Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

The reason I ask is because today I have seen low pings (low 100's) for lower Manhattan in the financial district. Yesterday, it was in the 400's. The speeds however are still in the 0.07-0.20 mbps dl. Now that you say Backhaul is in place, that means they must be waiting for the whole cluster to accept the sites for 3G.

I was in the stadium yesterday and got 66ms pings but .4 download speeds

Edited my post to reflect that, yes this is correct...but its soo hard to even think that 1x is even usable these days...

Sometimes I switch to 1xrtt just to test it, and forget that I left it on until I try to watch a video. That is when I remember that I am on 1x.

none of that information bothers me. what troubles me is Sprint's open-ended work schedule.

It's near impossible to have concrete completion dates on projects of this magnitude. At least you have information on where the project is at. You won't get that from AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile.

• Like 1

so what it is the benefit to people who don't own 800Mhz phones

Anytime a customer can offload to another frequency it creates the potential for you to benefit. So even though you may not have a 800 mhz capable phone, those who do MAY offload to 800 mhz instead of sitting on 1900 mhz. A good example is what folks believe is going on with 2500 mhz right now. As people trade in their wimax phones for non wimax phones the 2500 frequency becomes less encumbered and the speeds start going up.

This morning I noticed that the Forest Hills tower just got turned on. I am getting anywhere from 97dBm to 105dBm signal all across my house. The speeds and ping times are all over the place. I did a lot of mapping on sensorly but could not see any updated panels or new RRUs where the tower is suppose to be. I'll wait for Robert to update the maps to find out where the signal is coming from.

Hi, I have a question guys,

At my home I get -101 to -103dbm signal(According to SignalCheck app from the market) with a download rate of 1-2mbps, pings are around 60-70. Almost everywhere in my neighborhood has LTE. Will the signal quality get better as LTE gets to final completion? Or is that the best I would be able to obtain given that I am indoors but right next to the window.

The tower by my home was turned off, but the one by my school is on. I am so mad right now!

5 towers are up in flushing. i think they turned off one of them two weeks ago and it has not been turned on yet.

Could be worse...they fired up one that covered my office for 2 days about a week ago. Gone and hasn't been back since :(

Channel 100 went over there and kicked that LTE carrier's butt and took it offline. Channel 100 rules Downtown Baton Rouge, and no one is going to dethrone him. Channel 100 is kind of like Turbo from Wreck It Ralph.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Channel 100 went over there and kicked that LTE carrier's butt and took it offline. Channel 100 rules Downtown Baton Rouge, and no one is going to dethrone him. Channel 100 is kind of like Turbo from Wreck It Ralph.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

And guess what happened when I pulled out my phone when I got to my desk this morning? no 3G icon. What do you know...EVDO channel jumping from 75 to 100. Reboot 8 times and finally get on 175. Fire off daily email to customer service rep contact and OKC ticket support. Follow up with my daily phone call right when they open. I'm getting to know everyone up there ;)

Came across this website today that compares customer complaints to all carriers and locations. You will learn that every company has issues and significant ones. It will also help those people who want to switch carriers to see what reviews the other companies got. I learned sprint in NYC is rated 2nd and of all four carriers and every carrier has dead zones. (only about 500 ratings in total so far) Check it out and add any thoughts. Each person adds their location under the carrier name for specific coverage area complaints. Everyone has a different experience with carriers so what works for one may not work for others. Just interesting info. Add your reviews.

http://www.cellrecep...york/page1.html

I don't wanna drive this thread off topic so i made a new one here so respond here if possible

http://s4gru.com/ind...t-is-the-devil/

• Like 2

This morning I got strong LTE signal around Jackson Heights on the #7 train. I wish there was more progress in midtown Manhattan where I work and have almost 0 signal. When I check the Sponsor's maps, my building is no more than 200 feet from the tower, which has not been upgraded. My poor phone switches between 1x and EVDO all day and dies by 3PM.