s4 so the *#*#4636#*#* code doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can force it to PCS? I know I might have to hard reset to get 800 working again and I'm okay with that, just need a temporary fix.

Please call in tickets as soon as you can, otherwise it will not get fixed.

• Like 1

You could flash a different PRL that has 1900 as a higher priority. 

This has been happening quite a bit in Ericsson markets. Make sure to call it in.

Memphis is getting the lights turned on!!! I'm connected to a tower ab 10-25 miles away on 3g as we speak. Normally at my house I float between three towers with 115 average signal from all three. I have now been locked on this tower for 2 hours. Reaching signals in and out between 105 - 120.

• Like 1

Memphis is getting the lights turned on!!! I'm connected to a tower ab 10-25 miles away on 3g as we speak. Normally at my house I float between three towers with 115 average signal from all three. I have now been locked on this tower for 2 hours. Reaching signals in and out between 105 - 120.

That's great, but no need to post 4 times!!!

Took us 6 days to fix our voice outage due to this.  Just keep on them day after day and hopefully it will get fixed soon.

This has been happening quite a bit in Ericsson markets. Make sure to call it in.

Gotta love Ericsson... I'm obviously in an Ericsson market as well. Seems that they have more issues than most, but honestly I'm just glad to see the 800 turning on lol even if it doesn't work.

• Like 1

Gotta love Ericsson... I'm obviously in an Ericsson market as well. Seems that they have more issues than most, but honestly I'm just glad to see the 800 turning on lol even if it doesn't work.

Yep, Ericsson is troublesome .. My opinion and from what I have seen is they sign off on their own work when they are not supposed to. I don't understand how some of them passed. Horrible job that can be seen from the road on some sites.