Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

No flaming necessary, we are all on the same boat here...and the general consensus here and in most other places is that customer service timelines are usually unformed ones..and the fact that you are consistently getting eHRPD is no indication of better signal or any particular "work" in your general area. One thing that most of us here also agree on is that most areas have been improving as of late, is there still work to be done? ABSOLUTELY! and as I mentioned before, having access to the completed NV maps on the sponsorship page really starts clearing things up in terms of overall progress reports.. you also mention "network tester" without mentioning any particular hardware or software, a bit more detail, maybe Robert might be better suited to answer this..

No flaming necessary, we are all on the same boat here...and the general consensus here and in most other places is that customer service timelines are usually unformed ones..and the fact that you are consistently getting eHRPD is no indication of better signal or any particular "work" in your general area. One thing that most of us here also agree on is that most areas have been improving as of late, is there still work to be done? ABSOLUTELY! and as I mentioned before, having access to the completed NV maps on the sponsorship page really starts clearing things up in terms of overall progress reports.. you also mention "network tester" without mentioning any particular hardware or software, a bit more detail, maybe Robert might be better suited to answer this..

This is true and where as eHRPD is not an indicator of better signal I have noticed that when the signal strength was 101-101 DBM it would register as 1xrt and fluctuate between that and CDMA. Now it Just shows a constant eHRPD, and the signal strength has increased and I am not dropping calls as I was the many months before this. This CS agent told me that there was on going work in my areas and that I would be clear by the 29, and for sure by the 30th due to network vision upgrades. Those were her words and she seemed to have a grip on what was going on in my area network vision wise.

You are correct that service upgrades have been moving ahead all over the Bronx. In January I received 1.9 mbs down and 1mbs up on 3g in the Bronx. Maybe better signal strength helps eHRPD transfer operate better. I am no radio engineer, but I do notice signal -dbm being much better today

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Just saw my old hood Washington Heights on 179th has some purple. Wish I was back there with you guys. 2 months out here in sf and so much has happened there. Good luck and be safe guys. Keep warm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I will try to swing by uptown Manhattan and sneak a peek @ the spot in and around 181st..im not too far from that area..

Can you swing by 187th and Broadway? That's where I used to live. Thanks.

The storm is going to delay LTE in NYC

Which sucks, and then we have a Nor'Easter on the way which is gonna make it even worse.

At this point I just want things back to normal...not that normal is much better than the current conditions but it's better than nothing.

O couldn't help but notice in the Running List, NY did not increase. Not even 1%. But honestly what did I expect after the Hurricane.

Only one site in NYC in the last update. It was a brand new site in Red Hook. You should become a Sponsor so you can see the weekly update maps.

Robert

Only one site in NYC in the last update. It was a brand new site in Red Hook. You should become a Sponsor so you can see the weekly update maps.

Robert

Robert what about the co-op city area

Robert

I really should, but I am in High School, still without a debit card, If it were up to me, I would be a Sponsor already. And next time I go to Ikea in Red Hook, i will have to search for that tower. Maybe run a couple of speed tests, just to see what 3G is like.

Edited by Paynefanbro

Oh, one more thing, I read on a Sprint forum, that the original T1 Lines were meant for 2.5G 1xrtt, and 3G EVDO back when it barely used. That gives you a time frame of how long it has been since they upgraded their network. :lol: Exact quote:

I can pretty much guarantee based on those speeds that the specific tower the phone was connected to has not been upgradeed yet. A Market is not launched after all towers are upgraded, the Market is launched when a sufficient number are upgraded to make it available for customers, and work continues to upgrade the rest of the towers after it launches, so coverage and everything will gradually improve.

I would like th see the detail screen for those speed tests. Most likely those 200-300kbps speed tests are on EvdoA(or actually eHRPD if the 4G Core in the area is working properly as it should be and the phone is in LTE/CDMA mode). You can see specific tst details by tapping the test you want the details for.

Post-Network Vision towers regularly show 2+mbps speeds sicne the bottleneck with the old equipment 99% of the time is simply the backhaul to get the data back to the main network from each tower. Network Vision requires the backhaul to be a MINIMUM 100mbps with scalability much higher being available from the tower back to the main network/4G core, current backhaul is usually much slower (T1 lines, usually 4-6 now, since it was originally meant for 2.5G 1xRTT and 3G EVDO back in its infancy when few devices utilized it).

Edited by Paynefanbro

Is this a sprint antenna and RRU? I saw people working on this site today around corona queens.

Doesn't look like any I have seen. :(

Robert

how do i delete the post

I think you should leave it. That way if someone else sees something like that, it will help them to identify it is not Sprint.

Robert

• Like 2

Nice, If anyone gets the chance to do so, please map on Sensorly.

I already Sensorly this section on the map..Ive been meaning to go by 178st uptown Manhattan, also showing some spots on Sensorly with LTE, but the weather has made it extremely difficult to drive (mostly due to the gas shortage) Also got some 4G signal very very close to my home on 175st and the grand concourse. I could not point out where exactly it came from because it was very momentary and netmonitor was not running. But regardless, Im hopeful i will have more luck in the coming days since its been poping in and out of areas in the Bronx untouched by Sensorly