Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Really wishing I had an LTE phone right now. Sensorly is showing my office dead in the middle of LTE in midtown, some very close to my house in the Bronx, and also close to my girlfriends house in westchester. All areas where I need it. I've been looking on ebay for a galaxy nexus or something since I'm not eligible for an upgrade until June.

• Like 1

It's not fair Sprint. We need LTE in Brooklyn. I need LTE in Brooklyn! :(

I feel you bro...but their have been a lot of reports of increased speeds coming out of BK..So Im Pretty sure its right around the corner. One thing is certain, that it definitely has transformed the way I use my phone around my place.
  • Like 2

A tower near me that I've suspected has Network Vision, has a 1 Capacity, 1 Voice, and 1 Speed Upgrade on the tower. Could that be indicative of the tower being NV'd or are those band-aid fixes. I've suspected that it is NV'd because it is the same tower where one morning I got a ping of 53ms and since then I've been constantly getting speeds of 1.5 mbps and greater.

• Like 2

It finally happened...last night i got a 4G light right in front of my building..blazing speeds 25-30mb down 177street around the Walton ave area...and it works all around where I live pretty well..Getting about 15mb down @ home...

That's great news. I tested LTE not too far from my house at 170th and Jerome. I had a decent LTE signal, which means its probably coming from closer to your area. Good news either way.

• Like 1

That's great news. I tested LTE not too far from my house at 170th and Jerome. I had a decent LTE signal, which means its probably coming from closer to your area. Good news either way.

You can install Netmonitor and find out exactly what site your connecting too, seems like its coming from harisson ave, right off tremont ave

Also noticed some signal in midtown, not to far from the previous area (mid 40's and 6th ave) in and around grand central, looks like sprint is making up for lost time after hurrican sandy..might be a pretty good week for completed sites in NYC..

• Like 1

You can install Netmonitor and find out exactly what site your connecting too' date=' seems like its coming from harisson ave, right off tremont ave[/quote']

NetMonitor never shows LTE or EVDO site locations, only 1x voice site locations. And its accuracy even with 1x varies by market and how the vendor equipment is configured in that market.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

NetMonitor never shows LTE or EVDO site locations, only 1x voice site locations. And its accuracy even with 1x varies by market and how the vendor equipment is configured in that market.

Well that explains why it keeps the 4G connection even when switching between different locations (assuming those sites dont also have LTE) also does that mean that when your connected to one location for voice doesn't necessarily mean your connected to the same site on the data side of things? any recommendations for apps?

Well that explains why it keeps the 4G connection even when switching between different locations (assuming those sites dont also have LTE) also does that mean that when your connected to one location for voice doesn't necessarily mean your connected to the same site on the data side of things? any recommendations for apps?

You can be connected to a different voice, 3G and LTE site all at the same time. There are no apps out there at all that will show you LTE site connection locations, unfortunately. The best you can tell is triangulating LTE signal strength. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

• Like 1

You can be connected to a different voice, 3G and LTE site all at the same time. There are no apps out there at all that will show you LTE site connection locations, unfortunately. The best you can tell is triangulating LTE signal strength. http://s4gru.com/ind...ignal-strength/

Good to know, its bizarre how much lack of data we get back about data sites from our devices, is that also one of the reasons that the signal strength is unrelated to "4G signal" ?..kinda annoying.

thanks again Robert

For those who have yet to experience the LTE goodness, and cant find a reason to come to the bronx (I know its not exactly the most reputable borough) can just make a trip to either the bronx zoo or the bronx botanical garden, and enjoy what the BX has to offer plus some LTE fun! LOL.

West farm square all the way to 233rd white plains road has lte.. I have a iphone So sad.

Lower Manhattan getting NV love...Mbps constant 2.50 and above,Its only a matter of time now.

I have also noted more areas lit up in the east side and Bronx.,

Hi everyone!

Does anyone knows if my area (10950) is getting LTE together with NYC? Or I will need to wait some more time?

Zip codes aren't very convenient for looking up a location.... city names would be better. Monroe, New York is part of the NYC market, and should see NV upgrades over the next several months. Different parts of the market are being upgraded at different times, with completion likely by later next spring or summer. So will it be at the same time as NYC? Probably not, but it should follow fairly soon after.