Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

AlLu doesn't care any more because they're exiting the business.

Hope Nokia can do double duty! :lol:

The buyout can't be pushed through soon enough! Frustrating, but they were already the slowest of the vendors to begin with!

Regarding Verizon Xlte being very fast in New York City not anymore. I own a note 4 from Verizon, and after 9 months their LTE speeds have gone from upper 50s to low 20s in all the areas that I visit.

I said it before, and I will say it again once Sprint network is dense everywhere with every tower running 8T8R they will be the king of speeds and capacity.

• Like 6

it does but not greater than 20mhz channels so it can only bond 5+5, 5+10, 10+10 and such, no greater than 20 in total. 6s is rumored for 20+20 due to cat 6 modem on board. 6s is best bet for next iPhone so patience is a virtue here.

Thanks for clarifying.

Regarding Verizon Xlte being very fast in New York City not anymore. I own a note 4 from Verizon, and after 9 months their LTE speeds have gone from upper 50s to low 20s in all the areas that I visit.

I said it before, and I will say it again once Sprint network is dense everywhere with every tower running 8T8R they will be the king of speeds and capacity.

Hmm interesting but LTE speeds in the 20s is still good. I'm getting 3-5mbps at home on at&t. I used to get 20ish down when I first joined them back in 2013.

I only got 1x at home with Verizon. Verizon has too many people on their network and it won't be long before their AWS spectrum also begins to get congested.

I had read that at&t has better LTE technology than Verizon being that they began deployment later than Verizon. Verizon's outdated technology still connects their towers by wire down to the base stations whereas At&t has similar technology than Sprint so it can handle capacity better than verizon. I don't know if this 100% accurate but I know Sprint has the best LTE technology than all the carriers.

I am visiting Brooklyn next month how is the service out that way ...last time I was that way was 2013...I m curious of the improvements made

I am visiting Brooklyn next month how is the service out that way ...last time I was that way was 2013...I m curious of the improvements made

LTE virtually everywhere on Band 41. Band 26 indoors. Your signal should be fine virtually everywhere and data speeds should be more than usable. Band 41 is fast in most places and slow in others. By slow I mean 6 down 14 up (no thats not backwards).

• Like 3

LTE virtually everywhere on Band 41. Band 26 indoors. Your signal should be fine virtually everywhere and data speeds should be more than usable. Band 41 is fast in most places and slow in others. By slow I mean 6 down 14 up (no thats not backwards).

great :) is band 26 deployed on every tower or are there some with no band 26 at all ?

My brother went to a concert at the Barclays center today and he said Sprint performed perfectly between 4-10mbs on B41.

Att and T-Mobile were both on LTE with zero data going through.

Luckily they did have WiFi to offload.

• Like 2

My brother went to a concert at the Barclays center today and he said Sprint performed perfectly between 4-10mbs on B41.

Att and T-Mobile were both on LTE with zero data going through.

Luckily they did have WiFi to offload.

Really? That's not bad.

I can believe at&t having slow data speeds but I'm a little surprised about tmobile; especially since they have wide band LTE.

I don't think at&t has those problems in every arena though. For my sis graduation there were so many people that I couldn't load anything on LTE and had to switch to HSPA+. When I'm at citi field with around 30,000 fans, at&t still flies. My friend in t mobile doesn't get LTE there, only HSPA+ and even then he couldn't send a picture text. He had to go on the wifi while on at&t I was getting 15mbps down and had no problems.

I guess at&t has to deploy small cells to help with congestion around that part of brooklyn. That area is very congested for at&t. I was there about a month ago a few blocks away from the barclay center and I couldn't even pull on google maps to get me home. It kept loading and loading. I eventually had to turn off LTE amd switch to HSPA+ and it loaded immediately. I was surprised as to how congested it was compared to a year earlier when I was in the same spot and had no problems back then.

So, I think all my calls to advance care support actually paid off. They turned on my sprint band 41 tower that is my home locaton. I'm no longer parking onto the clear band 41 tower that was further aaway with eCSFB issues. I'm not sure if it was supposed to go to live this morning when it did. But I dont feel or least I hope, it's not a coincidence after complaining about not receiving calls and going straight to voicemail. That they turned it back on after testing a few months back.

Don't these places have enterprise WiFi? I mean come on, a macro can do so much.

Most public venues have DAS installs with multiple base stations supporting multiple carriers on them.

Staten Island boy here reporting in yet again. Down in my neck of the woods, we now have everything live, from 800MHz 1x to band 41. Walking by my site, I notice there's 2 extra antennas per sectors not hooked up at all, the jacks at the bottom being covered in blue tape. They appear to be normal 800/1900 panels. Any reason why Sprint would just have the panels hanging but not in use?

• Like 1

Staten Island boy here reporting in yet again. Down in my neck of the woods, we now have everything live, from 800MHz 1x to band 41. Walking by my site, I notice there's 2 extra antennas per sectors not hooked up at all, the jacks at the bottom being covered in blue tape. They appear to be normal 800/1900 panels. Any reason why Sprint would just have the panels hanging but not in use?

Where in SI? I'm in the 10309 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Someone over at Howardforums is reporting that Sprint has put up hubs and repeaters or something of the sort in Penn Station from the 8th Avenue to 7th Avenue side where you wait for the LIRR track announcements. [/size]

This is getting interesting![/size]

Guy posted some cool pics of the equipment.

Looks like Penn station might finally get some love..

• Like 1