Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

My home Clear B41 tower just stopped broadcasting. Hoping its related to some sort of upgrade. 

Luckily, I still have a couple other B41 towers further away Im connecting too..

Phone keeps jumping between sites like crazy, something is definitely going on..

• Like 2

Did you guys see John Legere's rant about Low-Band Spectrum and how AT&T & Verizon have been doing their customers dirty just to fill their pockets up. Check it out

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnlegere/status/610862894561923072

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guys see John Legere's rant about Low-Band Spectrum and how AT&T & Verizon have been doing their customers dirty just to fill their pockets up. Check it out

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnlegere/status/610862894561923072

Someone's not paying much attention to the main T-Mobile thread on here.

Someone's not paying much attention to the main T-Mobile thread on here.

Lol, Guilty.

They most certainly have NOT hit 100% access as the article claims they should have.  FIOS is available in parts of my neighborhood, but not my building.  I've registered but it will take "6 to 12 months" for service to be made available to me.

• Like 1

We indeed have met the requirement to install fiber optics through all five boroughs," a Verizon spokesperson told Ars. "Our $3.5 billion investment and the 15,000 miles of fiber we have built have given New Yorkers added choices and a robust set of advanced, reliable, and resilient services. The challenge we have is gaining access to properties which of course would expand availability. We look forward to working with the City to seek solutions to this issue

These punks assume just because the fiber pass by my home doesn't mean I can get the service.

There is a difference passing by, and that building wired with fiber.

I hope the mayor strip them of their TV and broadband franchise if they don't comply.

They most certainly have NOT hit 100% access as the article claims they should have.  FIOS is available in parts of my neighborhood, but not my building.  I've registered but it will take "6 to 12 months" for service to be made available to me.

Same here. They have it in the area but certainly not in my home. They wired up the building across the street from my house but skipped every other house and building on my block. In fact, Verizon has a telephone pole in the back of my house that broke during Hurricane Sandy. They came by put up a new pole and then left. I would've thought that they would've been opportunists and try to do FiOS then and there. Apparently not.

• Like 3

You sound like me, in Queens.

Does anyone know who's antennas these are? It's a temporary site down by the Brooklyn Bridge.B8fo1iW.jpg

There's actually a Sprint logo on the truck in the lower left of the picture. ;)

• Like 1

The site definitely wasn't active yet. The workers there looked like they were making adjustments because they moved the site up and down a few times while I was there. This is pretty interesting. I wonder why they were doing this?

There's actually a Sprint logo on the truck in the lower left of the picture. ;)

I just did a quick search and you're 100% right. It's actually a logo for the Samurai series of COW's from Champion Telecom. They were specifically designed for Sprint though that's why the Sprint logo is incorporated into the logo.

http://nate408.com/337777/5697531/work/samurai

• Like 1

The site definitely wasn't active yet. The workers there looked like they were making adjustments because they moved the site up and down a few times while I was there. This is pretty interesting. I wonder why they were doing this?

I wonder if this is related..

https://twitter.com/sprint/status/615187699075411968

hmmm...

• Like 1

I wonder if this is related..

https://twitter.com/sprint/status/615187699075411968

hmmm...

I'm pretty doubtful that it's about that. I think #AllIn has to do with plans more than service. However, I wish I asked the workers what they were doing and what for.

I'm pretty doubtful that it's about that. I think #AllIn has to do with plans more than service. However, I wish I asked the workers what they were doing and what for.

Sprint sometimes puts together gatherings around the city to present things out in the open. LIke last year they had a setup like this near times square to push new promotions..

• Like 1

Sprint sometimes puts together gatherings around the city to present things out in the open. LIke year they had a setup like this near times square to push new promotions..

That's actually a great guess. It is a pretty heavily trafficked area of Brooklyn so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason why.

Could this also be a temporary site until Sprint can secure a lease on a new site in the area since there are tons of new development in the area (mostly high rise apartments and hotels) and the current site density likely won't be enough anymore.