Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

df6dc50e5a3c33143b7fc3a7e8c0693d.jpg

This is very good in Princes Bay near the train stop in Staten Island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43f5c18145cc943e6cdd259f003ad666.jpg

A couple weeks ago I posted a speed test also in the same area and it looks like It got better

Was at the Great Lawn today in Central Park on the West Side and had a great experience. I didn't run any speed tests or anything like that while I was out there because I was too busy chilling but my signal was something like 3 bars and I was able to upload Snapchats and Facebook photos is seconds.

• Like 1

Just got back from new roc city, had sprint B41 which was awesome, also strong B25 signal indoors with excellent speeds. Big step up compared to my usual 3G signal just 6 months prior.

That is good to read, as New Rochelle had taken such a backseat. Had 3g for the longest in most areas.
  • Like 1

That is good to read, as New Rochelle had taken such a backseat. Had 3g for the longest in most areas.

They had 1 clear tower that did an ok job, but most places indoors or if you veered off the center of downtown too far would not pick it up . Completely different story this time around, had very excellent B25 and B41.

Was on the Coney Island Boardwalk the other day, 1.5Mbps or so on B25 which is acceptable but emphasis on the need for a second carrier in NYC

Im usually on B41, but depends where on the boardwalk. 

• Like 1

Fastest speed I've achieved in midtown(39th st 3rd ave) on Sprint B41 and overall in this area, 50mbs down.

Especially during the day.

I'm happy to see Sprint B41 with faster than 40mbs backhaul, this might be a first for me.

• Like 3

In Forest Hill 71st Ave Train Station and I have all bars of LTE. Full service and it's quick, here's a speed test. It's b25

cc81511437e7944f3cc8a7b9b16baa07.jpg

• Like 1

Was in Bensonhurst past two days sleeping over with friends. Coverage was spectacular (thank you Clear), performance seemed pretty good. Only clocked one speed test, 38Mbps down on 86th and 4th on my way back home. Pretty impressive for some old gear and the original lone B41 carrier of NYC.

• Like 1

Was lurking around midtown all day yesterday, noticed that the B41 carrier that was latched onto my phone like a tick is still the same one that I connect to at home - 39991. ALU needs to launch a second carrier ASAP cause you can feel in certain areas that this carrier is taking a punch. Tinder was struggling to load images on 5th by 45th

Was lurking around midtown all day yesterday, noticed that the B41 carrier that was latched onto my phone like a tick is still the same one that I connect to at home - 39991. ALU needs to launch a second carrier ASAP cause you can feel in certain areas that this carrier is taking a punch. Tinder was struggling to load images on 5th by 45th

TMI???

• Like 4

I most definitely have the worst LTE experience in the CityParks Junior Golf Center in Brooklyn, off 14th by Cropsey.

I'm in general vicinity of a cell site, as I connect to B25 at around -106. It's very usable!

But what happens on my 6 is it then decides to connect to B41 from the same exact site before dropping to "No Service" or just 3G, then reconnects to B25 to begin the process again. Very aggravating, but small cells/8T8R should fix this so I'm not too worked up over it. Just sharing!

I most definitely have the worst LTE experience in the CityParks Junior Golf Center in Brooklyn, off 14th by Cropsey.

I'm in general vicinity of a cell site, as I connect to B25 at around -106. It's very usable!

But what happens on my 6 is it then decides to connect to B41 from the same exact site before dropping to "No Service" or just 3G, then reconnects to B25 to begin the process again. Very aggravating, but small cells/8T8R should fix this so I'm not too worked up over it. Just sharing!

Alot of people have been complaining about the latest carrier update for the iphone causing drops to 3G.

Heard Sprint is getting rid of the 2 year contract and I'm very sad. Lol I don't wanna have to pay monthly for my phone. That's extra money for what? And I think that whole rent the iPhone then give it back thing is stupid. People can make a lot of money selling their phones on the market afterwards.

Heard Sprint is getting rid of the 2 year contract and I'm very sad. Lol I don't wanna have to pay monthly for my phone. That's extra money for what? And I think that whole rent the iPhone then give it back thing is stupid. People can make a lot of money selling their phones on the market afterwards.

You can pay up front the whole cost and pay less per month. In the old subsidy system, that wasn't an option. In a way, T-Mobile's price competition opened up a lot of things I never thought I'd see, like BYOD on Sprint.

In the end, it's going to drive down prices for good smartphones.

• Like 2

Face the facts.  Contracts and subsidies are not keeping up with reality.  If you want "unlimited" data and a tricked out iPhone, you are going to pay more.  Because "unlimited" data usage is growing, becoming more expensive to provide, and iPhones are overpriced.

Alternatively, you can save money.  You can choose a more sensible non contract, non subsidy tiered data plan.  You can go with one of the many $200-400 direct sales handsets coming onto the market.  And if you are still hellbent on an iPhone, you can buy used.  Or you can hope that these moves put downward pressure on Apple's excessive iPhone profit margin.

AJ

• Like 2