Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Coney island has had band 41 for a long time now. Been on b41 since nexus 5 came out. Probably had b41 before that too just didn't have a triband device to check. I live 2 blocks from the park

I doubt Coney Island had Band 41 in Oct 2013, regardless you could not access it then.

Also, he mentioned "Sprint B41"  those only started coming online last year. You probably connected to Clear B41.

So I wonder if they now have Clear and Sprint B41 live..

I doubt Coney Island had Band 41 in Oct 2013, regardless you could not access it then.

Also, he mentioned "Sprint B41"  those only started coming online last year. You probably connected to Clear B41.

So I wonder if they now have Clear and Sprint B41 live..

They certainly do. However the Clear B41 was significantly more swamped than the Sprint B41. That's how I ended up on Sprint B41 in the first place. It was load balancing in action.

• Like 2

Hey everyone!

Haven't been here for ages and haven't really been following sprint and the LTE sightings.

Did a speed test just now and got 50mbps... I'm using a 6 PLUS

Have I missed anything major in new developments in the passed 6 months or so?

Hey everyone!

Haven't been here for ages and haven't really been following sprint and the LTE sightings.

Did a speed test just now and got 50mbps... I'm using a 6 PLUS

Have I missed anything major in new developments in the passed 6 months or so?

Just lots of Sprint B41 to compliment Clear B41.

• Like 2

it's being sporadically rolled out near me

danlodish345, please consider relevance when posting.  If you are not located in the New York City market, then posting here what is or is not happening in your market is irrelevant.  This applies to other market threads, too.

AJ

I still have major issues inside and am getting B41 90% of the time anywhere I go in NYC...

Getting tons of dropped calls in my house and all the bands are heavily around me, so are there any options for me at this point?

I still have major issues inside and am getting B41 90% of the time anywhere I go in NYC...

Getting tons of dropped calls in my house and all the bands are heavily around me, so are there any options for me at this point?

Is your signal low? or is this a new occurrence?

I have noticed that after a tower is upgraded to band 41 it is not uncommon to have a period of increased dropped calls and sms issues for anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Does switching to cdma only help?

4usdsOE.png?1

This is not ok. This is in Downtown Brooklyn at the location of Brooklyn Friends. That said, Downtown Brooklyn is tough spot for all carriers. It's high density and growing faster than most carriers can upgrade. Sprint added two new sites (maybe even more that I don't know of) in the last year to the neighborhood so speeds for them are still pretty good.

There are other areas though that have 41Mbps average speeds and such in Manhattan. I just posted this because it's more relevant to me. I spend more time in Downtown Brooklyn than Midtown Manhattan.

This is not ok.

Robert Loggia eats guys like John Legere for breakfast.

AJ

• Like 2

I'm in Queens College for my sisters graduation and I had to turn off LTE and switch to HSPA+.

At&t's LTE was going so slow. I ran a speed test and got a 200 ping with 0.98 down and 5.03 up.

With HSPA+ I'm getting 55 ping with 5.03 down and 2.45 up.

I'm in Queens College for my sisters graduation and I had to turn off LTE and switch to HSPA+.

At&t's LTE was going so slow. I ran a speed test and got a 200 ping with 0.98 down and 5.03 up.

With HSPA+ I'm getting 55 ping with 5.03 down and 2.45 up.

I'm having to do this more and more on AT&T as their network fills up. But unfortunately, in some places, WCDMA is just as bad as the LTE. if not worse. It's a crap shoot.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is your signal low? or is this a new occurrence?

I'm getting about -101 for LTE in my house and when I switch to a phone call I'm getting around -81... It seems like it should be working fine. LTE is working great here. 35-50MBPS in house. Also getting 29MS latency...

Any ideas where the drop calls are coming from?

I'm getting about -101 for LTE in my house and when I switch to a phone call I'm getting around -81... It seems like it should be working fine. LTE is working great here. 35-50MBPS in house. Also getting 29MS latency...

Any ideas where the drop calls are coming from?

Very odd, are all Sprint phones dropping calls? Have you tried a different phone. Could there be something wrong with your device?

Do you have an iphone? you could activate Wifi calling.

Also, you should just open up a trouble ticket. 

I was at applebees on Emmons ave in Brooklyn last night around 10pm.

My cousin has Att and is not happy with them lately, speeds have plummeted. We did a speed test. 

Att: 9mb/s Sprint: 20mb/s.

I'm surprised Att is that low considering there weren't many people around. I didn't check if I was on B41, probably was.

i rarely get B25 anymore in NYC, its either B41 outdoors or B26 indoors. 

• Like 4

I was at applebees on Emmons ave in Brooklyn last night around 10pm.

My cousin has Att and is not happy with them lately, speeds have plummeted. We did a speed test.

Att: 9mb/s Sprint: 20mb/s.

I'm surprised Att is that low considering there weren't many people around. I didn't check if I was on B41, probably was.

i rarely get B25 anymore in NYC, its either B41 outdoors or B26 indoors.

At&t has really plummeted lately. I hope LTE-A can do something to fix their capacity issues.

They have been great for me up until about a month ago that I see a lot of slow data speeds.

I'm currently looking into Sprint again and Verizon.

At&t has really plummeted lately. I hope LTE-A can do something to fix their capacity issues.

They have been great for me up until about a month ago that I see a lot of slow data speeds.

I'm currently looking into Sprint again and Verizon.

AT&T hasn't exactly been hasty with LTE-A and VoLTE. I'm hoping that they pick it up too.

AT&T hasn't exactly been hasty with LTE-A and VoLTE. I'm hoping that they pick it up too.

Lte a isn't gonna solve att's speed issues.

They need densification - macro and small cells - and to deploy their b30 already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lte a isn't gonna solve att's speed issues.

They need densification - macro and small cells - and to deploy their b30 already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTE-A wil improve peak speed but it doesn't fix capacity issues as much as simply running multiple carriers. You've got it mixed around.

But yes they do need densification and small cells too.

• Like 1

I passed through Penn Station the other day and noticed there was Sprint native coverage down on the tracks. Is this new? It was only 3G but way better than roaming.