prophead

Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Yep, Ericsson is troublesome .. My opinion and from what I have seen is they sign off on their own work when they are not supposed to. I don't understand how some of them passed. Horrible job that can be seen from the road on some sites.

I think ALU takes the cake of worse vendor performance over ericsson and samsung

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think ALU takes the cake of worse vendor performance over ericsson and samsung

Wait, there is going to be cake?  No one told me there was going to be cake.  Is it going to be in The Lounge?

no-cake-for-milton.jpeg

AJ

• Like 6

Wait, there is going to be cake?  No one told me there was going to be cake.  Is it going to be in The Lounge?

no-cake-for-milton.jpeg

AJ

Oh Milton.  I bet this scene was why he took revenge on IniTech.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

With these issues that I keep reading about in Ericsson markets I'll have to respectfully disagree.

• Like 2

But mobile devices have omnidirectional antennas.  And the Netgear tri band hotspot, for example, can pump out 32.3 dBm (1.7 W) in band 26 LTE 800.  That is plenty of power to raise the noise floor across the border.  So, there is your counterpoint.

AJ

Wow. That amount of power is downright impressive for a pocket-sized device. Where does the MiFi fall on that scale?

Really? I've been pretty impressed with the speed and quality of the ALU rollout around Boston.. I take it you're less-than-satisfied with their work in the Southwest?

-Mike

Really? I've been pretty impressed with the speed and quality of the ALU rollout around Boston.. I take it you're less-than-satisfied with their work in the Southwest?

-Mike

Ok I guess I was more inferring more to the performance of how slow things are going in ALU markets for launching LTE vs. performance of NV sites after launch.

I haven't tested LTE myself so I can't vouch if ALU LTE is overall better.

Ok I guess I was more inferring more to the performance of how slow things are going in ALU markets for launching LTE vs. performance of NV sites after launch.

I haven't tested LTE myself so I can't vouch if ALU LTE is overall better.

I was referring to the same thing.. granted, my area was a First Round market, but still, progress has been steady and roughly in line with what I expected.  A majority of sites have been 3G accepted for quite some time around here, and as that work winded down, the LTE acceptances started to come in.  I did expect a little more progress this summer, but the sites that have been accepted are providing a decent LTE coverage area from what I've experienced.  The pace does not seem to be noticeably behind any other areas of the country (besides those lucky folks who have Shentel).

-Mike

I was referring to the same thing.. granted, my area was a First Round market, but still, progress has been steady and roughly in line with what I expected.  A majority of sites have been 3G accepted for quite some time around here, and as that work winded down, the LTE acceptances started to come in.  I did expect a little more progress this summer, but the sites that have been accepted are providing a decent LTE coverage area from what I've expected.  The pace does not seem to be noticeably behind any other areas of the country (besides those lucky folks who have Shentel).

-Mike

Boston and other ALU markets in the east coast might be ok but it is still pretty slow in the ALU west coast markets.  Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orange County, San Diego, east LA still need major progress in LTE.

New iphones will support band 26 apple.com/iPhone/lte

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I am not surprised, u know how apple works. I had a feeling that the iphone wouldnt be tri-band phone, that is really going to hurt the sales. Well for at least the ones that are smart to not buy iphone because of not supposing band 41.

I am not surprised, u know how apple works. I had a feeling that the iphone wouldnt be tri-band phone, that is really going to hurt the sales. Well for at least the ones that are smart to not buy iphone because of not supposing band 41.

I agree hopefully the next model will support the upper band.

At least it supports 800mhz lte though.

I agree hopefully the next model will support the upper band.

At least it supports 800mhz lte though.

That they did, honestly a lot of people will want that more then band 41. They will want the indoor coverage, which I can't fully blame them. I have a feeling it was design thing, getting in the way. Also I know the iphone has been desiged for awhile and in production. It is hard to switch it out, if they didnt know if sprint was for sure getting clear. We all know it would, but others werent so sure.

That they did, honestly a lot of people will want that more then band 41. They will want the indoor coverage, which I can't fully blame them. I have a feeling it was design thing, getting in the way. Also I know the iphone has been desiged for awhile and in production. It is hard to switch it out, if they didnt know if sprint was for sure getting clear. We all know it would, but others werent so sure.

Exactly. You can't make a business decision about the largest revenue generator in your company on rumors/speculation/hunches. That's not Apple's game, and it never has been.

I prefer the indoor coverage too. I just hope they will support band 41 for the next model

I think the next iPhone will be out before we start seeing LTE deployed network wide in band 26.  I think band 41 will get there first (it already has a head start).

Hey guys, is there a plan on the rollout for band 26 and 41? Like which one will get rolled out first? What parts of town (chicago)? I've searched high and low on this site and cant seem to find it. 

Hey guys, is there a plan on the rollout for band 26 and 41? Like which one will get rolled out first? What parts of town (chicago)? I've searched high and low on this site and cant seem to find it. 

Chicago is one of the first markets to have band 41, That info is in the 2500/2600 discussion thread(http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4083-sprint-td-lte-25002600mhz-discussion/ ). That is crazy long to go though it all though. I am not a premier member, but they have access to all the 2500/2600 sites, I know chicago has pretty much all of the sites with wimax and lte on 2500/2600. The band 26, if everything goes right. Will be going live on sites the end of the month that is from s4gru(robert), It will be live on all network vision sites that have backhaul. By the end of the year, U can expect samsung to be the first to come out with 800 lte. They were the first with 1x 800 voice and they will be first in 800 lte(band 26). I am would love to see sites live before the iphone comes out. :)

sprint is deploying 800 megahertz lte and voice to east brunswick its finally here

I still think 800 will beat 2600 deployment even though 2600 has a head start. Still disappointed the iPhone was not triband.

I still think 800 will beat 2600 deployment even though 2600 has a head start. Still disappointed the iPhone was not triband.

800 deployment only requires a carrier card and a system update. Doesn't require any new equipment since all of that is already there.

800 deployment only requires a carrier card and a system update. Doesn't require any new equipment since all of that is already there.

Yes therefore I believe the speed will astonish all.

sprint is deploying 800 megahertz lte and voice to east brunswick its finally here

How do you know the 800 LTE is there?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4