Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Ok so here's the proof that I was connected to 4G (for the very first time) in my neighborhood about 15 minutes ago :-)

photomj.png

And here are the speed tests I ran - I took this screen shot after I came back inside. Everything from 2:06AM on was 4G. There seemed to be a bit of a ramp-up as the initial tests were a bit slow, then I got quicker downstream but still slow upstream and then pretty nice results up and down. One thing I can report is that the connection was a bit tempermental and dropped me a couple of times while I was standing out there. I'll run a bit more tomorrow morning when I don't feel as conspicuous standing on a street corner holding my phone. And note the 6:23PM speed test which is typical 3G in this neighborhood.

photo2j.png

Edited by Morningside78
  • Like 7

did a bit more extensive testing in Morningside Heights this afternoon, between 116 and 125th on Broadway. basically it seems to be pretty reliable once you start moving north on Broadway. here's a result from Broadway and about 118th:

img0057l.png

what I'm noticing is that it's a bit flaky by 116th street and drops off entirely as soon as you turn down Broadway. I was in a building on 120th just off the corner of Broadway and couldn't connect to LTE but when I came out of that building and stepped on to Broadway, I connected to LTE immediately. the speeds seem to be fastest for me between 118th and 120th.

here are some speed tests from earlier today:

img0058g.png

• Like 3

I think that by next week the tower around my house in queen should have LTE I see alcatel Lucent adding new antenna to to site and my service has been going on and off since. They are adding the new LTE radios and antennas as soon as I see LTE ill let you guys know

• Like 1

Improvements are being applied. I got good speeds at 42nd - Grand Central this morning

7a7eseme.jpg

Even last night with 1 bar of signal underground

agedyma2.jpg

Need speeds more like these in my area

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Union Square and the rest of Lower Manhattan are 3G heaven. And this is mid day so everyone is one their phone. Isn't NV a blessing.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Speed%20Tests/Screenshot_2012-10-27-13-31-41.png?w=b682313a

Edited by Paynefanbro

Like most, I too can confirm LTE in Midtown Manhattan. I was around Times Square and walked toward 6th ave. Once I did, LTE popped up and I mapped it the best I could with Sensorly. The speeds ranged between 10Mbps to 15 Mbps down. Impressive enough to run YouTube HD with no buffering.

• Like 1

I just got Sprint LTE service for the first time on my iPhone in New York City. I was riding the 1 train and at the above ground station at 125th St, and I noticed I got LTE service! What a feeling!

I did a quick speed test and I got 38 ms ping, 19.27 mbps down, and 8.65 mbps up. The train was moving and heading back under ground, so I have no idea actually what kind of signal strength I had.

Good luck everyone with the Hurricane! Stay safe!

• Like 3

I was told by a Sprint CS agent that October 29th would be the last day that I have crappy service in my area the BX. Service has been sporadfic for quite some time

Where in the BX are you located? My service has steadily improved in the last 3 months..all over NYC, and dont believe anything Customer Service mentions to you, your much better off donating for sponsorship on this site and get real info on whats going on behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Where in the BX are you located? My service has steadily improved in the last 3 months..all over NYC, and dont believe anything Customer Service mentions to you, your much better off donating for sponsorship on this site and get real info on whats going on behind the scenes.

Throggsneck area, and there is a good possibility that she may be correct. You make a broad statement with out knowing any particulars of "my" conversation. I understand your thinking behind your statement, but it is just a bit flawed. I hope you won't come back and try to flame me for this. Not to mention that today is the 29th and my antenna signal is way higher than normal. My -dbm is not in the -100s any more fluctuating, and it says eHRPD constantly now. Not to mention that she said the ticket shows major on going work in the area that should end today or tomorrow for sure. Areas through out the city have reported what I am reporting, and just because your area has improved does not mean all areas miraculously are online as well. Also let me just say that I am noticing better signal and call quality. The best thing about this is than it's not anecdotal because the network tester confirms this. The singal never changes to 1xrt and only displays eHRPD no matter what the -dbm is now

My network tester says the Cell has wrong values or isn't in the data base can any one tell me what that may mean

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE