Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

who is the worst of the culprits in that market

We have very few sites that are not complete, its hard to pinpoint who was worst, but Cablevision was probably best considering they got the Bronx lit up pretty quickly.

who is the worst of the culprits in that market

Verizon was the worse as far as I could tell. The sites that I was about 90% sure Verizon would be the backhaul vendor for, were some of the last to get LTE.

We have very few sites that are not complete, its hard to pinpoint who was worst, but Cablevision was probably best considering they got the Bronx lit up pretty quickly.

Yeah, I'd say Cablevision was the best. They're the reason why Brooklyn and the Bronx were the first parts of NYC to be launched (a few months before the rest of NYC).

• Like 1

Verizon was the worse as far as I could tell. The sites that I was about 90% sure Verizon would be the backhaul vendor for, were some of the last to get LTE.

Yeah, I'd say Cablevision was the best. They're the reason why Brooklyn and the Bronx were the first parts of NYC to be launched (a few months before the rest of NYC).

hmm I think for my market Comcast is the worst....they a monopoly over the cable here

AT&T is pretty much saturated everywhere, and if you think you will see some relief anytime soon you will be disappointed. The problem is they took their eyes offthe wireless division, and decided to focus on Directv, Mexico acquisitions, and the whole LTE on cars.

Att maybe will get some relief once they launch 2.3ghz which will be band 30.Still that will be just a 10x10.

Edited by SprintNYC

AT&T is pretty much saturated everywhere, and if you think you will see some relief anytime soon you will be disappointed. The problem is they took their eyes offthe wireless division, and decided to focus on Directv, Mexico acquisitions, and the whole LTE on cars.

Att maybe will get some relief once they launch 2.3ghz which will be band 30.Still that will be just a 10x10.

. They are screwed no matter what anyways ....
  • Like 2

I'm not too happy to hear that. This keeps up and I will be switching to Verizon or Sprint.

Their aws3 J block was "just" 10x10. Add that to 10x10 wcs and they should see much relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their aws3 J block was "just" 10x10. Add that to 10x10 wcs and they should see much relief.

That spectrum won't be deployed soon though so his statement of " if you think you will see some relief anytime soon you will be disappointed" is still true.

That spectrum won't be deployed soon though so his statement of " if you think you will see some relief anytime soon you will be disappointed" is still true.

they are a Constant disappointment

That spectrum won't be deployed soon though so his statement of " if you think you will see some relief anytime soon you will be disappointed" is still true.

Well also, I'm not even sure of any phones that have B30 besides the Galaxy S6 and variants. So, even if it were launched tomorrow, virtually no one can use it yet.

they are a Constant disappointment

Very broad. Maybe in certain big cities, sure. Elsewhere, I'd say inconsistent. They are beyond stupid for letting their network go in many cities -- that's how I'd put it.

• Like 1

I was in Northern NJ today and At&t was amazing out there. I was getting 36mbps down.

When I was with Sprint back in 2011-2013, it was horrible out there. I couldn't even load Google Maps. My friend has Sprint and it has definitely improved.

At&t is having problems in heavily congested areas like NYC but outside they are great. I was in the Bronx and At&t is also amazing out there; 43mbps down.

By my house in Queens I used to get 25-30mbps down but now I'm lucky to reach 13-16mbps which is still good but on Thursday near the barclays center, at&t LTE was soooooo slow. I wonder if their small cells would help out there.

• Like 2

rrgmWEt.jpg?1

In Coney Island on Sprint B41. I didn't stay for long since it was too packed but the ping is amazing!

Last summer I was on B25 @ Coney and there was no data at all. Big improvement.

• Like 1

Last summer I was on B25 @ Coney and there was no data at all. Big improvement.

lol band 25 and no data what heck happened lol over loaded ?

Surely..

Don't call me Shirley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

AJ

• Like 2

doesnt sprint have nationwide smr and brs and ebs licenses ?

Coney Island can get pretty crowded, a single B25 carrier would be easily overloaded.

But as fanbro has pointed out, they finally deployed band 41, which has obviously brought on huge relief for the area.

Coney Island can get pretty crowded, a single B25 carrier would be easily overloaded.

The real overloading may be all of that mustard, beef heart chili, and onions on a single wiener.

But as fanbro has pointed out, they finally deployed band 41, which has obviously brought on huge relief for the area.

After a Coney Island and a ride on the Cyclone, the huge relief may be in the restroom.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

thats very good :)

The real overloading may be all of that mustard, beef heart chili, and onions on a single wiener.

After a Coney Island and a ride on the Cyclone, the huge relief may be in the restroom.

:P

AJ

Or the unlucky rider behind you on the Cyclone.

Coney island has had band 41 for a long time now. Been on b41 since nexus 5 came out. Probably had b41 before that too just didn't have a triband device to check. I live 2 blocks from the park